Sebastian's Story (Started on finasteride and nizoral, 5 august + pic)

Sebastian84

Reaction score
I just found this site, and it seems like one of the first sites on the Internet about hair loss, which you can trust!

I am 26 years and from Denmark. My father still has all his hair, but my grandfather on my mother’s site was bold, and all my cousins and that site of the family are bold, besides me!
I started losing my hair last summer, or at least it was first last summer I recognized the problem. I had crazy itching in my head and I noticed a lot of hair loss when showering. I talked with a doctor about it, she told me there was nothing to do, the only thing was to use Nizoral. A year went and I used A LOT of my time going crazy about getting bold, when I think about it, it has also had an impact on my self esteem. So I went to a new doctor, and she introduced me to Finasterid Sandoz 5 mg, and I have been taking ¼ for 40 days now. I see no effect yet, but as I understand it, you want be able to notice anything before a least after 3 month. Besides the finasteride, I got 4 shampoos, I use them in a 4 day rotation: Nizoral 2%, Sebiprox, Selsun and Dermalog (anybody now about these products and the effect and should I use a normal shampoo also?).

Do you think I should take more than 1/4 finasteride a day? I have no sids so far.

I will keep providing new pictures.

Cheers

Attachments

• Foto den 16-09-2010 kl. 16.01.jpg
    Foto den 16-09-2010 kl. 16.01.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 260
  • Foto den 16-09-2010 kl. 16.01 #2.jpg
    Foto den 16-09-2010 kl. 16.01 #2.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 267
  • Foto den 16-09-2010 kl. 16.01 #3.jpg
    Foto den 16-09-2010 kl. 16.01 #3.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 267
  • Foto den 16-09-2010 kl. 16.01 #4.jpg
    Foto den 16-09-2010 kl. 16.01 #4.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 264
  • Foto den 16-09-2010 kl. 16.02 #2.jpg
    Foto den 16-09-2010 kl. 16.02 #2.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 316

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
Re: Sebastian's story (Started on finasteride and nizoral, 5 august 2010)

Shampoos mostly help with itching, but don't do anything to really address the balding problem.

I've been on finasteride since May 16, taking 1.25 mg a day, and only in the past 2 weeks has my itching subsided and I have started to see some regrowth.

Hopefully by 6 months things will be looking good.

Some people have started seeing regrowth as fast as a few weeks, but a LOT of people see nothing until 6-8 months.

Sebastian84

Reaction score
Thanks for your answar :)

Why are you talking 1,25 mg? Would it be a good idea to take a bigger dosis in the beginning?

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If you are cutting the 5mg pill into 4 equal pieces,then even you are taking 1.25mg a day.

Sebastian84

Reaction score
Ahh yes, my mistake. Hope It helps!

What do you people think of my pictures? Here are some new, where my hair is wet. I think it looks really bad!

Attachments

• Foto den 21-09-2010 kl. 09.09.jpg
    Foto den 21-09-2010 kl. 09.09.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 269
  • Foto den 21-09-2010 kl. 09.09 #4.jpg
    Foto den 21-09-2010 kl. 09.09 #4.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 256

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Since you have started finasteride only in august,give it some more time.I feel you would really benefit from it.

Sebastian84

Reaction score
I have 2 new questions:

1. I have been talking finasteride for some month now, and I am not sure if I have any sides, but the sperm is more fluid, is that normal? I am hoping, this is a problem because my body has to get used to the finasteride.

2. Should I start the big 3 now or in the future? And if I start, I can never stop again?

3. I still have crazy itching, I read a story about a guy who dobbeld his finasteride dozes and that helped, have anybody else tried this? I am using nizoral a few times a week.

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
1.I didn't really notice anything like that.Keep an eye on it and if it stays that way,stop finasteride and try other alternatives[spironolactone,Fluridil,RU,etc;]
2.Judging by those pics,it looks like you have very early signs of male pattern baldness.This would be a good time to start.You can stop it when you dont want your hair or when something that works better comes along.
3.Some people here say that Emu oil has helped them with the itching.I personally found Aloe Vera Gel to be really effective.Dont stop using Nizoral,it usually helps with things like inflammation and other scalp related issues.

Give your treatment some time[atleast a year] and if things improve,stick with the meds.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
Sebastian84 said:
I have 2 new questions:

1. I have been talking finasteride for some month now, and I am not sure if I have any sides, but the sperm is more fluid, is that normal? I am hoping, this is a problem because my body has to get used to the finasteride.

2. Should I start the big 3 now or in the future? And if I start, I can never stop again?

3. I still have crazy itching, I read a story about a guy who dobbeld his finasteride dozes and that helped, have anybody else tried this? I am using nizoral a few times a week.

I started using finasteride on May 14 2010. By August 20, 2010, I noticed my itching basically stopped. It took 3 months for me.

Stay on finasteride, your sperm changing a little isn't that big of a deal and will probably go back to normal over time.

Sebastian84

Reaction score
Update:

The sides are gone, at least I think so. No itching down there, and I am feeling like always. But I still have crazy itching on my head and I am lossing a lot of hair, even more than before I went on finasteride. Is the loss of so many hairs normal, when you start up with finasteride? I have stopped using wax for my hair and I am considering cutting my hair down to a few millimeters (is that bad for the hair?).
I will stay on finasteride, I know it can take a long time, to have an impact. But can it help recover some of all the hair I am loosing right now? Or should I begin sawing up money for an hair implant in the future?

Sebastian84

Reaction score
Thanks for the fast answar :)

Did you have a LOT of shedding after starting on finasteride? It's like I loose 3 times more now, really scary!

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
honestly, I don't know. sometimes I thought so but then other times I wasn't sure and thought maybe it was all in my head

all i know is i used to put the towel on my head after i'd get out and id have a lot of hairs on it, and once i got to 3.5-4 months it stopped and i only have a few or none that i could see. i mean i'm bound to get some no matter what

hair is looking thicker......my left temple is not really recovering like i wish, but it isnt doing worse....my right temple seems to be improving

Sebastian84

Reaction score
Here are some new pictures. I think it is looking worse, and I am still losing a lot of hair every day. I haven't missed finasteride for one single day.

The itching is still SO annoying, wish it would stop. I think my hair is so bad, so I am considering cutting it all off. And maybe save some money for a transplant in the future. I will stay on finasteride and nizoral.

What do you guys think about the pictures, and my plan? And anything I can do against the itching?

Attachments

• IMG_0787.JPG
    IMG_0787.JPG
    637.2 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_0788.JPG
    IMG_0788.JPG
    584 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_0790.JPG
    IMG_0790.JPG
    513.9 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_0791.JPG
    IMG_0791.JPG
    527.9 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_0799.JPG
    IMG_0799.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 159

Sebastian84

Reaction score
Could I been allergic to nizoral? Have been using it for a year and the ictching is only getting worse? Do you guys now another shampoo I could try?

Thanks!

Sebastian84

Reaction score
Update:

My head is still itching a lot, and I am still losing a lot of hair every day, I even think it's easyer for people to see now. Which is really annoying, and is bad on my self-esteem. Still haven’t missed finasteride for one single day.

Sebastian84

Reaction score
Here are some new pictures. As you can see I have cut my hair down to 2 centimeter (I am from EU ;-) )

The ictching is not that bad anymore, but my head is red a lot of places. I am still on finasteride everyday and nizoral 1 % 2-3 times a week.

What do you think?

Attachments

• IMG_0839.JPG
    IMG_0839.JPG
    511.5 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_0841.JPG
    IMG_0841.JPG
    706.4 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_0843745.jpg
    IMG_0843745.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_0845.JPG