Setipiprant For Hair Loss - Mega Thread

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks ,Yes you're right , I totally agree with you But my only concern is at the same time , I use minoxidil and I've got some regrowth ,

and you know some users don't even loose their hair on minoxidil after couple years , ( 2 to 3 ) , So how about if my result so far was

dedicated to minoxidil not finasteride ? I know finasteride do more maintenance than minoxidil but It is still possible to keep hair with minoxidil in short

term . so in this case I may still lose hair on Seti but Minoxidil keep my hair and slightly regrowth .

Yeah. I get you. But you quit finasteride in the past decade for some times right? Did you notice a decline of hair quality when you went off finasteride?

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah. I get you. But you quit finasteride in the past decade for some times right? Did you notice a decline of hair quality when you went off finasteride?

Yes I quit finasteride and minoxidil couple times and I always use them on an off, but from last year I was religiously using both , And during the time I have

not use both I obviously noticed a decline of my hair . Went from NW2 TO Norwood 3.5 / 4.

Sweuser

Reaction score
I'll give you guys one update:

I was on Setipiprant using ethanol/pg as a vehicle for almost a month. I tried a variety of combinations of the two to get it to keep SETI from undissolving, but each time after a few hours it would turn to mush and or harden up like scale in a tea kettle. I've since started using a different vehicle and while it dissolves, it also stays dissolved for at least 2 weeks. Having said that, I've been on it for about a month. I've gone a few days in a row without it and i've noticed this:

The days im on it, my scalp does NOT itch. The days I'm off it, my scalp itch returns. Sebum production also seems to be significantly reduced.

For obvious reasons, I won't be commenting on regrowth.

Is topical seti the only regimen during this mounth, or have you been using anything more?

Thank you for update!

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like a lot of users are reporting no itch which equals to reduced inflammation on the scalp. As far as these reports go it does really seem that PGD2 is behind inflammation at least. That's great! Because one you do reduce PGD2 you have nothing stopping the other good PGEs from performing at a very high potential. One way we can tell if the official trials do well is that if Kythera acquire rights to PGE2 as well, that would be a very definitive move and music to our ears!!

We've got a rational thinker!

You'll be happy to know that Kythera got bought out by Allergan, which is the same company thats going through trials for Bimatoprost... which is essentially PGF2a, a derivative of PGE2 (but its good for your hair). But yeah, actual PGE2 would be much better. Still, it's becoming clear that a single method of action will not be enough to reverse Androgenetic Alopecia, but rather a 'complete' approach is necessary, which as I've said before:

PGD2 and DHT inhibition, and upgregulation of PGE2, CD34 and CD200.

Jaym

Established Member
Reaction score

You'll be happy to know that Kythera got bought out by Allergan, which is the same company thats going through trials for Bimatoprost... which is essentially PGF2a, a derivative of PGE2 (but its good for your hair). But yeah, actual PGE2 would be much better. Still, it's becoming clear that a single method of action will not be enough to reverse Androgenetic Alopecia, but rather a 'complete' approach is necessary, which as I've said before:

I get the feeling bim will be enough for most people though if they are on Seti. I mean Swiss is only taking castor oil and the hairs are getting thick. How bout a bim+castor combo?

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score

Hellouser I already mentioned this to you in another topic. But since you got the cure (reversal of Androgenetic Alopecia). Put your words where your mouth is. I'm curious to how you will regrow your hair. What are you waiting for? Start a log with your methods/compounds on this forum and show us the reversal on your head? Start with baseline pictures, you know what to do.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hellouser I already mentioned this to you in another topic. But since you got the cure (reversal of Androgenetic Alopecia). Put your words where your mouth is. I'm curious to how you will regrow your hair. What are you waiting for? Start a log with your methods/compounds on this forum and show us the reversal on your head? Start with baseline pictures.

I'm not starting a log because I dont have all the angles covered yet. You don't really expect me to start a log where i'm only tacking 2/5 of the problem? I could start a log now while being only on setipiprant, but it won't be the complete story and my regimen is going to change in the coming months. I'd rather solidify things and then report on it all.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not starting a log because I dont have all the angles covered yet. You don't really expect me to start a log where i'm only tacking 2/5 of the problem?

Didn't know that. You make a fair point. Thought you promised to do it last monday so my idea was that you would have everything covered. Thanks.

username425

Reaction score
No. He used a variety of things.

- - - Updated - - -

Castor oil is brilliant though. It makes your hair look darker and thicker.

Castor oil being the only real quick commercially available treatment that fits Swiss' protocol, I can vouch for this. It's been 3 days for oral and topical Castor Oil for me, and my scalp feels amazing. Almost a cooling sensation most of the time, and a lot less instances of the male pattern baldness itch.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Both are needed for erection

Been on SETI for some weeks now; erections are still solid. Actelion already ran a bunch of clinical trials for setipiprant, loss of erections did NOT occur. Please don't spread lies.

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
Been on SETI for some weeks now; erections are still solid. Actelion already ran a bunch of clinical trials for setipiprant, loss of erections did NOT occur. Please don't spread lies.

Yes , I've never heard it before. Not even read anything about Erections problem because of PGD2 Blocker.

You know what is interesting to me ? Most of the guys who are going to get into group buy for seti has less than 10 posts , And many of them just 1 post or 2 .

I don't know if I should look at this positively or negatively .

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes , I've never heard it before. Not even read anything about Erections problem because of PGD2 Blocker.

You know what is interesting to me ? Most of the guys who are going to get into group buy for seti has less than 10 posts , And many of them just 1 post or 2 .

Plenty of veterans trying it out too, I wouldn't worry much.

distracted

Established Member
Reaction score

As one of those buyers, how is it either positive or negative?

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
As one of those buyers, how is it either positive or negative?

The point is Seti got a lot of attention TODAY after other users like hellouser bring that subject up to forum around 8 months ago .

So now everyone love to try seti , The positive side is we will have more trail group to see how it affects their hair and reporting the result in the

next couple months , the negative side is the users with 1 or 2 posts maybe don't have any idea what they are doing and do not have enough

knowledge about PGD2 Horizon , I maybe wrong.