• Yes, some regrowth, 6-8 months after shed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, some regrowth, 9-12 months after shed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bash

Established Member
Reaction score
I´m trying to get some kind of statistic of how many people have experienced regrowth after a propecia shed. That's propecia treatment only (+nizoral is acceptable). I think the information will be of interest to many on this forum.

Did you return to the state prior to treatment? Note that treatment does not usually kick in before a full three months, so that´s the state to compare to.

NOTE! If it has been less than six months since your shed stopped, then it's too early to answer this poll,

Thanks!

SE-freak

Reaction score
Nice poll Bash.

I hope many participate.
It will be interesting to see results.

shoRt sHanKs

Reaction score
Bump...10 months on Propecia and minoxidil. No maintenance. No regrowth. Just shed after shed. Hoping this changes soon!

biff

Established Member
Reaction score
It's too early for me to participate but I am shedding like f*** today and I am around two and a half months in.

jumpedthegun

Established Member
Reaction score
the results of this poll thus far are not very encouraging. i'm really hoping those that replied "Never" are people who didn't read the poll instructions haven't been on finasteride long enough to get regrowth.

80% yikes!

jumpedthegun

Established Member
Reaction score
i'm also hoping people misinterpreted "Regrowth" to mean new hairs growing in rather than regrowth of existing hairs that were lost only during the shed. maybe that skewed the results.

messmorph

Established Member
Reaction score
Interesting Poll. We need to do another one but make it a bit more strict

NOTE! If it has been less than six months since your shed stopped, then it's too early to answer this poll, <--- very good point. i bet a lot of people said NEVER.

i'm also hoping people misinterpreted "Regrowth" to mean new hairs growing in rather than regrowth of existing hairs that were lost only during the shed. maybe that skewed the results. <--- exactly

jumpedthegun

Established Member
Reaction score
why aren't more people responding to this? i know there are plenty of shedders out there who have been on propecia long enough to see if their hair grew back.

And it would be nice if after responding to the poll, you write a little message about your experience.

dek

Reaction score
why is the first option of the poll, "3-5 months after the shed stopped" offered if you cant respond if it has been less than six months? Other than oddly flawed directions, this is a very good poll and a damn shame it has only gotten 14 responces, since there are a rediculous amount of posters who have been on propecia longer than that and complain about shedding all the time...

Bash

Established Member
Reaction score
The 3-5 months limit is an exception because it´s quite a short time in terms of hair growth. But that still doesn't change the six months reply limit. If you've had regrowth within 3-5 months, wait till the sixth month to report it.

The sixth month limit is a way to make sure that regrown hair is sustainable.

WE NEED MORE REPLIES!!!

Any experienced finasteride users will be doing us a great favor by participating in the poll and posting experiences.

Bash

Established Member
Reaction score
WE NEED MORE VOTES & REPLIES!!!

Any experienced finasteride users will be doing us a great favor by participating in the poll and posting experiences.

Come on guys, we need this....

SE-freak

Reaction score
Don't worry jeff.

There is no room for you to panic more. You have maxed the bar. :nofear:

jeffsss

Reaction score
SE-freak said:
Don't worry jeff.

There is no room for you to panic more. You have maxed the bar. :nofear:

well whatever man..

I dont know about you, but losing all my hair is detramental to me.

mattj

Established Member
Reaction score
This poll couldn't be considered scientific, but to me it appears a strong reason NOT to start on finasteride. If the stuff causes shedding which doesn't re-grow, then what the hell good is it?

jeffsss

Reaction score
mattj said:
This poll couldn't be considered scientific, but to me it appears a strong reason NOT to start on finasteride. If the stuff causes shedding which doesn't re-grow, then what the hell good is it?

I know. i wish i would have found this forum before my dermatologist started shoving these down my throat.

who knows if my hair would have gotten worse??

just like any medication you should do SERIOUS research.

I dont think i did enough. I wish i knew that there were topical inhibitors before i started propecia.. but now getting off propecia would probabaly be the wrong thing to do since i've been aboard for just about 3 months.

mattj

Established Member
Reaction score
But the thing is, this poll and some of the other posts in the shedding forum seem to be at odds with the high opinion of finasteride which is held in the other subforums. Those that sing finesteride's praises must also surely have seen this poll. Where is the balance?

jeffsss

Reaction score
mattj said:
But the thing is, this poll and some of the other posts in the shedding forum seem to be at odds with the high opinion of finasteride which is held in the other subforums. Those that sing finesteride's praises must also surely have seen this poll. Where is the balance?

I think there is no balance. It's pretty obvious judging by this poll that a lot of people have experienced the same thing.