RU vs topical dutasteride/spironolactone?

harold

Established Member
Reaction score
Fat-Elvis said:
A little applepoly spray update: I just put a few sprays on my hairline, and it really made my hair feel stiff and dry, like I put put hairspray in my hair and then blowdried it or something. Maybe I just used too much or something, but I don't really like how it makes my hair feel. I think I read somewhere that it has alcohol in it......do hair products with alcohol in them tend to do this?

I think I know the feeling you mean. I have been using a bunch of topicals lately and this kind of stiff, clumpy feel that my hair was getting was driving me nuts. I thought it was from PPG but I am actually pretty sure it is from a large ammount of hydrophilic substances being left on the hair when a solution evaporates. When hair has been stripped of sebum it has charged amino acids that may attract polar molecules. To test if its the same thing/feel dissolve a whole bunch of salt in water and put it on your hair. If not then I dunno, its something else about the vehicle they are using.
hh

j3nate

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok, just read this forum and here is what i think . ..

Newbaldy, you should concentrate on figuring out what is working before you jump on the topical dutasteride train. Adding another topical into the mix would just confuse things.

Since you really started getting good results after applepoly and RU, i suggest you try to phase out finasteride for about a month or so and see if this leads to a lot of loss. Or you can do the same approach with either of the other two.

If you really want to find out quickly, take out 2 of your 3 products and see which one really keeps hair the best.

Personally tho, if I were you and I was getting great hair results with no sides, I don't think I would change a thing. Great hair with no sides is worth all the money your paying for and more in my opinion.

Just my two cents

Newbaldy84

Established Member
Reaction score
I think you may be right. I already forgot how bad it felt to be loosing hair and what i would give to stop it and improve it and now that I am achiving that I am being unhappy with the money I am spending. You are right. So what if I have to pay a little more than some of us here. At least it's working.

Newbaldy84

Established Member
Reaction score
stax said:
Thanks guys,

Newbaldy84, are you absolutely certain that the apply poly spray is giving you regrowth? I might try it but its like $100 per month for the spray and capsules.

Thanks.

you can never be 100% sure. But when I started apple polly I watched closely for any sigh of regrowth and I notices after 2-3 weeks that some small little hair is starting to appear along my hairline. When I added Ru it just sped up whole thing

CCS

Reaction score
my site has the company info.