Removed nizoral from my regime.

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
nesta said:
Cassin said:
This ridiculous notion of scalp massage being of any benefit aside.

Like I give a flying f about that. I´m gonna keep doing it as long as it keeps giving me this kind of progress.

Tell you what nesta, you sit there at home, don't have sex, don't exercise, massage your scalp and report back with a full head of hair. :lol:

I'll be holding my breath for that report.

G

social_drinker said:
Cassin said:
nesta said:
Cassin said:
This ridiculous notion of scalp massage being of any benefit aside.

Like I give a flying f about that. I´m gonna keep doing it as long as it keeps giving me this kind of progress.

Tell you what nesta, you sit there at home, don't have sex, don't exercise, massage your scalp and report back with a full head of hair. :lol:

I'll be holding my breath for that report.

I never said anything about having sex! I said that long sessions of wanking done over an extended period of time will def make your hair fall off.

I can report that I washed my head just an hour ago and it was wonderful to see that I lost oh about 10 or so hairs - and I haven´t washed my hair in like 4 days. My scalp feels wonderful, my hair is looking better and better each day and I will continue claiming that scalp massage, cardio and less wanking are effective ways of fighting hairloss.

It´s not like my advice are expensive - I´m not plugging Lasercomb, revivogen or any other "wonderdrug".

Cassin

Reaction score
nesta said:
I said that long sessions of wanking done over an extended period of time will def make your hair fall off.

Then every male between the age of 13 and 17 would be bald, think man. Where is your "def" proof anyway?

I have issues when people make wild and absolute claims with nothing to back it up. I am calling out the "def."

G

Cassin said:
nesta said:
I said that long sessions of wanking done over an extended period of time will def make your hair fall off.

Then every male between the age of 13 and 17 would be bald, think man. Where is your "def" proof anyway?

Are you stupid? You need a certain something for DHT to make a difference. I don´t know and I´m not sure anyone does if it´s a higher receptor count, proneness to inflammation, higher enzyme activity etc - anyway this is what´s encrypted within your genes - close to 40% of the male population have these genes.

If you have the setup then DHT will take advantage and you will suffer hairloss. DHT is made from Testosterone and since hairloss doesn´t really setin until the age of 18 when testosterone really kicks in it´s quite possible that the AMOUNT of testosterone will decide. Now go order another batch of revivogen and good luck.

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
nesta said:
And of course you didn't offer even a single piece of evidence for this claim, just like you haven't offered any evidence for any of your other wacko claims.

nesta said:
I can report that I washed my head just an hour ago and it was wonderful to see that I lost oh about 10 or so hairs - and I haven´t washed my hair in like 4 days. My scalp feels wonderful, my hair is looking better and better each day and I will continue claiming that scalp massage, cardio and less wanking are effective ways of fighting hairloss.
And I will continue to ask for evidence for these claims.

nesta said:
It´s not like my advice are expensive - I´m not plugging Lasercomb, revivogen or any other "wonderdrug".
But it is like your advice is nonsense and can cause well-meaning neophytes to lose valuable time and hair while they pursue these ineffectual "remedies."

Cassin

Reaction score
nesta said:
Are you stupid?
Ah so there we have it, childish responses to a simple request for proof.

nesta please start providing scientific studies for your idiotic claims or stop stating them as fact. Are you getting upset? I look forward to your child like responses on this.

nesta said:
Now go order another batch of revivogen and good luck.

I don't use that stuff, please quit embarrassing yourself by continually posting incorrect information.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Let's put this myth to bed. Nesta, unlike you, I have done some homework before making a claim, and here is my information:

First, and most importantly, PubMed reveals NO studies linking masturbation to hairloss. Nothing. Nada.

Second, there are three websites that make claims that masturbation causes hairloss. 4-men.com, herballove.com, and actionlove.com. All three websites are owned by 4-men.com, and all three are portals that push unproven herbal supplements that they say will alleviate the problem. These websites are the ONLY THREE websites I could find that make the claim that masturbation causes hairloss, and all three are owned by the same herbal supplement maker. Does that not seem a little curious to you?

Moving down the list of my google search, a citation from Georgia Tech University's Health Services Q&A forum:

Question:

Does too much sex or masturbation cause hair-loss?
Answer:

Masturbation nor sex will not cause the body physical harm, including hair loss. Perhaps a bit of pubic hair might be lost during the sexual activity, but it will generally grow back. Everyone experiences some hair loss daily, up to 100 hairs per day. Excessive hair loss can be caused by factors such as genetics, disease, injury, or old age, all of which affect the normal growth cycle of hair.
There is only a problem with frequency of masturbation when it begins to interfere with daily activities or is causing emotional distress. As long as you can continue to function in your daily activities such as school, job, studying, family, etc., there isn’t a problem. Masturbation is a healthy sexual outlet.

Next, from jackinworld's list of 'myths':

MYTH: Masturbation causes hair loss, chronic fatigue, and other problems FACT: Internet scam artists have tried to invent a concept called "overmasturbation," insisting that you have to buy their expensive herbal pills in order to counteract the effect of masturbating more than a couple of times per week. But the pills have absolutely no effect — and masturbating once or twice a day will not make your hair fall out, or cause anything else they claim.

From Morphollica.com, a site run by hairloss Doctor Alan Bauman in Florida:
Male Pattern Hair Loss is a genetic condition. It is unrelated to masturbation.

I searched WebMD.com, no citations linking masturbation to hairloss. In fact, it says that masturbation is a healthy sexual outlet and there are no 'upper or lower limits' on how frequently a person may indulge except for possible social concerns.

From Teenhealthfx.com
There is no connection to semen loss and hair loss. These myths are generally presented as taboos regarding masturbation. There is also no connection to wearing a hat and baldness as long as the hat is not putting stress on the hair.

That's Gardener's stand.

What information are your opinions standing on, Nesta? Doctor Mom?

Petchsky

Reaction score
The Gardener said:
Let's put this myth to bed. Nesta, unlike you, I have done some homework before making a claim, and here is my information:

First, and most importantly, PubMed reveals NO studies linking masturbation to hairloss. Nothing. Nada.

Second, there are three websites that make claims that masturbation causes hairloss. 4-men.com, herballove.com, and actionlove.com. All three websites are owned by 4-men.com, and all three are portals that push unproven herbal supplements that they say will alleviate the problem. These websites are the ONLY THREE websites I could find that make the claim that masturbation causes hairloss, and all three are owned by the same herbal supplement maker. Does that not seem a little curious to you?

Moving down the list of my google search, a citation from Georgia Tech University's Health Services Q&A forum:

Question:

Answer:

Masturbation nor sex will not cause the body physical harm, including hair loss. Perhaps a bit of pubic hair might be lost during the sexual activity, but it will generally grow back. Everyone experiences some hair loss daily, up to 100 hairs per day. Excessive hair loss can be caused by factors such as genetics, disease, injury, or old age, all of which affect the normal growth cycle of hair.
There is only a problem with frequency of masturbation when it begins to interfere with daily activities or is causing emotional distress. As long as you can continue to function in your daily activities such as school, job, studying, family, etc., there isn’t a problem. Masturbation is a healthy sexual outlet.

[quote:b6734]MYTH: Masturbation causes hair loss, chronic fatigue, and other problems FACT: Internet scam artists have tried to invent a concept called "overmasturbation," insisting that you have to buy their expensive herbal pills in order to counteract the effect of masturbating more than a couple of times per week. But the pills have absolutely no effect — and masturbating once or twice a day will not make your hair fall out, or cause anything else they claim.

Male Pattern Hair Loss is a genetic condition. It is unrelated to masturbation.

I searched WebMD.com, no citations linking masturbation to hairloss. In fact, it says that masturbation is a healthy sexual outlet and there are no 'upper or lower limits' on how frequently a person may indulge except for possible social concerns.

From Teenhealthfx.com
There is no connection to semen loss and hair loss. These myths are generally presented as taboos regarding masturbation. There is also no connection to wearing a hat and baldness as long as the hat is not putting stress on the hair.

That's Gardener's stand.

What information are your opinions standing on, Nesta? Doctor Mom?[/quote:b6734]

Case closed! Moral of the story: Have a wank :!:

Bismarck

Reaction score
Petchsky said:
The Gardener said:

Question:

Answer:

[quote:213f0]MYTH: Masturbation causes hair loss, chronic fatigue, and other problems FACT: Internet scam artists have tried to invent a concept called "overmasturbation," insisting that you have to buy their expensive herbal pills in order to counteract the effect of masturbating more than a couple of times per week. But the pills have absolutely no effect — and masturbating once or twice a day will not make your hair fall out, or cause anything else they claim.

[quote:213f0]Male Pattern Hair Loss is a genetic condition. It is unrelated to masturbation.

From Teenhealthfx.com

That's Gardener's stand.

What information are your opinions standing on, Nesta? Doctor Mom?[/quote:213f0]

Case closed! Moral of the story: Have a wank :!:[/quote:213f0]

On a side node ... Scientists measured serum testosterone levels of men before and after watching a p**rn. The levels were significantly increased. So maybe masturbation has a little effect on balding.

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bismarck said:
On a side node ... Scientists measured serum testosterone levels of men before and after watching a p**rn. The levels were significantly increased. So maybe masturbation has a little effect on balding.
Did they measure DHT levels in the scalp? That's the only thing that matters as far as serum testosterone leves vis a vis hair loss is concerned. Until a link between masturbation and scalp DHT levels is established, one should not assume that masturbation has anything to do with hair loss. Simply raising serum testosterone levels is meaningless to hair loss.

Bismarck

Reaction score
mvpsoft said:
Bismarck said:
Did they measure DHT levels in the scalp? That's the only thing that matters as far as serum testosterone leves vis a vis hair loss is concerned.

Wrong. Serum DHT is mainly responsible for balding. The important areas of the follicle have a high blood circulation. That's probably why topical antiandrogens perform so poorly.

Simply raising serum testosterone levels is meaningless to hair loss.

Note that Eunuchs start balding as soon as they get testosterone injections.

bis

PS. I didn't say I has a noticeable effect but I guessed that increased T *could* contribute to male pattern baldness. Furthermore it has to be questioned for how long the T-level is raised after p**rn.

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bismarck said:
mvpsoft said:
Bismarck said:
Did they measure DHT levels in the scalp? That's the only thing that matters as far as serum testosterone leves vis a vis hair loss is concerned.

Wrong. Serum DHT is mainly responsible for balding. The important areas of the follicle have a high blood circulation. That's probably why topical antiandrogens perform so poorly.
Do we know that they perform poorly? Do you have links to studies showing that? Also, I said that scalp DHT (not testosterone) matters. Of course serum DHT matters; how otherwise would the DHT get to the scalp? But unless you can show studies that prove that watching p**rn leads to increased serum DHT levels, the fact that testosterone levels are raised is meaningless. Your initial claim was that serum testosterone matters, and that's false. It takes time for testosterone to convert to DHT. Raising testosterone levels for, say, 30 minutes or an hour, means nothing as far as male pattern baldness is concerned.