rusty_y2k2's story - Month 10 Update

Obsidian

Reaction score
Re: Rusty's story - now month 5

Dude your hair looks awesome, congrats and keep it up through thick and thin.

rusty_y2k2

Established Member
Reaction score

I'll take that as a compliment ginger.... :woot:

cheers guys - here's looking forward to month 6's installment haha.

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score

You have a full head of hair pal, and its tight knitt as well!

rusty_y2k2

Established Member
Reaction score

unfortunately not - it's just the nature of the beast with diffuse thinning, with the right angles and lighting it looks perfectly normal. Stick a lighting source (doesn't need to be massively bright either, even the bulb in my bedroom will do it) above and slightly infront of me and my scalp is clearly visible - as shown somewhat by the bottom row of pics. That's the only angle where my hair looks particularly thin in my opinion.

It's not just in my head either - I've had a few different people (including my sister and one of my best friends, so not vindictive people) comment that I started balding.

That said, I'm fully aware it could be much much worse, but that is why i hopped on early (ish - could have done with starting a year ago really). prevention is better than trying to regrow lost locks!

It is looking a bit thicker now though, hopefully it'll continue to thicken up for a while yet and then maintain!

rusty_y2k2

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: rusty_y2k2's story

Updated with month 10... I've now switched to taking pics every 2 months because I don't think every month is necessary.

I've elected to keep the pic small so as to make it visible all in one go. There is a link below for a higher res version which shows more detail obviously.

Crown still a bit irritating, I have some ideas for that though. In general my hair is looking better than in January, and I feel that I am still making some progress albeit slow.

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Looks good.

Be glad you still have an intact hairline. Diffuse thinning seems to be much easier to reverse than a receding hairline.

rusty_y2k2

Established Member
Reaction score
it's funny, the grass is always greener... I'm so envious of my friend who mainly has a receeding hairline, because it only takes him a few seconds to apply topical treatments and off he can trot. To get good coverage for me takes 10-15 minutes and leaves my hair a bit of a mess for a while (though xandrox has helped no end in this regard, i can use it in the morning and then style my hair 20 minutes later before i pop out the door no problem). I also view receeding hairline in the early stages to be more "normal" and most other people don't even pay attention to it until it gets much worse in my experience.... It's also potentially fixable via hair transplant - no such luck for diffuse thinning.

That said of course, there's nowt to be gained from treatments being easy if they don't work. He's getting fairly decent results though I think.