RU vs topical dutasteride/spironolactone?

Newbaldy84

Established Member
Reaction score
Even though I am having a succes with my regimen I am starting to think of changing it. I don't think I will be able to keep buying RU paying 400$ every 3-4 months plus apple polyphenols which costs me 80$ a month.
I am thinking of changing RU to topical dutasteride/spironolactone from lipoxidil.com. I think it should have the same effect in stoping dht and androgens as Ru if not better (being it in liposomes and all)

What do you guys think?

finasteride
topical dutasteride/spironolactone lotion
and maybe apple poly but only tablets

I can't keep on spending so much money every month.

Newbaldy84

Established Member
Reaction score
damn I just looked at my hair after washing it and boy has It improved. I finally feel the thickness and all other things associated with having full head of hair.
Is it RU? is it apple poly?? could it be finasteride working already? or maybe just normal hair return after minoxidil shed that I discontinue?

So many questions and no answers :(

Fat-Elvis

Established Member
Reaction score
Newbaldy84 said:
damn I just looked at my hair after washing it and boy has It improved. I finally feel the thickness and all other things associated with having full head of hair.
Is it RU? is it apple poly?? could it be finasteride working already? or maybe just normal hair return after minoxidil shed that I discontinue?

So many questions and no answers :(
That's what sucks about starting a bunch of stuff at once. You'll never know which is doing the job, and you wouldn't dare drop any of them for fear that it'll make your hair fall out. :D

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
How long have you been using each of the things in your regimen?

CCS

Reaction score
staying with RU is by far the strongest regimen. The question is whether spironolactone would be strong enough. And if you want to take the time to make it. Lee's spironolactone is thick.

See, you have a lot more money than me, and even you don't want to buy RU.

I don't know how much effect testosterone has on hair, but RU should end any of that effect, whereas spironolactone will just reduce it. Internal dutasteride and topical RU would be the strongest. I'd keep the apple poly too, though make your own. Maybe even add minoxidil if it is not too messy. Though if you have most of your hair, their may be no need. I'd still do NANO shampoo, though, which is like minoxidil, but probably weaker since it is rinced out, but no mess since it is rinsed out.

The strongest regimen is probably
internal dutasteride
topical RU
topical and internal apple poly
NANO shampoo
nizoral shampoo and tricomin spray occationally.

Fat-Elvis

Established Member
Reaction score
Are there any studies or anything at all that shows the risk of any sides from RU?

CCS

Reaction score
no huge ones. just a few preliminary safety investigations that I know of. we know it breaks down once it leaves the scalp, so it no longer has AR blocking effects. Also no side effects reported in the small tests. I heard it is phase II trials in some country.

Newbaldy84

Established Member
Reaction score
CCS is there any way to test Ru on body hair and see if the solution has any effect on it? if the Ru does what is supposed to do than hair treated with Ru should come back weaker ? I just want to see if there is any sign that it works.....If I am going to spend 100$ every month for this I want to be 100$ that it works the way they all say it should....

about nano does it work like minoxil ? Cuz last time I used minoxil I started to develop darker and longer hair on my body. does Nano has the same effect?

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ccs said:
internal dutasteride
topical RU
NANO shampoo

Judging by my results, and of other people, it is a shame not to include minoxidil/retin-a in it. Perhaps it has a lower responders rate than other drugs, but boy, when you respond, it is miracle.

Fat-Elvis

Established Member
Reaction score
sphlanx2006 said:
ccs said:
internal dutasteride
topical RU
NANO shampoo

Judging by my results, and of other people, it is a shame not to include minoxidil/retin-a in it. Perhaps it has a lower responders rate than other drugs, but boy, when you respond, it is miracle.
If it weren't for the mass sheddings, extra body hair, and puffy face from water retention that minoxidil can give you, I'd be on it in a heartbeat.ric

Also ccs- why do you say "tricomin occassionally"? Is using CP's every day not any more effective than using it occassionally?

RadioRaheem

Established Member
Reaction score
Fat-Elvis said:
If it weren't for the mass sheddings, extra body hair, and puffy face from water retention that minoxidil can give you, I'd be on it in a heartbeat.ric

Also ccs- why do you say "tricomin occassionally"? Is using CP's every day not any more effective than using it occassionally?

Have you tried using Rogaine Foam? I just switched from the liquid to the foam, and the foam is 100 times better! It's just tons more convenient to use and dries in less than 10 minutes if not sooner for me. I had no sides with the liquid except that it made my skin flake. But I don't get any flaking and such with the foam. It's quite impressive.

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Newbaldy84, how many times per day do you use RU? What kind of mixture do you use? Did you get any sides?

I was using RU for a little more than 1 month and could have sworn it was helping, and thinking of restarting.

Thx.

haaribo

Reaction score
I`ve used the seach to find anything about topical RU but I cant find anything, so I was wondering what it is? Havent heard anything about it on a dutch website where i post. Can anyone give me a few links?

o i`ve found some info on it but didnt know its already on the market? Where can you buy this stuff?

Newbaldy84

Established Member
Reaction score
stax said:
Newbaldy84, how many times per day do you use RU? What kind of mixture do you use? Did you get any sides?

I was using RU for a little more than 1 month and could have sworn it was helping, and thinking of restarting.

Thx.

I use it once a day. I mix it with alcohol, ppg and disttiled water. No sides at all.

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks Newbaldy84.

How long have you been using RU for? And when did you start to see results?

I think im going to try that internal/topical apple poly aswell.

How does apply poly topical dry on the scalp? Does it leave any sticky or greasy residue and can you tell something has been applied?

Thx a lot.

JohnnySeville

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a question for the experts on this forum. If I were to try the RU and obtained results, would I have to continue using RU to maintain those results as you do with the other meds, or could I possibly use finasteride to hold on to the increases. I am not fully comfortable on the long term use of RU, no one really knows what it can do to you. Any educated guesses?

Hope Bryan is reading this!

BTW... I am currently using Rogain Foam, Retin-A and finasteride, but have a spot in the back that is not responding so far, maybe it will eventually but would like to speed up the progress if possible with RU.

Newbaldy84

Established Member
Reaction score
stax said:
Thanks Newbaldy84.

How long have you been using RU for? And when did you start to see results?

I think im going to try that internal/topical apple poly aswell.

How does apply poly topical dry on the scalp? Does it leave any sticky or greasy residue and can you tell something has been applied?

Thx a lot.

Ive been using Ru for 2-3 months now. I started to see results after 3 weeks. Topical apple poly has a brown color but it doesn't stain you scalp at all. It's not sticky or has any greasy residue. It's just like a spray. There is no way you can tell that something has been applied but right after you apply it there is a nice smell of apples coming out of you hair:) It fades quickly. I am happy cuz I hate the idea of putting someting that stain the scalp or is visible.

Fat-Elvis

Established Member
Reaction score
My "6 month supply" of applepoly pills just came in the mail and it came with a spray sampler. I imagine if I used two sprays a day it'd last me maybe a month. I just tried it out and yeah, it's not noticable at all. The only thing I notice is a fairly nice, rather fruity smell. Actually smells like some kind of candy that I can't put my finger on.

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys,

Newbaldy84, are you absolutely certain that the apply poly spray is giving you regrowth? I might try it but its like $100 per month for the spray and capsules.

Thanks.

Fat-Elvis

Established Member
Reaction score
A little applepoly spray update: I just put a few sprays on my hairline, and it really made my hair feel stiff and dry, like I put put hairspray in my hair and then blowdried it or something. Maybe I just used too much or something, but I don't really like how it makes my hair feel. I think I read somewhere that it has alcohol in it......do hair products with alcohol in them tend to do this?