SHP's Story, (8 month PIC UPDATE on Pg 1, flash pics pg 4

shp

Reaction score
Rapidly started loosing hair starting from the end of 2007. Accelerated very quickly in early 2008. Was in denial for a while but when comments started to fly from friends and family, had to do something about it. Started Proscar (quartered) on Nov 1st 2008, added Minoxidil 5% at the end of Nov (only 1 application at bedtime only). After about three weeks lost a lot more hair, but I'm told this is a normal shedding cycle after going on Proscar.

It is progressing to my expectations, hope I really start seeing even more of a difference in the months ahead. I'll post a picture every month or so from now on. Please let me know your thoughts/ suggestions on the perceived progress, or the lack there of!

*6 months update* still making good progress, noticed some shedding all of last week but hasn't impacted anything yet. I'll post the previous months pics to show the progression, but the polarizing picture from beginning to most current has a bit more 'wow factor.' A few days shy of 6 months but wanted to get it out of the way a week early. Tell me your thoughts! Pictures are in the same place without flash with the same lighting and roughly the same hair length for the sake of consistency.

Attachments

• DSC_0078.JPG
    DSC_0078.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 219
  • DSC_0494.JPG
    DSC_0494.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 217
  • DSC_0077.JPG
    DSC_0077.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 181
  • DSC_0495.JPG
    DSC_0495.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 185

YouKnow

Reaction score
Re: SHP's story, 3 month pic update

NICE!!!!!!!!! You are responding well. Keep up the good work and dont get worried when you go through a shed.

shp

Reaction score

Thanks YouKnow! I'm going to do some browsing here to see if I'm an average responder right now or if I am above or below.

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score

it looks like your responding well

lets see what it looks like in another 3 months

are you currently using nizoral as well?

I'd put that in the mix if I were you

shp

Reaction score

BodyDysmorphic said:
it looks like your responding well

lets see what it looks like in another 3 months

are you currently using nizoral as well?

I'd put that in the mix if I were you

Nope, not using nizoral but I will definitely be taking your advise and get on it. Currently using H&S everyday and the consensus here seems to be it isn't a good thing.

Petchsky

Reaction score

H+S shoulders is fine imo, some people just don't tolerate the Zinc well, makes their hair frizzy. Definitely get on the nizoral and leave it on the scalp for five mins, use 2/3times a week, may want to use a conditioner afterwards.

3 months pics look very encouraging :)

shp

Reaction score

Petchsky, thanks for the comments and the additional suggestion for nizoral. I just used it for the first time this morning, and will do so 3 times a week. Hair feels better with this shampoo vs H&S.

shp

Reaction score

One thing I have noticed form my regime is a lot more frontal hair, I have more hair to gel up! Filling in very nicely I must say!

shp

Reaction score
Re: SHP's Story, (3 month PIC UPDATE!!)

I'll have to jump the gun and post 3 months and 20 days pics since I've had significant regrowth since the pics 3 weeks ago! I am so pleased with the results thus far.

Will post additional pics later tonight.

shp

Reaction score

here is an update in 20 days, really really filled in nicely in the front, in most lighting I no longer see my scalp in the front! Back is still filling in though. Only thing I've added in the last two weeks is Nizoral, over the minoxidil and Proscar quartered per the recommendations of the good folks here.

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score

classic diffuse balding. I always wonder seeing thIs why it differs to male pattern baldness..

anyhows i think your frindge is a bit thicker.. but you have a way to go yet. Personally i was you i would ditch the hairgel and buzz it man.

shp

Reaction score

iwantperfection said:
classic diffuse balding. I always wonder seeing thIs why it differs to male pattern baldness..

anyhows i think your frindge is a bit thicker.. but you have a way to go yet. Personally i was you i would ditch the hairgel and buzz it man.

Yes, if I want perfection, definitely a ways to go LOL! I tried a buzz earlier last year and with the shape of my head was not flattering at all and actually looked even more balding. Since the fronts are now filling in much better than other parts of my head, I need to keep it a bit longer to cover up.

shp

Reaction score
Re: SHP's Story, (4 month PIC UPDATE!!)

after four months, still filling in nice, see original posts as I have updated with the four month mark pics, and no shedding so far. Let me know your thoughts guys. I kept the picture and lighting angles the same and without flash.

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score

result! Starting to look like a case of mj9 the second. keep it up bro.

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Nice SHP!

Do not change a thing! Keep up those treatments. I have a feeling you will be very happy at the 12 month mark. Congrats! Keep updating with pics for us to see too.

shp

Reaction score

thanks for the comments guys. The only thing I've changed for the last month has been minoxidil has been reduced to an overnight application only instead of twice a day. Just too messy and greasy to have it on at work, plus if I sweat even a tiny bit, it makes my forehead really shiney. Doesn't seem to have any negative effects in doing so though.

Flavio

Established Member
Reaction score

shp said:
[...] *4 months update* still making good progress, haven't noticed any sheds yet.

Amazing results, congratulations.

My regimen is exactly the same as yours (finasteride + minoxidil 5%) and I never had any 'big shed'.

By the way, how old are you? Did you experience any side effects?

shp

Reaction score

iwantperfection said:
result! Starting to look like a case of mj9 the second. keep it up bro.

LOL thanks. I really hope at the 6 to 8 month mark I won't be able to see my scalp at all, judging by the results I've had thus far I'm hoping that isn't a far fetched notion!

shp

Reaction score

Flavio said:
shp said:
[...] *4 months update* still making good progress, haven't noticed any sheds yet.

Amazing results, congratulations.

My regimen is exactly the same as yours (finasteride + minoxidil 5%) and I never had any 'big shed'.

By the way, how old are you? Did you experience any side effects?

thanks for the compliments.

I'm 31, only minor side effects that are pretty much gone (faster heart rate) slight brain fog, urinating took longer. But all these sides are pretty much a non issue so far in the 4th month.

Also since I have diffuse hair loss (and my baseline looks exactly the same as another member here (mj9) I guess we are prone to see better results than typical male pattern baldness. Also, my hair had been receding for the last 10 years, but the diffuse hairloss started rapidly in the last 1.5 years.

So far I've noticed people staring at my head but no one has DIRECTLY said anything yet. I've pointed out to family my hair's making a comeback and I get "oh yeah, wow I can't see your head anymore and its pretty much covered! " Just waiting for that first comment that is not coaxed by me for a response and I'll post that occurance when it does!

Fifth months pics coming in about 3 weeks. I'll just replace the forth months pics and then at the 6th month mark I"ll post the montly progress.