Quitting Smoking

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Day 2 of "trying" to quit. I guess the best I can say is that I cut back drastically.

Smoked some ciggies this morning w/ my coffee - but have been in cessation mode for the last 6.5 hours (doesn't sound like much, does it?).

Back in the late 90s, I managed to quit for almost 13 months, and I quit simultaneously w/ starting proscar. I often wonder if quitting smoking PLUS being on proscar was the main reason for my regrowth back in those days.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Red Rose said:
Damn I miss those little guys.

I haven't had one since last Saturday :bigcry:

THAT"S FKIN GREAT! Hang tough brother!

Red Rose

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hair_tomorrow said:
[quote="Red Rose":b20fb]Damn I miss those little guys.

I haven't had one since last Saturday :bigcry:

THAT"S FKIN GREAT! Hang tough brother![/quote:b20fb]

Cheers boss.

The thing is that I can't avoid the inevitable equation:-

Friday night :beer:(s) = :smoke:

Anus

Reaction score
20 days for me today. i still put on half a nic. patch before dinner untill I go to bed though. But not one cigarette smoked (and feeling good too, to my surprise), just have to get off the nicotine now.

KiLLuMiNaTi

Established Member
Reaction score
man im exactly like you i quit smoking 6 months ago just as i started using propecia i guess i was thinking from this day on im gonna take care of myself lool

bluntman

Reaction score
ive tried to quit smoking cigs 3 or 4 times. Surprisingly this time around im doing pretty good considering its been just a couple of weeks. I am noticed im eating like a muderficker, so i try to pack some carrot sticks and snacks to satisfy this oral fixation of mine.

well, fight the good fight

-blunts

PS (Ronny)- sweet avatar, great albulm

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Aplunk1 said:
Gum, man... It helps.

Yeah - I need to do something. I backslided big-time and back puffin' away like a chimney.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
I know this is bad, but everytime I wanted to have a cigarette, I'd have a beer instead.

Lol, not the safest thing ever, but I did quit cigarettes after two years of chain smoking. Now, I still don't smoke or even get the urge. Yay.

Reaction score
I gave up cold turkey 4 years ago. Found some liptons green tea and ginger tea bags in the cupboard and was dissapointed with the flavour so I went out and bought some real ginger and better quality green tea. I just grate a fair amount into the cup and throw in a green tea bag. You can keep filling the cup with hot water because the ginger retains flavour for quite a while.
Apparently chicks use ginger tea for pmt pain, sailors use it to ward off sea sickness and body builders use the green tea for thermogenic weight loss. I lost weight while giving up.
Good luck! :hairy:

joeylloyd

Established Member
Reaction score
Using Zyban (Buproprion) worked great for me. That is the treatment of choice for giving up smoking.

powersam

Reaction score
wanna hear something weird? i've never really smoked but i use nicotine patches all the time. absolutely love them.

that zyban drug was used in a study here in the downunder involving chronic gamblers. australia has a huge poker machine problem. anyway, it was about as effective in treating the gamblers as it has been with smokers. that is to say, very effective. at least i think it was zyban, it was an anti addictive and i think thats the only one is it not? interesting stuff either way

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I might give Zyban a try. I´ve been reading about it lately.

It seems to interact with every drug available, but luckily you can have finasteride while having Zyban.

I hope this sh*t will keep me away from cigs.

Btw, do you know any online source for Zyban??

Aplunk1

Reaction score
It takes about 7 years after quitting cold-turkey until you become officially non-addicted.

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My dad quit 10+ years ago.

He says even now he feels the need to smoke when he sees other people smoking.

I can´t believe how stupid I was the day I started smoking this sh*t.

Also, wishing to quit and not being able for myself makes me feel angry and out of self-control, but I can´t do anything about it.

Every hour of the day I lose, cigs win.

Definitely, I´m going to give Zyban a try.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Cold-turkey, my friend.

I chain-smoked for two years. Two years.

I quit cold-turkey for a girl. It was the best thing I ever did.

Sure, it was hard at first... but working out, eating healthy, getting good sleep, and lots of gum all help!

bluntman

Reaction score
Its been a b**ch trying to quit smoking, especially because i get so nervous and anxiety kicks in when im in school.
After this finals week, im going to try to go cold-turkey, again. With hopefully ssome success this time around. If that doesnt work, im gunna look into Zyban, ive been hearing nothing but good things about this.

-blunts

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I tried to quit cold-turkey. I couldn´t.

I was fantasizing every single second with a cig. I was in a very bad mood until I smoked again. I yelled at every person around me, and I felt the urge to punch every little object, thing and person that disturbed me. And almost everything disturbed me when I was not smoking.

I couldn´t.