Recommendations on hair dyes in the Uk.

Baldrik

My Regimen
Reaction score
Two questions:

1) I use just for men to dye the back and sides of my head, but it lasts only about a week. I went to a salon a few weeks back and they used a dye that took longer than 30 mins to apply but it lasts about 2-3 weeks. Any recommendations on what I can use at home?

2) my system is going a bit yellow in the sun, despite me using leave in conditioner. I’m I ok with dying the system too? So it matches my back and sides?

dax

My Regimen
Reaction score
Two questions:

1) I use just for men to dye the back and sides of my head, but it lasts only about a week. I went to a salon a few weeks back and they used a dye that took longer than 30 mins to apply but it lasts about 2-3 weeks. Any recommendations on what I can use at home?

2) my system is going a bit yellow in the sun, despite me using leave in conditioner. I’m I ok with dying the system too? So it matches my back and sides?

Use a salon brand like Koleston Perfect or Majirel. You can find them online. You'll need to buy 20 volume hydrogen peroxide as well.
Yes, you can dye your system. I only have experience with lace, and you have to be careful not to dye the knots. Also, I personally find that it's better to use a colour a couple of shades lighter as hair systems just seem to grab the colour, ie. My bio hair is a #6, but I freshen up my systems with a #8.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To dye the system (when it fades) I just use normal L'Oreal and leave it on 15 minutes rather than the 25 / 30 minutes for bio-hair.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ive used Schwarzkopf products for a decade. Usually have the piece off when I dye, but do the piece and my natural hair at the same time.
Never had a problem

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Two questions:

You need to use a permanent or semi-permanent hair dye instead. Any brand will work as long as the colour on your bio hair and hair system are a good match.

Yes you can dye a hair system. I recommend using Back2Natural every week or few weeks to counter any fading from the sun, but you can use any hair dye really. Also use a leave in conditioner that has sun/UV protection as this will help reduce fading.