Sandalore - Chemical Used In Perfumes To Mimic Sandalwood Triggers Growth?

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I mixed everything up very roughly. I'd estimate I'm using a 1-1.5% mixture because the containers I mixed the vanicream and the Sandalore in did not have measurements but it should be fine. It mixed shockingly easily with just a simple mixing spoon that came with the containers I ordered. I started by putting the 1mL of Sandalore in the empty container, adding about 10-15mL of vanicream, stirring, and repeated that until I felt I was close to 100mL total (the containers only hold 120mL and I left what I eyeballed to be 20mL of space empty lol). Has a very perfume-y smell to it but not overpowering by any means and the vanicream was super easy to rub in and apply even with my super long hair, although I'm only applying it to the first 5cm or so of my hairline and my temples. I'm pretty confident it mixed well because I can feel a somewhat odd sensation on the areas I applied it to... not quite a burn, but I can tell it's more than lotion up there lol. I suppose I'll update how it goes eventually. Cost me like $35 to get a huge supply of this stuff so even if it doesn't work it's not a huge bust as long as my hair doesn't fall out.

Slight side note / why I'm not the best candidate to base results off of:

It's been a long time since I updated anyone here about my hair journey. Long story hopefully not as long - I ran into some insurance issues, some health issues relating to my work pushing me beyond my physical limits while on hormones, and major depression issues that resulted in a lapse of me taking my hormones. I was very sporadic with them, sometimes I'd take them for a week and then stop for 2-3 months. Other times I'd take them a couple days a week for a couple months. I had a period of time where I didn't take any hormones for about 6 or 7 months. During this time I was also relatively inconsistent with minoxidil. Never as bad as I was with my hormones but I was only applying my minoxidil 3-4 days a week most weeks. During this time I was mostly consistent with my dutasteride, although I did have a few missed doses and at one point I ran out and had to use finasteride for about a month.

Luckily I didn't lose that much ground but the hair quality was overall worse and the areas which I was previously slick bald on like the temples and the area in like the middle of the scalp directly behind the hairline definitely thinned out noticeably.

As of 2 months ago I started being pretty religious again with my hormones and my minoxidil. As of about 2 weeks ago I started using Stemoxydine on the hairline. I've been dermarolling with LiCL inconsistently as well, although I plan to make that a 2x/week affair here soon. All in all, I've got too much happening with treatments to put any would-be success solely on the shoulders of Sandalore with any degree of certainty, but I will still give an opinion on it as a treatment when I feel appropriate to make a judgment.

The last 2-3 months has been a period of intense shedding and if Sandalore could stop that and hopefully thicken up existing hair and hair I expect to come back with my newfound consistency in my regimen, I would consider it a success for me.
I have sandalore and vanicream too. How do you measure the 1ml of sandalore? Do you use a syringe? And then just mix into a bowl with the cream?

Also, are you seeing any results? Thanks

Jamesdunn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have sandalore and vanicream too. How do you measure the 1ml of sandalore? Do you use a syringe? And then just mix into a bowl with the cream?

Also, are you seeing any results? Thanks
Yes it's that simple. Mix it in a bowl. Add a little sandalore, mix then add bit more and mix ect.

Jamesdunn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Slight hair increase at mole at back of head.
1548855352881.jpg

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes it's that simple. Mix it in a bowl. Add a little sandalore, mix then add bit more and mix ect.
Thanks man much appreciated. Nice progress! What measurements are you using? And are you microneedling? Sorry if this had already been asked

CuredMouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Alright I may as well get on board. I have a couple questions as I haven't been following the thread religiously and I'm hoping someone can answer a few of them as it's pretty difficult searching through 1200+ responses for the answers.
1. What's the recipe? Obviously you can't just put the stuff on your head and expect results, so what's the vehicle/ ratio people have been using?
2. There's no harm in using this alongside minoxidl right? Nothing in the formula would counteract it I assume?
3. How often have we been applying? Is it daily or twice daily?
4. Where are we ordering it from?
Thanks in advance to anyone with these answers, I really appreciate it.

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m confused. How much vanicream should I apply each night? 1ml sandalore mixed with 100ml vanicream every night? Surely that’s too much? A 240ml bottle of vanicream on Amazon costs £25, so it would be costing me like £10 a night???

Last edited:

portaljar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How many drops are you adding into your solution now?
Hi, I add 0.5ml of Sandalore in 100ml mix with an insulin syringe that gives 20 drops.

Could the frequency, volume and type of 'application' also impact the effectiveness and not only the proportion of Sandalore?
Hi, I apply 5ml x day in a mixture of alcohol and pg that I hope to improve.

I’ll be using this while microneedling once a week. How many of you guys are microneedling with this too?
I added the microneedle routine once a week.

DMSO .......................... 2.5ml (or more alcohol)
Etilic alcohol .......... ..... 60ml (ethanol)
+ Shake strong
propylene glycol .... .... 20ml (or alternative)
distilled water ............. 17ml
+ Shake strong[/QUOTE]

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Enemy? Dafuq.

Enemy is Androgenetic Alopecia, not waman

All those trending theories about horseshoe pattern, mechanical stress, scalp tension and so on...turn literally into sh*t when dealing with female hairloss pattern
Same for retrograde

That's obviously a collateral effect of something else
@Arrade, my bad i thought you were talking about scalp tension

Last edited:

Jamesdunn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m confused. How much vanicream should I apply each night? 1ml sandalore mixed with 100ml vanicream every night? Surely that’s too much? A 240ml bottle of vanicream on Amazon costs £25, so it would be costing me like £10 a night???
100ml of the vanicream should last you ages. You're over complicating this. Just mix the 1% in the 100ml and that's it. Apply a squirt or 2 every day to areas effected

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
this recent proposed model explains why rethickening is plausible but regrowth is extremely improbable
once the arrector pili muscle (APM) is gone and replaced with fat, it's irreversible.
source: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/exd.13029

View attachment 110932
Yes but this is in advanced fibrotic loss. We’re talking after years and years of loss. Before I started using minoxidil, I had areas of completely smooth and bare skin where I’d receded. That all grew back. So rerowth is always possible depending on how advanced and how long standing the loss is. However yes, you are right in saying they once he arrector pili is detracted, your only option is cloned/transplanted hairs

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score