Setipiprant For Hair Loss - Mega Thread

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you're interested in a group buy, look in the group buy thread. Shocking I know.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
For everyone interested in how Seti might work, look to swisstemples @ http://swisstemples.blogspot.com/2015/09/my-progress.html

His regimen involves inhibiting PGD2 and increasing PGE2, albeit in quite an extreme regimen. However, he is having fantastic regrowth. He only recently acquired Seti, so track his progress and see how it affects his hairgrowth further.

Most of his regrowth is from influencing pro-growth factors (PGE2, CD200, CD34) in a makeshift regimen. Once he actually adds Seti and real, exogenous PGE2 I'd imagine that growth is going to really take off.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
notice "might"...

Yeah, Seti's not going to work like that at all. It will be closer to finasteride i.e. maintenance and thickening (restoring miniaturised hairs to healthy terminal hairs). Add in PGE2 and other growth factors and you're looking at big regrowth. All theoretical at this stage of course!

- - - Updated - - -

Also - Hellouser will be posting his Setipiprant progress on Sunday/Monday when his ban is lifted.

LeBronJames

Banned
Reaction score
That's exciting Dench!
Wish I had the money to get into the group buy. If Hellouser has some exciting things to say, I may have to sell all my stuff raise money! Or perhaps sell myself for a couple of nights

- - - Updated - - -

Just kidding about selling myself

LeBronJames

Banned
Reaction score
Why is it censored? What did you say lol

- - - Updated - - -

oh my. ***

- - - Updated - - -

They really censored P.H.G

- - - Updated - - -

Thats hilarious.
Hey chongy, are you chongmet on bald truth talk?

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
He actually didnt use Seti

You're right , He recently add seti in his regimen and try that with different dosage and vehicles , The reason that he did regrowth is

choosing proper regimen and he knows what he do.

bushbush

Established Member
Reaction score
Well it isn't going to perform better than finasteride/dutasteride. It's a compound for maintenance anyway like mentioned here, nothing more then that. Even that is not sure. It isn't going to be a "regrowth" treatment.

Again, this is currently speculative, unless you know something that researchers in the field don't (or have yet to publish):

Inhibiting PGD2 may prevent miniaturization and provide benefit to those in the process of balding; however, it is unclear whether men who are already bald will regrow hair.
Garza, L. A, Liu, Y., Yang, Z., Alagesan, B., Lawson, J. A, Norberg, S. M., … Cotsarelis, G. (2012). Prostaglandin D2 inhibits hair growth and is elevated in bald scalp of men with androgenetic alopecia. Science Translational Medicine, 4(126), 126ra34. http://doi.org/10.1126/scitranslmed.3003122

If appropriate GPR44 inhibition can be achieved, the most important of all the above questions will address the reversibility of Androgenetic Alopecia in human subjects.
Nieves, A., & Garza, L. A. (2014). Does prostaglandin D2 hold the cure to male pattern baldness? Experimental Dermatology, 23(29), 224–227. http://doi.org/10.1111/exd.12348

Just because a compound acts downstream in a pathway does not necessarily mean that the effects will be the same as a substance that acts upstream.

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
Well it isn't going to perform better than finasteride/dutasteride. It's a compound for maintenance anyway like mentioned here, nothing more then that. Even that is not sure. It isn't going to be a "regrowth" treatment.

Hi Swoop , Hope everything is going well to you , Here is the argument , Even we don't call finasteride/dutasteride for regrowth , its very hard to say , In dutasteride trail studies it makes regrowth of hair around 90 Per Square inch , For finasteride the number was around 60 ( as far as I remember ) , So I see many people call finasteride/dutasteride is only for maintenance , But in studies it shows they can regrowth more hair in the specific area, I agree in average they don't give us LOTS of regrowth , But I always curious why the study result shows good amount of regrowth. The same story would be for Seti.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Again, this is currently speculative, unless you know something that researchers in the field don't (or have yet to publish):

Garza, L. A, Liu, Y., Yang, Z., Alagesan, B., Lawson, J. A, Norberg, S. M., … Cotsarelis, G. (2012). Prostaglandin D2 inhibits hair growth and is elevated in bald scalp of men with androgenetic alopecia. Science Translational Medicine, 4(126), 126ra34. http://doi.org/10.1126/scitranslmed.3003122

Nieves, A., & Garza, L. A. (2014). Does prostaglandin D2 hold the cure to male pattern baldness? Experimental Dermatology, 23(29), 224–227. http://doi.org/10.1111/exd.12348

Just because a compound acts downstream in a pathway does not necessarily mean that the effects will be the same as a substance that acts upstream.

They know them self they don't have any chance of it happening too. They clearly mentioned too that it's for maintenance, at least that is what they aim for.

It's more the fact that multiple DP2 antagonists have hit clinical trials already. Oxagen and Shinogi their compound is even almost ready to hit the market. If it would regrow hair you would already heard of it because it would show up as a side effect in these clinical trials. It's that simple. Just like minoxidil has shown to grow hair as a side effect 30+ years ago. Unless all these companies would be quiet about it and held it top secret but that's a ridiculous thing to assume. Probably would be even illegal. That's the beauty of androgenetic alopecia. Because it's so prevalent in humans many people are automatically a test subject in every clinical drug trial not related to hair. This is not so much speculation but logical thinking.

Sure there is a extremely small window that it will but that's just wishful thinking. Nonetheless a DP2 antagonist as a maintenance treatment would be awesome anyway because of a far better side effect profile imo.

Hi Swoop , Hope everything is going well to you , Here is the argument , Even we don't call finasteride/dutasteride for regrowth , its very hard to say , In dutasteride trail studies it makes regrowth of hair around 90 Per Square inch , For finasteride the number was around 60 ( as far as I remember ) , So I see many people call finasteride/dutasteride is only for maintenance , But in studies it shows they can regrowth more hair in the specific area, I agree in average they don't give us LOTS of regrowth , But I always curious why the study result shows good amount of regrowth. The same story would be for Seti.

Yes I'm doing alright man hope you too :). Yes you are correct finasteride/dutasteride can yield cosmetic improvement and thus improve hair counts. So perhaps Seti will too but it won't be superior to finasteride/dutasteride in terms of effectiveness. The problem is like I said that many compounds which have the same target as setipiprant (DP2 aka CRTH2 aka GPR44 receptor) have run clinical trials. If it would really provide cosmetic improvement in people it would show up in these clinical trials as a side effect. Now "maintenance" is perhaps harder to gauge and notice but "regrowth" or lets say (big) cosmetic improvement of hair? You'll notice it and so it would show up in these clinical trials as a side effect, no doubt.

Minoxidil has done this for instance as have other potassium channel openers like diazoxide and pinacidil. At the very least there would have been case reports of such an incidence.

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
Exactly! All current treatments were a side effect of another treatment. kythera is going after male pattern baldness. It wouldn't surprise me if they have other drugs mixed with their oral that are proprietary.

Jaym

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm really not sure what everyone wants from Seti. Did everyone take finasteride/dutasteride under the impression you will get your nw1 hairline back? No. Because it's for maintenance and prevention of further loss. The reason finasteride/dutasteride sucks for a lot of people is because it simply doesn't do thiswhilst having a large side effect profile for a drug you need to take for life.

I don't care about regrowth when talking about seti. If it's going to be a game changer it will be because younger guys in puberty can take it for life, with a much smaller side effect profile whilst not using phrases like "your hairline will probably continue to recede over time" and they can keep their NW1's. And people at Nw2/3/4 can go heavy in a hair transplant at this time (since there is nothing else for regrowth) and feel safe their scalp is in a normal pre balding condition. Surely that's the best case scenario you would be expecting with a PGD2 inhibitor?

No one knows if it can be that good but even if it meant no worries for 30 years if you had to take it in conjunction with finasteride or something theoretical like that. It would still be a game changer in terms of maintenance.

Jaym

Established Member
Reaction score
Have you been here at all in this last week?

Lol just ignore the rest of the post then. I meant nothing we have easily available right now. Of course I've been following Swiss and I've made it known how I think it's wrong he's been silenced here. And anyway it just goes back to the message of what I was saying before mate. Firstly he has made it a thing to reduce PGD2 so he can actually re balance the condition of his scalp and secondly with the newly grown hair, if you are going to go of the gospel truth of that blog (personally I do, hence being excited for seti or PGD2 treatments) will be able to survive because of the condition of the scalp. Everything he has done wouldn't have worked or worked as good if he wasn't tackling PGD2.

You're going to fit in well here.

wilson2

Established Member
Reaction score
I have asthma, I hope having asthma doesn't reduce seti projected hair loss function. For instance if someone who has horrible back pain takes morphine; it will reduce the pain. But if someone takes morphine without pain they will get high as hell. I hope if I took seti it wouldn't help my asthma and do nothing for hair loss haha.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have asthma, I hope having asthma doesn't reduce seti projected hair loss function. For instance if someone who has horrible back pain takes morphine; it will reduce the pain. But if someone takes morphine without pain they will get high as hell. I hope if I took seti it wouldn't help my asthma and do nothing for hair loss haha.

I don't see why it wouldn't help with both asthma and hairloss, if taken orally it will be systemically inhibiting PGD2 which is bad for hair and bad for asthma.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, it's been a while. Now that I've finally made my triumphant return I can finally get back to doing what everyone wants from anyone else here: contributions to the solution of baldness! So I'm really happy to finally add my 2 cents and share my knowledge wherever possible.

NOW, FOR THE BIG NEWS:
I've been on setipiprant for about 1-2 months. Watch out for a log thread from me in a few days or so! :)