Scientific Study: Baldness is Ugly

wookster

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Once critical aspects of the American culture are adopted - whatever those aspects are - by whatever group, that group of people will experience rapid balding for the majority of them, with a rare few balding resistant folks also.

At my place of work, most people - equally in all ethnic groups - in their 30's and 40's - 75% or so, are experiencing the advanced stages baldness.

There also appear to be a few resistant holdouts that have super hair into their 70's and 80's though. They also smoke, drink, and eat whatever they want and still have great hair. They do suffer from other afflictions like arthritis, gout, etc.

Good genes? = good hair?

s.a.f

Reaction score

s.a.f

Reaction score
GrowHairGrow! said:
Heh... good hair genes usually mean good hair.

Thats what I meant. :lol:

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
[quote="GrowHairGrow!":cc193]Heh... good hair genes usually mean good hair.

Thats what I meant. :lol:[/quote:cc193]

what do you mean by good genes?
Michael Jordan went bald
Emmitt Smith went bald
Kobe Bryant is balding
Chris Daughtry is bald
the list goes on

s.a.f

Reaction score
I'm talking in general terms, those sportsmen have great skills and have trained hard to get where they are now. I just mean someone who has the genes to grow big strong and be good looking without having to go to much effort and obviously by this I mean also not having the genetics for m.p.b. Look at most attractive celebs they were born to look like thay do and take it for granted.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
I'm talking in general terms, those sportsmen have great skills and have trained hard to get where they are now. I just mean someone who has the genes to grow big strong and be good looking without having to go to much effort and obviously by this I mean also not having the genetics for m.p.b. Look at most attractive celebs they were born to look like thay do and take it for granted.

vin diesel?
al pacino?
ben afleck?
matt mcconaghey?
john travolta?
bruce willis?
not to mention all the ones wearing wigs and have had hair transplants.

s.a.f

Reaction score
:roll: Yes but all of them were considered above average attractivness when the first became famous and got their biggest film roles, even now they're probably much better looking than most people of their age.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
:roll: Yes but all of them were considered above average attractivness when the first became famous and got their biggest film roles, even now they're probably much better looking than most people of their age.

o yah, but you said people who dont bald have better genes...they ALL have the balding gene....

no need to roll your eyes at me...im just trying to have a discussion with you.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Sorry about :roll: . But To be honest this discussion was originally meant to be about ordinary people I was just using the celebs as examples that we would both be able to recognise.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Sorry about :roll: . But To be honest this discussion was originally meant to be about ordinary people I was just using the celebs as examples that we would both be able to recognise.

yah but im not so sure that it means good genes? that is a broad statement...if you been good "looks" genes than there are plenty of examples of good looking men who have expressed a balding gene...its really just look of the draw....obv. if you never bald you have a better chance of being better looking but its not really true...you cant just come to that conclusion.

I see plenty of fat ugly guys with FULL heads of hair....its really just luck of the draw.

s.a.f

Reaction score
hair today gone tomorrow said:
[if you meen good "looks" genes than there are plenty of examples of good looking men who have expressed a balding gene...its really just look of the draw....obv. if you never bald you have a better chance of being better looking.

Thats what I mean't obviously if you could pick your own genes you'd give yourself the type of hair genes that Brad Pitt or Colin Pharrel have. By the looks of it those guys will never have to worry about m.p.b.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
[quote="hair today gone tomorrow":7c840][if you meen good "looks" genes than there are plenty of examples of good looking men who have expressed a balding gene...its really just look of the draw....obv. if you never bald you have a better chance of being better looking.

Thats what I mean't obviously if you could pick your own genes you'd give yourself the type of hair genes that Brad Pitt or Colin Pharrel have. By the looks of it those guys will never have to worry about m.p.b.[/quote:7c840]

yes but for those two, you could find 2 ugly guys with full heads of hair...

you could also find two handsome guys with hair loss....the ladies love tom brady he is balding....actually it looks as if he has had a hair transplant.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Yeah obviously its better to be handsome and bald than nw1 and ugly but on average we'd both prefer to be blessed with great hair would'nt we? No matter what our CCS rating was. :lol:

s.a.f

Reaction score
Just googled Tom Brady, You call that hairloss? :? its not bad at all just a small amount of recession. Most people would hardly notice that.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Yeah obviously its better to be handsome and bald than nw1 and ugly but on average we'd both prefer to be blessed with great hair would'nt we? No matter what our CCS rating was. :lol:

yes, i agree with u here. However, you cannt simply say that someone with no hair loss has good genes...that is too broad a statement...maybe they are lagging somewhere else? fucked up teeth? big ears? tendency to put on weight easily

by saying they are blessed with good genes that means that hair loss and looks go hand in hand and that is not the case at all.....I would say they have good hair genes but I cant go as far to say as they have "good looks" genes.

s.a.f

Reaction score
I think you've missed what I am saying we are getting miles away from the original point. I just meant that having good hair genes is lucky. Obviously it does'nt gaurantee good looks but its part of the whole package, just like being tall or having good facial features etc. And if you've inherited all these traits you've got a great advantage in life. Of course thats just looks wise but then there is also genes for good health etc.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Just googled Tom Brady, You call that hairloss? :? its not bad at all just a small amount of recession. Most people would hardly notice that.

s.a.f. please, i wrote to you that i believe he has had a hair transplant...look for yourself
here are older pics of him

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/atta ... %20B%2Ejpg
http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/atta ... %20A%2Ejpg

this was him in 2007
http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/atta ... Ejpg%2Ebmp

draw your own conclusions.

s.a.f

Reaction score
yeah that improvement looks like a hair transplant, hope he's on meds.