Revivogen (HairLossTalk.com, Jimmy S, Yarbird, etc.)

HairlossCA

Reaction score
When you apply it to the front, tip your head back slightly and drag the dropper with out squeezing. The therapy will flow slowly and use your fingers directly behind the dropper to spread the therapy. Remember a little will go a long way. The scalp needs to be covered with therapy, not saturated.

Seriously, has anyone even tried this method? I am a little skeptical that enough (if any) solution will flow out of the dropper by simply dragging the dropper? I know that when I hold up my dropper to measure the amount (before applying), no revivogen is leaking out of the dropper, so how is it going to be dispensed by simply dragging it?

Also, I wonder how detrimental it is to oversaturate the scalp with Revivogen? I am sure I am over saturating when I apply, as I want to make sure I don't miss any spots-- 8)

Revivogen Users: How are you guys applying?

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
HairlossCA said:
Revivogen Users: How are you guys applying?
I basically drag it slowly, with a very slight squeeze. It comes out by capillary action when you drag it.

kikoman

Established Member
Reaction score
i'm using the official revivogen approved method of applying the stuff
turns out i used about .5ml less of it and my scalp feels less tingly and irritated than when i poor it on by squeezing. Hope this is a good thing.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
When I first started using Revivogen, I used to kind of push the tip of the dropper from the hairline up inwards for about 2 inches and do that in rows. It always seemed to catch some skin or hairs lightly which would gently pull some out of the dropper onto the skin (capillary effect mentioned above). For some reason I stopped doing that and just squeezed and massaged with fingertrips. You definitely use more this way. The frustrating part is keeping those irritating orange droplets from invariably coming down onto your forehead. If I can master those one day I will have accomplished a major goal in life. :)

HairLossTalk.com

Yardbird

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a different approach that seems to work well. I keep the dropper at basically a 90 degree angle from the application area, and gently tap the dropper against my scalp. This works well to give me little beads of medication without oversaturating.
It seems to help me get the most out of my dosage.

HairlossCA

Reaction score
For what it's worth, here's the method I've been using:

Before applying, I wet my hair and comb the hair completely back in the area at the end of the frontal area (midpoint of the scalp heading toward the crown), to reveal the thin area to be treated. I start by dropping a few small drops and rubbing it into the scalp with my finger to cover any thin areas in this region.

For the front-frontal area, I wet my hair and part the hair using a comb. Then I'll drop a good sized drop at the back of the part and let it flow down the entire part (toward the hairline) to saturate it. Then I'll rub it in with my finger. I am careful not to use too much, or some will end up on my forehead. In this case, I just rub the excess into my hairline. I make these vertical parts about every quarter inch and apply the Revivogen moving from right to left.

Then, after doing this, I start at the hairline and make horizonal parts every quarter inch (combing the hair straight up) and applying the Revivogen to the horizonal part that is revealed. I end up using 1.5mL - 2.0mL of product.

By using this method, I criss-cross the frontal area, which is the area I am most concerned with. So far, I've only been using Revivogen for almost 2 months so the jury is still out. I do feel like my loss has been stabilized though, albeit I haven't noticed any new growth, which it not expected anyway. It's really hard to analyze a treatment though, when I also have other treatment components in my regimen. We'll see in 6 months-- :lol:

Scott_A

Reaction score
Hmm

Aren't you supposed to massage this stuff into your scalp? I read something about massaging for 10-20 seconds.