Replicel Is On Fire Lately — Data In Feb.

Royaume

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The latest news have something in common. Androgenetic Alopecia is indeed linked to the immune system. Follica listed it's treatment under "immune system" but Dr. Cotsarelis clearly said a few years ago that Androgenetic Alopecia is NOT related to the immune system...

We need our hair back. I just want to hear that decernotinib is the final solution for Androgenetic Alopecia.

H

Reaction score
Ambiguous to say the least. It sounds like you're not sure, either. I don't buy the fibrosis kills HF to death theory. Why do higher levels of DHT in HF not cause baldness in all males?

If DHT is the root cause of male pattern baldness, then why doesn't castration solve the problem? I think the fibrosis theory is just a way of saying they don't know.

Scientists are now able to re-grow a type of hair in people that is genetically programmed not to, cochlear hairs.

AA, AT and AU - three vexingly difficult immune-related hair loss disorders solved by a topical ointment - and perhaps one more to go.
Actually alot has been shown at least what ive read that castration mostly does stop the progression of male pattern baldness but it doesn't reverse it at all. If your castrated before puberty you'll keep your hair most likely but if DHT has had a chance to nest near those sensitive follicles your going to see some miniaturization. I believe when hair miniaturized so far the blood supply is cut off and so far no drug can completely recreate that connection. You can see in those pictures of that guy with areata sure he grew back his thinning horseshoe pattern but suppressing his immune system didn't do anything for those follicles dht already laid siege to.

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You can see in those pictures of that guy with areata sure he grew back his thinning horseshoe pattern but suppressing his immune system didn't do anything for those follicles dht already laid siege to.

His HF were laid siege to by more than just Androgenetic Alopecia. He has AA plus Androgenetic Alopecia, a most uncommon double whammy for non-scarring hair loss disorders. And yet a high percentage of the hair in his male pattern baldness region grew back with oral ingestion of jakinibs, a less effective route for getting jakinibs to HF according to Angela Christiano, Colin Jahoda et al.

Last edited:

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
[QUOTE="NewUser, post: 1485613, member: 116490]Why do higher levels of DHT not cause baldness in all males?

If DHT is the root cause of non-scarring Androgenetic Alopecia, then why doesn't castration solve the problem? [/QUOTE]

For the first statement, is it not because not all males have genetically sensitive follicles?

Secondly, testicles are not the only source of testosterone in males and removing them initiates a losing race of equilibrium but still a hormone supply.

H

Reaction score
His HF were laid siege to by more than just Androgenetic Alopecia. He has AA plus Androgenetic Alopecia, a most uncommon double whammy for non-scarring hair loss disorders. And yet a high percentage of the hair in his male pattern baldness region grew back with oral ingestion of jakinibs, a less effective route for getting jakinibs to HF according to Angela Christiano, Colin Jahoda et al.
And this concludes... ya your right the hair that could come back that wasn't beaten down by dht/male pattern baldness yet was allowed to come back you got it. Unfortunately jaks probably won't do jack for just male pattern baldness sufferers you made my point :)

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately jaks probably won't do jack for just male pattern baldness sufferers you made my point :)

Another person who sounds unsure of the underlying cause(s) of Androgenetic Alopecia. That's okay because scientists are not so sure, either. :)

H

Reaction score
Another person who sounds unsure of the underlying cause(s) of Androgenetic Alopecia. That's okay because scientists are not so sure, either. :)
Take a jak capsule pour it into olive oil apply to scalp do this for a week or 2 if your results remind me of Motley Crue I'll delete my account on this site. Then we'll be for surely sure :)

Royaume

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Take a jak capsule pour it into olive oil apply to scalp do this for a week or 2 if your results remind me of Motley Crue I'll delete my account on this site. Then we'll be for surely sure :)

I am still positive about JAKs. We just have to wait for Aclaris next announcement (hopefully next week)

br1

Reaction score
On the replicel subject:

They said on their results report:

"The largest increase in hair density over baseline observed in this group was a 21% increase at 24 months."

Then I immediately thought.. "can you imagine how this one lucky fella is felling right now?"

Lucky bastard.. Joined the trials and hit the hair jackpot..

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
New interview with our favorite CEO:

https://www.smarteranalyst.com/2017...icel-life-sciences-president-ceo-lee-buckler/

"Instead of relocating thousands of hair follicles from the back of the head to the top (as they do in hair transplant surgery) we simply isolate the cell population that is immune to the condition, grow millions more of them in a manufacturing facility, and ship them back in a vial for injection into the scalp. They are then injected into the affected area and repopulate the existing hair follicles with a cell population that is immune to the condition. In essence, we’ve observed the regrowth of hair and the halting of hair loss progression."

I wonder why he was hesitant to allow any claims to be made on twitter to questions about this, but makes public comments like this?

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not to burst anyone's bubble...but

As they said in the data release, the patients saw an increase in hair, but how much varied so widely that it couldn't be considered statistically significant. Statistically significant means that the numbers exist in such a way that it cannot be random or chance and that the numbers are a result of your influence.

Thus, how much of that regrowth RCH01 is responsible for cannot be reliably determined at this point.

The halting of hairloss is fuckin' rad, tho

Reactions: br1

baldingAF

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So just to make sure I have this right

Shiseido's phase 2 will set to end 2nd half of 2018 which is the exact same time that there will be a commercial release in Japan? Right?

Also, japans laws allow for limited commercial use of stem procedures DURING phase 2 of testing and development but shiseido simply is going for that? Or is it AFTER phase 2?

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So just to make sure I have this right

Shiseido's phase 2 will set to end 2nd half of 2018 which is the exact same time that there will be a commercial release in Japan? Right?

Also, japans laws allow for limited commercial use of stem procedures DURING phase 2 of testing and development but shiseido simply is going for that? Or is it AFTER phase 2?

After, according to what I have read and Lee Buckler said as much in a video a few months ago.

However, a release next year is possible, but not guaranteed. It all depends on what Shiseido decides to do.

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not to burst anyone's bubble...but

As they said in the data release, the patients saw an increase in hair, but how much varied so widely that it couldn't be considered statistically significant. Statistically significant means that the numbers exist in such a way that it cannot be random or chance and that the numbers are a result of your influence.

Thus, how much of that regrowth RCH01 is responsible for cannot be reliably determined at this point.

The halting of hairloss is fuckin' rad, tho

BUT, why not get a hair transplant and then immunize your follicles? A product like this is my cure though. I am perfectly content with my NW2 becuase I can create an illusion of a full head of hair with the way my curls are. That's just me though.