RE: Flutagel

Newbaldy84

Established Member
Reaction score
Sinere is promising to replace flutagel with some dutasteride plus some other crap and saying that it's going to be more effective. I don't know what to do now. Will topical dutasteride reduce my beard like flutagel? I Don't think I will jump on this cuz duta is known for destroing hairline which took me so long to regrowth. I dn't know what to do now. I could start using genhair flutamide I don't want systematic absorbation, then there is fluridil which is question mark when it comes to effectivness. What else is there? spironolactone is out of question (too weak, too smelly and hard to apply)

alkulk

Established Member
Reaction score
I think, spironolactone is not weak, its underestimated...
How much Flutagel do you have left?
I think you can try Fluta Lotion.

el_duterino

Reaction score
Hey Newbaldy..how about trying the MDF Solution ? I think you can have it formulated without minoxidil in it.
I might try it myself once my Flutagel stock runs out.

About Fluridil, so far it looks as effective as Flutagel, without the side effects.

Regarding dutasteride, the claim that is is bad for the hairline is just wrong. There are studies that prove the contrary and I have been using it for 4 years and it saved my hairline. I think Bryan has also confirmed that.
And the reports from people using it topically (empty a cap into Aloe vera gel) are very positive too.

How did Flutgel work for your hair ?

G

Newbaldy84 said:
Sinere is promising to replace flutagel with some dutasteride plus some other crap and saying that it's going to be more effective. I don't know what to do now. Will topical dutasteride reduce my beard like flutagel? I Don't think I will jump on this cuz duta is known for destroing hairline which took me so long to regrowth. I dn't know what to do now. I could start using genhair flutamide I don't want systematic absorbation, then there is fluridil which is question mark when it comes to effectivness. What else is there? spironolactone is out of question (too weak, too smelly and hard to apply)
Have you still not learnt anything you fool?

G

philly said:
Cassin, would you be so nice to ban Davidoff?

el_duterino, I think it would be interesting for all of us if you dropped the flutagel for 2-3 weeks and only relied on the fluridil. Even in the worst of cases (rapid thinning), you could always get back on flutagel to thicken those hairs again without any damage done. Please tell me what you think.
Ban for what ? Because your cut flutagel doesnt work?

el_duterino

Reaction score
Hey Philly, I should do that, good suggestion.

Anyone interested in Fluridil should read this:
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/EP1169301.html
&
http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/fo ... 6431062273

BP-766 became the Fluridil product.

From the patent:
Percent Androgen Receptor Remaining in LNCaP Cells after incubation with other antiandrogens : At high concentration it reduces AR by over 90% and at lower concentration by about 50% after 24 Hours.

But the experiment is incubation, I don't know how this translates into a topical application.
I don't know the concentration of Bp-766 in one Eucapil capsule.

What I really think is that Fluridil destroys a good amount of AR but some AR must remain active.
Since less DHT has been binded to AR overall, more DHT than usual is free and available to bind to the remaining AR.
Therefore the best combination could be a topical anti-DHT such as Finasgel or dutasteride, and Fluridil.
At that stage, Flutamide would perhaps not bring anything more. Plus it has the strongest potential side effects.

I have tried Finasgel AND fluridil everyday (night/day) the last few days and I can feel that my hair are super thick right now.
And my current reduced oral dutasteride amount is also helping to lower scalp DHT as well.

Things are looking very good now. Overall results hair-wise are far superior to everyday ORAL dutasteride, and without increase of side effects.

G

Oh poor shilly.Did i hurt your feelings little buddy? Everyone has the right to have an opinion so stop crying.

kite_boy

Reaction score
el_duterino said:
About Fluridil, so far it looks as effective as Flutagel, without the side effects.

How is that possible? Surely futagel slowed down absorption with it's thick gel? Fluridil uses an alcohol base which which would increase the absorption into the bloodstream?

el_duterino

Reaction score
kite_boy said:
[quote="el_duterino":jnlw2lfw]

How is that possible? Surely futagel slowed down absorption with it's thick gel? Fluridil uses an alcohol base which which would increase the absorption into the bloodstream?[/quote:jnlw2lfw]

Fluridil has been formulated to break down in water (=blood). Also, if you look at the patent -research paper on BP-766 there was not systemic absorbtion measured.

I know it sounds confusing because the name is similar fo Flutamide but it is a totally different molecule.

But I must correct myself, after 3 weeks on only fluridil & dutasteride I now have the impression that fluridil, on its own (as a topical) is not as powerful as flutamide.
No shedding but it seems that the strong hair shaft thickeness I saw using flutagel has decreased a bit.

However, Fluridil has no side effects at all and has a different mode of action against the effects of DHT, and is easy to apply at any time.
I will therfore keep using it everyday, hoping for a synergy effect with dutasteride and Flutamide.
I apply fluridil in the morning, wash my hair in the evening and use flutagel at night, then wash my hair again in the morning, before using fluridil once the scalp is dry.This avoids mixing both topicals.

cmudave

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a bottle of sinere flutagel I never ended up using..if anyone from the states wants it i'll let it go for $40 shipped.