Revivogen (HairLossTalk.com, Jimmy S, Yarbird, etc.)

viperfish

Reaction score
I just got a new shipment of revivogen and for some reason the serum is much lighter in color than what I have previously had. It used to be dark brown where now it is bright orange and seems to be more liquid in form. Anyone else experience this??? The new formula I got has menthol in it where as the other formula did not. It also has a stronger alcohol smell and burns more upon application (maybe due to the menthol). They also have replaced zinc with zinc sulfate.

kikoman

Established Member
Reaction score
i got mine in the first days of october
I've read a few posts talking about this new revivogen formula already.
Its not fake, if that's what you're implying

viperfish

Reaction score
No not fake, but just looks totally different. Why?? The formula has not changed that much. Like I said the only addition that I can make out is the menthol. I don't like it and my scalp has been itching all day! :evil:

Scott_A

Reaction score
yah

I bought mine at the beginning of September, I believe. No itching with me. In fact, my scalp rarely ever feels itchy, and it used to feel itchy quite a bit. Mine is pretty light coloured, so I think I have this newer formula. Perhaps it's lightened because of the complaints about the stained scalp? I believe it's the grape extract or something that was causing the staining, and perhaps it has not been removed, but reduced.

My only question about this stuff is if shedding is normal? I'm not sure if I'm shedding. I don't notice losing too many hairs during the day, but when I apply this stuff, and I'm lightly massaging it in, I seem to be dropping a fair number of hairs(15-20 at most). Is that a sign that I should stop using it?

viperfish

Reaction score
Scott,
It is grape seed extract not grape extract. :wink: The new formula was supposed to be improved because of the grape seed extract. However, the grape seed extract has been in the formula for quite some time so it is not exactly new. I have not heard that the formula was tinkered with to give a "lighter" colored formula to avoid staining.

viperfish

Reaction score
Scott,
The shedding when rubbing it in is a result of the rubbing. You should not discontinue revivogen use. How long have you used it?? Shedding is normal for the first couple of months when starting revivogen.

Scott_A

Reaction score
Cool

viperfish said:
Scott,
The shedding when rubbing it in is a result of the rubbing. You should not discontinue revivogen use. How long have you used it?? Shedding is normal for the first couple of months when starting revivogen.

I started early in September. I'm on a pure Revivogen regimen. I keep meaning to pick up some Nizoral, but I have a lazy mind, so I always forget. The Revivogen shampoo is pretty nice. Doesn't seem like it would really help with hairloss, but it's actually just a nice shampoo. My hair is shinier than ever.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Viper, ill direct the rev folks to this thread.

You should get on spironolactone 5% lotion if you have the cash ... just a little more assurance if you decided to drop Finasteride and are using Revivogen now.

HairLossTalk.com

viperfish

Reaction score
Yes I'm thinking about starting the spironolactone again, but this time I will try the 5 %. I just want to give revivogen at least 3 more months before going on anything else. My hair is really starting to look great! HairLossTalk.com when are you applying spironolactone?? Morning or night?? I know the directions tell you to use the spironolactone twice per day and if your only going to use it once per day then it should be applied at night. However, I apply revivogen at night which should remain on the scalp for 3 hours before applying anything else. This could be a problem with getting the spironolactone on at night??

viperfish

Reaction score
I also emailed revivogen asking if they have changed the formula to make it lighter in coloration due to the fact that some people have complained about staining. The topical just looks really different now in color, smell, and burns more upon application. I just wanted to make sure I did not get a "bunk" batch.

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hey viper, yes i notice that i have to keep shaking the bottle while applying (like within each .25mls) or else the darker stuff rises to the top. Other wise, when i shake it revivogen appears to be a brownish orange.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Here is Revivogen's response:

There is no new Revivogen formula and its ingredient's concentration remain unchanged. The change in color is mainly due to normal variations of the color of Grape Seed Extract which changes from season to season. This is out of our control but we rather use the variant with less color to avoid staining problems. We are searching for a better grape seed extract with minim color variation and least color so we can keep the formula's color similar to the recent batch received by your customer.

Best Regards

Red Rose

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Wow I have never heard of revivogen w/menthol

Anyway I have a question about the correct application of revivogen or any topical for that matter.

Is it the consensus that it is necessary to massage the therapy into your scalp - because to me this seems like a waste i.e. are you not going to be absorbing a large proportion of the topical into your fingers?

Anyway from the horses mouth this is how you are supposed to apply...

"The therapy needs to be directly on the scalp and not absorbed by the hair. When you apply it to the front, tip your head back slightly and drag the dropper with out squeezing. The therapy will flow slowly and use your fingers directly behind the dropper to spread the therapy. Remember a little will go a long way. The scalp needs to be covered with therapy, not saturated. This needs to be doneeveryday in any area that is affected. When doing the crown, you might need to part your hair in sections and use the same application technique; slowly dragging, not squeezing, the dropper and spreading out with your fingers. It should only take 5 minutes or so but correct application is necessary".

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Pfizer specifically states that massaging with your fingers is not necessary for Rogaine and Kirkland minoxidil.