Shampoo and hairloss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Cutsinger is God said:
I'll say it again. It is in my opinion that you people are all wrong. Shampoo is the cause of most hairloss... most of the general balding population are suffering from balding due to over use of shampoo.

LOL did he just say that?!!?!!??!?! LOL!

Cutsinger is God said:
If you morons ask for evidence one more time I swear I am going to leave.

Could you give me evidence for your claims please?

wookster

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This appears to be the hypothesis:

http://www.getitback.us/hypothesis.html

The balding process begins when a hair falls out and its exit point from the scalp is then scalded by shampoo acid before a new hair regrows. Acid burn or allergic reaction, or both, cause a slight inflammation
and swelling of tissue. This immediately impedes that hair's egress from the scalp by constriction of its pathway.

That is the first phase of balding: a slowing of growth by impedance.
Example: Hold a piece of string (hair) gently between your thumb and forefinger. Now, pull it through your fingers. Easy. Hair just as easily grows out through the same tunnel year after year as long as nothing blocks...or narrows...its tunnel. Now, pinch.the string (hair) and then pull it through your fingers. Not easy. The tiny tunnel is crushed; the opening is narrowed. Swelling of tissue around a tunnel opening....
caused by acid in soap or shampoo...is the same as pinching. The opening is narrowed and slows a hair's exit from the tunnel. That is impedance; a blocking or slowing.

As an impeded hair's growth repeatedly slows time after time, the second phase of balding eventually commences: capillary desuetude. It is induced by the impedance. Desuetude (des-wi-tüd), as used here, means
a gradual loss of function. Blood flow incrementally and permanently abates as follicular utilization of testosterone and protein decreases due to repetitive impedance. Stingy Nature lacks the mind-set of a Slot Machine devotee: patient input of resources in hope of a bountiful return.
Example: As explained above, when a tunnel opening is pinched shut even a little, a hair grows slower because its path is impeded. Slowed growth requires less food in the form of protein and testosterone so there are "leftovers". The body senses this and sends less and less food each time a tunnel opening is pinched. Eventually, a hair simply stops growing because too little food is being sent. When a hair stops growing,
the capillary (food pipeline) also stops functioning. It no longer has a purpose.

This Hypothesis was written in early 2001 before I owned or knew how to use a computer. At that time, supporting evidence quoted in the Introduction herein was already on the Internet. I found it in November 2003.

Diamond Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
flimflam said:
Diamond Dave said:
Here is a post about a 17 year old guy with Nizoral hair loss.
Yes...Nizoral the Shampoo. 8)
http://www.baldingblog.com/2006/04/20/i ... m-nizoral/

Nice try. Quote from the story:

but i was only supposed to use it 2-3 times per week and instead i used it every day.

Pouring 2% ketoconazole on your head everyday will likely make your *skin* peel off after a while.

That's right. He used it every day. So what's the problem flimflam???
You guys "think" shampoo is harmless. :wink:

Pondle

Reaction score
Diamond Dave said:
Pouring 2% ketoconazole on your head everyday will likely make your *skin* peel off after a while.

You guys "think" shampoo is harmless. :wink:

The point is ketoconazole is BENEFICIAL if applied rather less frequently than everyday! Following application ketoconazole persists at therapeutic concentrations for 7 days in the epidermal layers. YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO USE IT EVERYDAY.

Jeez... :roll:

The effects of chronic use of 1% ketoconazole or a 1% zinc pyrithione shampoo on the general health of hair and scalp.

Authors G. Piérard and G. Cauwenbergh

Institution Department of Dermatopathology, University of Liege, Belgium.

BACKGROUND:
March 04, 2001 - American Academy of Dermatology Meeting - Washington DC - Scientists working for McNeil, makers of Nizoral anti-dandruff shampoo, presented the findings of a study done on 1% Nizoral shampoo which has good news for hair loss sufferers.

It has long been known that 2% prescription Nizoral has beneficial effects on Androgenic Alopecia (male pattern baldness). It however has been unclear whether the same benefits can be obtained by using the non-prescription 1% version.
In the study presented (see below), one hundred male volunteers with mild to moderate dandruff and somewhat oily scalp, were using, in a double-blind fashion, either a 1% Nizoral shampoo or a 1% zinc pyrithione shampoo, 2-3 times a week for 6 months.

Analysis of the different parameters set up in the study shows that the hair diameter gradually increased with Nizoral use (+8.46%) over a 6 month period, whereas the diameter showed a trend to decrease with zinc pyrithione use over the same period (-2.28%).

The sebum excretion rate was reduced with Nizoral (-6.54%) while it increased with zinc pyrithione (+8.2%) over the same period of time. The number of hair shed over a 24-hour period was reduced by 16.46% with Nizoral and 6.02% with zinc pyrithione after 6 months.

Finally, the percentage hairs in anagen phase increased by 6.4% and 8.4% respectively during the study time. The results are similar to a previous study done on 2% prescription strength Nizoral where it was shown that use of 2% Nizoral yielded a 7% average increase in hair shaft diameter similar to what was achieved by the control group using 2% Minoxidil and a non-medicated shampoo.

So for any hair loss sufferer, this research clearly indicates that using 1% or 2% Nizoral 2-3 times per week, will have positive effects on hair growth as well as controlling dandruff.

It is still unclear at this time whether it's the anti-fungal properties or the anti-androgenic properties of Ketokonazole (active ingredient in Nizoral) thats responsible for the hair thickening effects, however because of the decrease in sebum rates as well, it is the authors opinion that the results are due to the anti-androgenic properties of Ketokonazole.

docj077

Reaction score
Diamond Dave said:
flimflam said:
Diamond Dave":8dc3a] Here is a post about a 17 year old guy with Nizoral hair loss. Yes...Nizoral the Shampoo. 8) [url="http://www.baldingblog.com/2006/04/20/is-my-hair-loss-from-nizoral/ said:
http://www.baldingblog.com/2006/04/20/i ... m-nizoral/[/url]

Nice try. Quote from the story:

but i was only supposed to use it 2-3 times per week and instead i used it every day.

You guys "think" shampoo is harmless. :wink:[/quote:8dc3a]

Notice how the doctor also said that the individual may be allergic to ketoconazole. That is the most significant statement in that entire blog. Many people are allergic to ketoconazole.

Diamond Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
[quote="docj077]Notice how the doctor also said that the individual may be allergic to ketoconazole. That is the most significant statement in that entire blog. Many people are allergic to ketoconazole.[/quote]

My point exactly doctorj. Thank you for pointing that out.

How could something as harmless as shampoo cause an allergic reaction???
This can't be!!! :shock:
It must be a typo!!! :shock:

You guys would just continue on using toxic Nizoral day after week after year and assume the hair loss you have is "genetic."

I make more sense than anybody else I know.

beaner

Reaction score
Diamond Dave said:

You're an idiot. Nizora is more than a shampoo as it contains an antifungal DRUG you moron. Of course some could have an allergic reaction.

G

These guys are flawed from the start... First of all they can't explain why people see gains using finasteride and Nizoral. If their theory is that people are losing hair due to shampooing, then why are people gaining hair using toxic nizoral and using finasteride to lower the amount of DHT in their bodies...........

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cutsinger is God said:
[quote="The Gardener":893b3][quote="Cutsinger is God":893b3]I am sorry to get upset but all you people are like a swarm of bees it's really annoying.

I don't think you understand the nature of this forum. This forum's "slant" is one that focuses on the science of hairloss. We discuss these issues all the time. I think you have had plenty of time to express your case, it's not like your postings are being deleted, we definitely encourage you to express your ideas... but in exchange on this forum in particular when ideas are presented, the posters like to ask questions, and your theory raises some very big questions.[/quote:893b3]

I know the posters like to ask questions but please remember this is not my theory, this is Lawrence Cutsinger's theory. I am just a follower of his teachings and have no scientific background that's why I tell people to go to GetItBack where hopefully Lawrence will answer the more technical questions you people might have.

Yes, this theory of Lawrence is the direct opposite of the so called scientific side of hairloss where they claim it's genetic but I truely believe Lawrence is right about this and will prove it when you see him on the Oprah Winfrey show within the next year. He said he plans on contacting them for an appearance so obviously the man has much much more hair than his latest July photos.[/quote:893b3]

Cutsingerspoodle isn't it true that Lawrence has already been turned down by the Oprah show?

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
global warming ,no he was not you are truely misinformed dumbass all this shampoo must've gone too your brain or something all we are trying to do is help

G

badasshairday said:
These guys are flawed from the start... First of all they can't explain why people see gains using finasteride and Nizoral. If their theory is that people are losing hair due to shampooing, then why are people gaining hair using toxic nizoral and using finasteride to lower the amount of DHT in their bodies...........

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
lol CIG ,check out this asshair guy ,he keeps bringing up the same stupid points youve answered to so many times allready
hey asshair the clock is ticking and the damage to your hair is hapenning
well see who well have the last laugh

docj077

Reaction score
beaner said:
Diamond Dave said:

Exactly, ketoconazole is a very potent anti-fungal that is known to have adverse reactions.

Ketoconazole may cause side effects. Tell your doctor if any of these symptoms are severe or do not go away:

changes in hair texture
blisters on scalp
dry skin
itching
oily or dry hair or scalp
irritation, itching, or stinging in the place where you applied the medication

Some side effects can be serious. The following symptoms are uncommon, but if you experience any of them, call your doctor immediately:

rash
hives
difficulty breathing or swallowing
redness, tenderness, swelling, pain, or warmth in the place where you applied the medication

Ketoconazole may cause other side effects. Call your doctor if you have any unusual problems while taking this medication.

That is why nizoral causes dermatitis in some men that use it.

G

roki said:
lol CIG ,check out this asshair guy ,he keeps bringing up the same stupid points youve answered to so many times allready
hey asshair the clock is ticking and the damage to your hair is hapenning
well see who well have the last laugh

I know huh roki, i'm a fool. I mean just look at these photos of progress after 10 years of grunging. He will be a Norwood for sure in a few months.

Ten years of grunging give you this!
http://millerarts.com/discuss/download.php?id=83
http://millerarts.com/discuss/viewtopic.php?p=11766

Now I am darn sure that by July Cutsinger will have full regrowth and be on Oprah because it seems after your tenth year of grunging your hair growth accelerated 10000%.

Status
Not open for further replies.