RSR38's Story - ( 38 / Success on BIG 3... 8 Months)

RSR38

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, I am about to turn 39 in a couple days and this is my success story for the "older" crowd. LOL. I am actually not the typical "40" type. I am a Fitness Trainer and have done some fitness modeling in the past. I am very active and have a young at heart approach to life. I had extremely thick hair through my twenties and into my early thirties. About 34-35, I think I first noticed shedding and subtle loss of "weight" of hair and volume. It wasn't noticeable to anyone except me, but I think that was the start. At 36, it was happening, no doubt. Tons of shedding, significant changes going on, but because i started out with WAY above average hair, it was STILL decent enough to keep grown out. By 37, I knew a buzz cut was inevitable. It was going to change me forever. I always thought I would have hair, yet I was rapidly diffusing in a NW5+ pattern.

I Buzzed it soon after and it was a sign that I had surrendered. Now the thing is, I had the same overall hairline as prior to hair loss, but my hair just miniaturized across my head in one or two "waves" of shedding and it kind of looked like I had a "framework" of fine, less pigmented hairs still covering the NW5 area. Under a flash or bright light, it also looked like I was bald on my crown.

Honestly, at my age, it seemed like I should accept the male pattern baldness fate, but in my mind I could not give in just yet. I had been very afraid to use Finasteride or dutasteride because of my occupation and dedication to being in good shape. I was concerned about the reduction of DHT. Nevertheless, I opted to have a chance at hair again. I had no expectations of achieving my twenty-something hair, but I thought maybe if I could just reverse 2-3 years of male pattern baldness, I could be reasonably pleased and it would be decent hair for my age.

I started treatments in March 2010 and have used finasteride, Min and nizoral (The BIG 3) for the duration. I have added Miconazole Nitrate about 45 days ago and I am CONVINCED it has sped up and enhanced the other meds. I also recently dropped the Nizoral shampoo and instead began applying Nizoral CREAM in place of the shampoo.

I have had VERY good results and I believe I am well on the way to gaining back those three years!!!

Here are a BUNCH of pics. Read the caption on picture to see my progress and time of the picture...

These first pics are of my low point. It was on July 1, 2010. I had been on treatments for 3.5 months and I thought all hope was gone. I was pretty depressed when I looked at these images...

Attachments

• IMG_0990.jpg
    IMG_0990.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 707
  • IMG_0991.jpg
    IMG_0991.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 882
  • IMG_0982.jpg
    IMG_0982.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 873
  • IMG_0976.jpg
    IMG_0976.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2,521

RSR38

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Success on BIG 3... 8 Months of treatments

And now 8 Months in here is where I am at...

Attachments

• 8mos10.jpg
    8mos10.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 716
  • 8mos9.jpg
    8mos9.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 707
  • 8mos8.jpg
    8mos8.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 653
  • 8mos5.jpg
    8mos5.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 705
  • 8mos4.jpg
    8mos4.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 689
  • 8mos1.jpg
    8mos1.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 679

skelll

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow that is good, especially for your age. I have a couple questions,

-What is the miconazole nitrate and where do u get it?
-What is the nizoral cream and do u apply it before the minoxidil or what?

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been following your story over at HLH, brilliant stuff. Should be moved straight to the Success forum.

How often are you applying Micon and nizoral cream? And are you applying them all over or just at the temples?

Keep up the good work and make sure you don't stop the updates!

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks great, are you still in shape the same as before?

RSR38

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, not as ripped as usual, but that's because I have been loose on my diet recently. Thew LEG shots are from a couple days ago. The upper body pic is about a month ago. I'll be getting in really good shape for a vacation in January.

Attachments

• upper1.jpg
    upper1.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 495
  • calves1.jpg
    calves1.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 448
  • Legs2.jpg
    Legs2.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 438
  • Legs1.jpg
    Legs1.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 448

RSR38

Established Member
Reaction score
Tyler...

Thank You! I apply the Nizoral cream at night after an evening shower and Micoazole in the morning after shower. I use minoxidil an hour before bed as well. I had extremely good results since adding Miconazole. There are thousands of people who use it to grow hair faster and many have reported new growth and thickening. Here is a good link...

http://www.regrowth.com/hairloss-topic/25445

My hair grows very fast now. I've been on Micoazole for 46 days. About 2-3 weeks in and my vellus hairs went terminal. I'll post a pic showing the same temple on 10-29 and then 16 days later on 11-14 (the day I took my 8 month shots). The growth is very fast.

Attachments

• 8mos5.jpg
    8mos5.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 449
  • RTempleMicon30.jpg
    RTempleMicon30.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 481

Petchsky

Reaction score

RSR38

Established Member
Reaction score
I think the miconazole has a ton more anecdotal reports, but the ketoconazole is actually a weak anti androgen and it has some good science. I think there are different modes of action and maybe synergism, but it's speculative. From the addition of Micon, I have had a MAJOR increase in hair count and density. I would use the Miconazole first.

RSR38

Established Member
Reaction score
Here is 8 months with hair wet... Still diffuse, but it is filling in nicely.

Attachments

• 8moswet2.jpg
    8moswet2.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 511
  • 8moswet1.jpg
    8moswet1.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 549

Petchsky

Reaction score
MN it is.

The best pics to take, to reflect the true state of your hair is outside or by a window, with no flash....this gives the best impression of what your hair looks like to others, or using the video function is even better.

ps, what percentage do you take 2%, and where do you buy yours from?

garnett

Reaction score
RSR38, congrats on your great results so far!

I find your results quite encouraging as my hair loss situation is almost identical to yours. Same type of hair, almost identical hair loss pattern. Same type of fitness level and physique. Only difference appears to be age as I am nine years older at 47. I started noticing hair loss at 45 and it has been slow gradual thinning in a pattern like yours from the incredibly thick, dense hair I had (and still have on the back and sides).

I have been hanging on with a variety of supplements and minoxidil but will not take finasteride as I developed mild gyno from it when I tried it a couple of years ago. I initially found Nizoral too drying when I tried it a few years ago but began using Regenepure 3x/week a few weeks ago and started alternating keto cream and miconazole two weeks ago. To early to tell anything yet and not sure if anything will help if I refuse to use finasteride but we'll see. Your results are staggering so I am hoping for something similar. Currently my hair is grown out more that yours and looks ok - I'd love to thicken it up but maybe at my age it is asking enough just to keep what I have. I do use a microscope to examine my scalp and it appears so far the health of my scalp and hair may have improved incrementally.

I'll keep you posted.

garnett

Reaction score
I should add that my current regimen has given me hair from just about every follicle. It is the quality of many of the hairs in my male pattern baldness area that needs improvement. I have a ton of vellus hair in both my crown and hair line that I would love to turn terminal/thicken somehow.

RSR38

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I have to be honest and say that I believe the finasteride has really helped me a lot. Nevertheless, once I added the Miconazole about 7 weeks ago, my vellus hairs have rapidly gone terminal and ALL of my hairs in the male pattern baldness area have thickened in diameter. I am convinced that the Miconazole is VERY effective, but without finasteride, it's going to be difficult to maintain. Good luck! Keep us posted.

redunculous

Reaction score
Looks really good,

I'm really pleased for you and hope others can jump on your success and have similar stories to tell down the line!

Where do you buy your Miconazole and the Nizoral from and in what form is it coming in exactly?

RSR38

Established Member
Reaction score
Currently using both Miconazole and Nizoral from alldaychemist.com. I was using the CVS brand Miconazole and really liked the nice cream texture. But, the stuff I am using now was about $1 a tube, so it's worth it!

MJDub09

Reaction score
RSR38 said:
Currently using both Miconazole and Nizoral from alldaychemist.com. I was using the CVS brand Miconazole and really liked the nice cream texture. But, the stuff I am using now was about $1 a tube, so it's worth it!

Would it be worth it to try just on the hairline? That is my main concern right now and I have been pretty damn tempted to jump on the stuff but have been waiting for some good pics. You definitely have that so I think it may be time to give it a go.

RSR38

Established Member
Reaction score
MJDub09...

It seems like the most impressive results documented so far is temple and hairline improvement. I would say try it. There are enough people using it now to say it's at least well tolerated. You really have nothing to lose for a couple bucks.

I STILL BELIEVE THE MAJORITY OF MY IMPROVEMENTS CAN BE ATTRIBUTED TO finasteride AND minoxidil. However, that being said, when I added the miconazole, things took off like crazy. My hair growth rate is very fast and I have gained a ton of new hairs all over scalp. Google "Miconazole for hair growth" and read some stories from women who use it and report not only faster growth, but new growth. They really have no reason to lie, as that was not their reason for using it. They simply wanted FASTER growth, but MANY women reported that their temples were filling in and so on. That's how this idea originated.