Replacement for finasteride?

josh7000

Established Member
Reaction score
I started to notice side effects around a month after taking 1mg of finasteride, i.e some gyno, sore nipples, ball ache ( which I'm unsure if this is all attributed to ) and ED. I tried reducing to 0.5mg but I've stopped until the sides hopefully go. In the meantime and if this doesn't work out I could do with something else. I'm currently using minoxidil twice daily and nizoral 2x a week. I've heard about Topical Spirolactone but heard it's either not effective or that it has the same sides as finasteride basically. I also heard about topical cetrizine. Any ideas? I just want to get onto a solid regime. I'm 20 and probably around norwood 3 I'm unsure.

Iopu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm the same on finasteride. Except it gives me brain fog and low libido!
RU58841 is the closest to it in a topical. I can use this (at careful dosing) without sides. Topical spironolactone for me did not have any sides but seemed ineffective.

Iopu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
With finasterade, I knew fairly early on that treatment wasn't going to work for me. Regarding sides.
With RU58841, I don't really get any sides. But I feel them a bit if I increase my dose.

josh7000

Established Member
Reaction score
Right okay, so after stop finasteride how long did your sides take to diccipate. I'd say mine have just become noticeable in the past week or so anyway

Iopu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh ok, I get you now. My sides went away in about 1 week after stoping.

ottomanboy

Reaction score
my sides went away about 2-3 week ... finasteride gives me gyno and low libido ... ofc gyno hasn't gone but it not that big gyno. now it has been 1 year without any medicine and now i am going bald... but seriously i prefer to be bald and less handsome than be without balls ... if there will be any good treatment without effect manly hormone i wil ldefinitely use it but just not finasteride man. dont do this to yourself.

josh7000

Established Member
Reaction score
Have you tried minoxidil and nizoral? and also I'm hearing about topical cetirizine

- - - Updated - - -

Also what dose of RU58841 do you take, what is this? and where do you even get it etc?

Reaction score
20 and around NW3 is tough man! I heard that pumpkin seed oil can actually have some effect as a DHT blocker. But as always there is not much evidence for that. You can just try 1g of that oil as a supplement.