Shampoos

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
drinkrum said:
Just use T/Gel. It's been scientifically proven,

Proven how? not sure what you meant there.
T/gel every day is quite harsh for a lot of us and he's looking for something other than T/gel.

avri

Established Member
Reaction score
The only proven property associated with T/Gel is that its active ingredient causes cancer in animals and in workers at their workplaces.

avri

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
avri said:
The only proven property associated with T/Gel is that its active ingredient causes cancer in animals and in workers at their workplaces.
avri

Your talking doses that are thousands of times greater than what's in T/gel and that are injected in animals and inhaled by workers.
And too much of almost any vitamin can be extremely harmful too ;

- Too much vitamin A is cancerous. (15)

- Too much ß-carotene increases lung cancer risk in smokers. (16)

- Like vitamin K, vitamin C can be pro-oxidative and kill healthy cells. (17) Too much vitamin C decreases vitamin B12 level (18) and increases activation of mutagenic HCA from food. (19) Vitamin C can enhance tumors (20), and increases oxidative free iron level. (21)

- Too much vitamin D can cause arteriosclerosis and bone-deformation. (22)

- Excess vitamin E can cause bleeding in the brain (23) and impair immune system reactivity, which can cause cancer or arthritis. (24) Very often in skin cancer (and sometimes in breast cancer (25)), cells contain more vitamin E, unbalancing antioxidant status, increasing susceptibility to oxidative radicals. (26)

drinkrum

Reaction score
The main ingredient in T/Gel, coal tar, has been clinically proven to help dandruff sufferers -- search online and you should find something. Here's something to get you started:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/quer ... s=15249786

Merck decided to use T/Gel in their Propecia trials for a reason. They have access to a wealth of knowledge and I'm sure they didn't pick a shampoo out of the blue especially when spending millions on the trial.

D.

drinkrum

Reaction score
No kidding, BHD. Stop trying to trick people, avri.

Did you know that hydrogen hydroxide or dihydrogen monoxide:

- is also known as hydroxl acid, and is the major component of acid rain.
- contributes to the "greenhouse effect."
- may cause severe burns.
- contributes to the erosion of our natural landscape.
- accelerates corrosion and rusting of many metals.
- may cause electrical failures and decreased effectiveness of automobile brakes.
- has been found in excised tumors of terminal cancer patients.

Do you think we should ban it too avri?

D.

avri

Established Member
Reaction score
drinkrum said:
If there were several, much safer alternatives, absolutely. T/Gel has no proven properties that help combat hairloss. Coal tar is a proven carcinogen, in fact the first carcinogen ever discovered by science. It kills animals, it kills workers, and if you'd like to find out if it also kills people who wash their hair with it, go right ahead.

avri

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
Avri...you're certainly entitled to your opinion but your not looking at it objectively.....If you read my last post you can see that just about too much of anything can be potentially hazardous. We're talking such a small amount that it's not going to even come close to harming anyone.
What your doing is not helping. It would be like scramin to people "you're crazy for taking anything with vitamin A becuase it causes cancer". It's not just black and white like your making it out to sound.

implying that T/Gel kills people that use it is just NOT TRUE and completely ignorant.
As far as it having no properties to combat hairloss you're right. It's also not sold to do that and I don't think anyone ever said it did. It's sold to help dandruff sufferers. It may be indirectly relataed to helping hairloss sufferers though, since it promotes a healthy scalp.

drinkrum

Reaction score
avri said:
drinkrum said:
If there were several, much safer alternatives, absolutely. T/Gel has no proven properties that help combat hairloss. Coal tar is a proven carcinogen, in fact the first carcinogen ever discovered by science. It kills animals, it kills workers, and if you'd like to find out if it also kills people who wash their hair with it, go right ahead.

avri

Hydrogen hydroxide, a.k.a. dihydrogen monoxide, is a fancy name for water.

D.

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
avri[/quote]

D.[/quote]

I was wondering if I was the only nerd that caught that.

Vitamin C is deadly in suprisingly small quantities. Go ahead and throw the ban on that too.

avri

Established Member
Reaction score
drinkrum said:

D.
And that smart-alec metaphore is supposed to indicate that water poses the same degree of health risk as a proven cancinogen? I hope your next analogy won't involve water vs. cyanide.

avri

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
avri said:
drinkrum said:

D.
And that smart-alec metaphore is supposed to indicate that water poses the same degree of health risk as a proven cancinogen? I hope your next analogy won't involve water vs. cyanide.

avri

Easy, muscles.

He was just trying to prove a point.

Basically, the human body is all about balance. Too much of any substance will do harm.

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Try T/sal out.....ive used that before and it did the trick.....although its a type of acid so i guess we should ban it lol

drinkrum

Reaction score
I'm just making the point that everything in certain quantities, circumstances, etc. can be bad. Did you know that cancerous growths are largely made out of water?

Anyway, one just needs to exercise a certain level of rationality.

D.