Recovery From A Norwood 5a Status?! ^.^

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
All of this in the name of a regimen that will grow hair which will probably not be as sustainable as you think once you stop. It's beyond irresponsible.
I'm sure he could sustain his hair after he drops 'E'. As long as he's still on AA he should be okay. i think

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
All sides and changes aren't irreversible in that level as cutting out the balls. There are also people ts ftm.

Ok. thanks for explains. But I think that somebody feels like a man or like a woman. I don't know, I take all these meds and I don't feel like a woman.

Hormones don't make someone their gender. Gender is innate in your brain. Hormones only help match the outside with the inside. So of course you taking female hormones won't make you "feel like a woman", since your gender identity is still male.

IamZhea

Reaction score
I'm normally very accepting of all identities and reasons for transitioning. But considering this post, I doubt he really is trans:

Probably just wants to regrow his hair. I understand why he would want to do that, but I think he's going to be supremely unhappy as a trans woman if his hair loss is indeed the sole reason for transitioning. Being a bald guy is still better than being a trans woman unless the dysphoria is strong enough to make transition a necessity, in my opinion.

I was really surprised to hear this too. Personally, I can't stand even having my facial hair grow for more than 2 days or it feels terrible. I don't know a single transwoman who would WANT to thicken up their beard. I mean, maybe I could see it if OP was trying to speed up lazer treatments (by growing more between the sessions).

Idk, that's bizarre but this persons regiment is extremely powerful and probably shouldn't be used if not trans.

Dnpuntold

Reaction score
Okay let's clear things up, I didn't like the idea of sharing stuff like this online that's why avoid the topic when getting asked on the thread or on pms, I have bpd because of identity issues since maybe early teen years, I do not identify myself with either gender,I mean I do, but it's kinda hard to explain and show people where I'm coming from.So ya I'm doing what I consider best for me at this moment,regret is always a possibility but for now it's something I must do .Beardwise,I'm thinking longterm, it has to go eventually but I'd like to get a fue in the close 1-2 years and leaving my donor hair intact seems logical to me, why would I waste a perfect opportunity to skip laser hair removal and get perfect density ontop. Okay medication wise I was on spironolactone, I had no information on CA previously anty was the first that told me about it, I did my research and decided to swap them out why I was still in early transition. If skipped to cover something ask away, but let's try to keep this thread about hair in the future

Dnpuntold

Reaction score
I'm normally very accepting of all identities and reasons for transitioning. But considering this post, I doubt he really

Probably just wants to regrow his hair. I understand why he would want to do that, but I think he's going to be supremely unhappy as a trans woman if his hair loss is indeed the sole reason for transitioning. Being a bald guy is still better than being a trans woman unless the dysphoria is strong enough to make transition a necessity, in my opinion.
Also that is kinda out of context but I see your pov

Dnpuntold

Reaction score
Dnpuntold, if you want to use a minoxidil on your beard, use that minoxidil which doesn't contain finasteride or any other anti-androgen and estrogens. People who use a minoxidil for the beard, usually use high percent, 15% or higher.

Ya will do, I have a 5% solution atm, gonna research around if can mix it up to 10% with minoxidil powder

hlt4678

Reaction score
@Dnpuntold The way you describe yourself, you sound like a non-binary. And that's fine. There are loads of non-binary people who take hormones, myself included. But we are going off topic here and probably confusing a lot of the cis people on this thread, lol. But I really can't stress enough, 200mg is way too much. You could probably get the same results with half of that. Your just asking your liver to do all this extra work that probably isn't necessary. Especially that you are also taking Estradiol which is can also help to nullify what little testosterone is left in your body. It's important, even for trans people to at least have some testosterone in their body.

I would consider going to see an endocrinologist and getting proper hrt treatment under the informed consent system - I'm assuming your from the US. If that's not an option then consider getting blood tests done just to see exactly where you are hormone wise. A good little community to keep tabs on for people who take hrt without the help of an endocrinologist is the /r/transdiy community on reddit. I know it's not my business but it's foolish of me not to speak up.

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Dnpuntold The way you describe yourself, you sound like a non-binary. And that's fine. There are loads of non-binary people who take hormones, myself included. But we are going off topic here and probably confusing a lot of the cis people on this thread, lol. But I really can't stress enough, 200mg is way too much. You could probably get the same results with half of that. Your just asking your liver to do all this extra work that probably isn't necessary. Especially that you are also taking Estradiol which is can also help to nullify what little testosterone is left in your body. It's important, even for trans people to at least have some testosterone in their body.

I would consider going to see an endocrinologist and getting proper hrt treatment under the informed consent system - I'm assuming your from the US. If that's not an option then consider getting blood tests done just to see exactly where you are hormone wise. A good little community to keep tabs on for people who take hrt without the help of an endocrinologist is the /r/transdiy community on reddit. I know it's not my business but it's foolish of me not to speak up.
When it comes to hair regrowth, I guess it would depend on how aggressive his hairloss is.
The more aggressive; the more drugs & higher dosage needed to restore hair...But from what I'm to understand, OP's regimen has already passed the point of hair restoration AND a person of trans. Did i get this right?

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes his dosage of CA is definitely cause for concern. 100mg is completely overkill. Most trans women get away with only using about 25mg and it still usually completely nukes their T. Some use even less than that because it's not good for you to have no T at all, even if the goal is to medically transition. 50mg is the highest dose I've ever seen prescribed as a part of feminizing HRT and even at that dose there is serious concerns about liver toxicity and CA also has a pretty bad reputation for making people depressed/suicidal, this is worse with higher doses. Even a dose of 50mg is probably overkill unless he intends to medically transition at some point. Maybe even then it's overkill, but we'd need blood tests to know for sure. Please for the love of god tell me you're doing regular blood tests OP, and getting your liver checked out too. If you aren't you're literally just asking for trouble/death.

That guy who is on 200mg CA is gonna need a liver transplant lol.. not worth destroying vital organs over some hair guys... especially when there is literally no reason whatsoever to even be using more than 25-50mg in the first place! o_O

Last edited:

Dnpuntold

Reaction score

I'm on 100mg of CA currently I'm not from US and with the healthcare here it's nearly impossible to find anyone remotely willing help out so I'm self medicating to a degree, oh tho my aunt is a doctor and I'm getting her onboard soonish. As for transdiy that is going to be really helpful for the moment ty ^.^

Dnpuntold

Reaction score
Yes his dosage of CA is definitely cause for concern. 100mg is completely overkill. Most trans women get away with only using about 25mg and it still usually completely nukes their T. Some use even less than that because it's not good for you to have no T at all, even if the goal is to medically transition. 50mg is the highest dose I've ever seen prescribed as a part of feminizing HRT and even at that dose there is serious concerns about liver toxicity and CA also has a pretty bad reputation for making people depressed/suicidal, this is worse with higher doses. Even a dose of 50mg is probably overkill unless he intends to medically transition at some point. Maybe even then it's overkill, but we'd need blood tests to know for sure. Please for the love of god tell me you're doing regular blood tests OP, and getting your liver checked out too. If you aren't you're literally just asking for trouble/death.

That guy who is on 200mg CA is gonna need a liver transplant lol.. not worth destroying vital organs over some hair guys... especially when there is literally no reason whatsoever to even be using more than 25-50mg in the first place! o_O
Uhzh I guess I was misinformed, I was actually considering dosing up after month 3, since I don't plan on running ca for more then 6 months, but you've made me reconsider I got my blood test done prior to spironolactone, so 2-3 weeks before I get them checked again, probably gonna check out the liver around the same time, depression wise I've mastered the art of depression in the past, my immunity is absolute xd

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting. Are you a doctor, or do you just have a lot of experience with this? What do you think 10mg for 3 months would do to your liver?

I'm not a doctor but I'm trans and spend a lot of time in trans spaces. I've met a lot of trans women on CA, and 50mg is the highest dose I've ever seen prescribed, with 25mg being the average dose observed.

10mg probably wouldn't do much harm to your liver if you're healthy. But I still strongly recommend against taking anything like CA/spironolactone unless you are transgender... even just for 3 months. It's not worth it.

Dnpuntold

Reaction score
Ok, thanks. I'm considering it as a last resort, but I'm making good progress on standard treatments, so I don't think it will come to that.
Considering sides and the money you need to fight them your better off getting fue, you can try out something like topical spironolactone but from my observations it just needs to go systematic to affect hairloss

Dnpuntold

Reaction score
TMPDOODLE1468680160314.jpg
P_20160716_172745.jpg

Update on crown and top ,I'm happy with the results so far temples on the otherhand are improving but a lot slower to my observations ,decided against minoxidil and dropped it early on,now I'm only applying it to my facial hair , planning on fue in early 2018

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You dropped minoxidil?...? o_O
why? Results would come faster on those temples, especially because you're using 'E'

Dnpuntold

Reaction score
Heyo today is a sad day for me sad indeed ,I'm currently going thru big shed which is cool my temples have a shitton of new vellus hairs growing out so that's cool.But it all changed when the dupa nation attacked.I decided to check how my hair was doing from other angles until...
P_20160809_211621.jpg

Uh oh shedding that nice donor hair of mine I see ,so delightful ,dheusynsisgetwyjansg6smehye peace lata see ya in the afterlife.Zz okay on a serious note dupa,Telogen Effluvium or minoxidil shed in your opinion,I want to believe its Telogen Effluvium since I'm going thru unhuman amounts of stress last 4-5 months but I also noticed my dad is thin in those areas also so it might be dupa,it could also be the fact that I'm kinda going overboard with the 15%minoxidil since i started it.Also my knowledge on dupa is low but if it works by similar mechanisms as Androgenetic Alopecia , it should resolve itself eventually I suppose?Anyway I'm gonna check up with a dermatologist next week but your opinions are valuable since everybody knows that 90%of the HairLossTalk.com forum members are more knowledgeable about hairloss than the big majority of medical faces out there

Dnpuntold

Reaction score
Still shedding like a mad man so i give myself buzzcuts. A. Little update hairline is starting to get some shape despite the overall huge shed. I apologize for the bad quality pics, future updates will be with a better quality.
IMG_20160814_155934.jpg
IMG_20160814_160238.jpg
IMG_20160814_155746.jpg

The buzzcut and poor quality might be hiding how bad things are going in terms of thickness but ya thats all for now. Plx no make funs of my big forehead

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When did you quit minoxidil? 2-3 months before your shed? 2-3 months after I quit minoxidil back in 2015 I went into the biggest shed I've ever had and essentially dropped back down to baseline. It's easy to underestimate the effect minoxidil has and overestimate how much CA/estradiol is doing.

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When did you quit minoxidil? 2-3 months before your shed? 2-3 months after I quit minoxidil back in 2015 I went into the biggest shed I've ever had and essentially dropped back down to baseline. It's easy to underestimate the effect minoxidil has and overestimate how much CA/estradiol is doing.
Hi Receding... how've you been holding up? Hair looking any better?