Rogaine and "good" hair

Alex57

Reaction score
Hello.

My hair is thinning on my crown, but I am far from being bald. If i start using rogaine, will it have an affect that hair that is growing normally or does rogaine make "healthy" hair rogaine dependent hair? Do you have to take rogine twice a day once you get your hair back? Could you cut down to one time a day??

Thanks!

The Gardener

Reaction score
I'm an NW2.5, and from my personal experience the Minoxidil has had an OUTSTANDING effect on my existing, but thinning hair.

My actual regrowth has been modest, and I would be very upset with the product if it weren't for the fact that it has done such a great job of thickening up my existing hair that the overall cosmetic impact of minoxidil has been excellent.

In a nutshell, the question you are asking is the exact thing that minoxidil has done best for me.

Axon

Reaction score
Hello,

Rogaine does not make healthy hair dependent on it. Some people believe that it does because as time goes on, more and more hair begins to fall to the effects of male pattern baldness.

Frankly, people just want something to blame. Think about it - rogaine doesn't make the "horse shoe" supsectible to male pattern baldness, does it? If it had any kind of negative effect in that regard, it would have to affect the horseshoe area as well.

<waits for comments about the legendary NW10>

I use Minoxidil once daily for maintainence. I would suggest using it twice daily for maximum effect. If it's leaving your hair too greasy or taking to long to dry, worry not. This is a common concern on these forums. Most of us on the go use the 5% Minoxidil from http://www.minoxidil.com/. Product #500.

It's pricy, but more than worthwhile. Dry in 20 minutes, leaves no tangible residue.

Also, may I suggest Finasteride for your condition? It is a once a day pill that stops the root of hair loss. There are some side effects, but they are uncommon. I use Finasteride and I don't know what I'd do without it.

Please post any further questions here.

Resultsnottypical

Established Member
Reaction score
Axon, couldn't find "your story"...what's your regimen, how are the results?

I am heading up on 1.5 years on minoxidil, and a few months on finasteride and nizoral..pretty good results so far.

What's it all doing for you?

tobyfan

Reaction score
Axon said:
Hello,

It's pricy, but more than worthwhile. Dry in 20 minutes, leaves no tangible residue.

u mean Minoxdil? Only 20 min? I found it was still on my scalp 2~3 hours later. What's wrong?