Replicel Is On Fire Lately — Data In Feb.

dermrafok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Seriously, we've needed an alternative to finasteride ever since it showed up. Gotta have a contingency in case it fails you for whatever reason, right now it's finasteride or you're fucked.

Good news is that this is looking like a lock to fill that role. Q2 of 2018 is judgement day, if shiseido's phase 2 results show strong efficacy and they start commercialization in Japan.....lawd have mercy.
100% agree with you. And another millions of men with male pattern baldness are agree with you too.

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
100% agree with you. And another millions of men with male pattern baldness are agree with you too.
Today there are very good treatments for bad teeths, but millions of people still walking with bad teeths. Most of all those millions of bald men will not spend money on treatments for hairloss. If hairloss was number one problem in their lives this forum will have at least 5 million members.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Today there are very good treatments for bad teeths, but millions of people still walking with bad teeths. Most of all those millions of bald men will not spend money on treatments for hairloss. If hairloss was number one problem in their lives this forum will have at least 5 million members.

I recently had this go around with people on the HLC2020 blog.

It's incredibly easy to find numerous studies on Google that show the same statistics.

The overwhelming majority of men do not even know that treatments for hairloss exist and even the ones who do still don't opt to take them, and no, it's not because of "sides" no matter how much any of you wish that were the case. Just 20% bother to even look up options like hair restoration.

Men generally don't care about their appearance. While it's true that if superior treatments become available that most probably won't use it, I think we can certainly say that a lot more balding people will use it, as the main thing that turns people away from treatment, even if they know about it, is dismal regrowth and perpetual usage — most people aren't going to spend money on Rogaine every other month when its odds of working at all aren't great and aren't going to commit to taking a pill every day if it doesn't regrow a lot of hair.

Reactions: br1

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If only half the people in the USA experiencing hairloss sought a new revolutionary treatment, it could be a 15 billion $ market. But it's true, people talk and complain about their ailments yet do nothing about it.

http://www.statisticbrain.com/hair-loss-statistics/

Paul Phoenix, if you're reading this — and let's be real...you are — read it and weep, brother.

7 billion people on this rock. 70% of the males of the species will have pattern baldness.

Fewer than 1 million seek treatment
, globally.

f*****g pathetic.

Update: Lol he mad

Last edited:

dermrafok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Paul Phoenix, if you're reading this — and let's be real...you are — read it and weep, brother.

7 billion people on this rock. 70% of the males of the species will have pattern baldness.

, globally.

f*****g pathetic.

Honestly, I read everything and I think "Paul Phoenix" has a little reason. Better treatments are needed than Propecia to treat male pattern baldness. I think you know it too.
Propecia is a joke. 1) Shedding, 2) Daily treatment 3) Sexual and neurological side effects. Nobody likes Finasteride man...
I think that Shiseido and Follica can help us a lot in the very near future and away from Propecia for at least a season.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly, I read everything and I think "Paul Phoenix" has a little reason. Better treatments are needed than Propecia to treat male pattern baldness. I think you know it too.
Propecia is a joke. 1) Shedding, 2) Daily treatment 3) Sexual and neurological side effects. Nobody likes Finasteride man...
I think that Shiseido and Follica can help us a lot in the very near future and away from Propecia for at least a season.

Except not once did I disagree that better treatments than propecia are needed.

His claim was that "millions" of men are left with side effects.

As that STATS report shows, as do others, fewer than a million people are even pursuing professional treatment at all. The drug is still far lower risk than other, more popular medications like birth control pills and most men who aren't taking finasteride for hairloss, but for prostate problems (far more users), are curiously NOT complaining relentlessly about "sides".

Instead, he strawmans by showing me these studies or government updates to the warning labels regarding side effects.

Never said it couldn't have side effects, never said we don't need anything better.

But anyone who, given the abundance of data we can find that shows most men aren't pursuing treatment simply because they don't care, and instead suggests it's because of crippling, highly-prevalent side effects — is full of sh*t and coping with the unfortunate reality that we are, in fact, not terribly great in number.

kawnshawn

Established Member
Reaction score

, globally.

f*****g pathetic.

I have to call bull on the stat that only one million people of the 70% of the human species effected by hair loss seek some sort of treatment.

Min0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I call bs too. 1 million worldwide?

Just no.
no studies have been done, but i bet if you go out in the street and ask bald and balding people if they would like their hair back with a safe treatment, most of them will say yes in negative correlation with the price.

gimmiehairorgimmiedeath

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is the only treatment i have faith on.

Hope trial results show regrowth. Though hair loss arrest would be a cure for many.

Same here, Tsuji is pretty amazing so far but he's still got a ways to go before commercialization, lots can still go wrong. With shiseido they've built a whole facility for this and are still pumping money into it, a big ruthless corporation like that would've pulled the plug long ago if they didn't think they have something.

I'm super excited to see what they find with multiple smaller injections spread out over time vs replicel's phase 1 big single injection but even that halted loss in every single subject over the 2 years, the only difference between them was how much increased density they got and it sounds like they weren't on top of their game with controlling the cultivation/handling/storage of the cells which would explain the differing results. Could also just be the hairloss stage the subjects were in, just like finasteride which can't grow hair on a bald scalp but works well on recently diffused weak hair.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
One thing to consider however and that is people are influenced by their species behavior. Basically lemmings. So, I'd say you would see a dramatic increase in people having procedures if these newer treatments were a dramatic success. When a previously bald guy shows up at work with a full head and obvious restored self-confidence, the admiration of women and envy of men, it will be the start of a Tsuji tsunami.

MomoGee

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Same here, Tsuji is pretty amazing so far but he's still got a ways to go before commercialization, lots can still go wrong. With shiseido they've built a whole facility for this and are still pumping money into it, a big ruthless corporation like that would've pulled the plug long ago if they didn't think they have something.

I'm super excited to see what they find with multiple smaller injections spread out over time vs replicel's phase 1 big single injection but even that halted loss in every single subject over the 2 years, the only difference between them was how much increased density they got and it sounds like they weren't on top of their game with controlling the cultivation/handling/storage of the cells which would explain the differing results. Could also just be the hairloss stage the subjects were in, just like finasteride which can't grow hair on a bald scalp but works well on recently diffused weak hair.
Source? I thought most people halted their hair loss but some still lost some hairs.

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
^That's talking about the top seven responders, not everyone.

I too seem to remember that some participants lost hair, in the video you are referring to the guy said it was because of not following "the protocol," whatever that means.

br1

Reaction score
^That's talking about the top seven responders, not everyone.

I too seem to remember that some participants lost hair, in the video you are referring to the guy said it was because of not following "the protocol," whatever that means.

They said "an overall stabilization of the condition was observed on all patients..." elsewhere on their reports. Not for the top responders only..