SHP's Story, (8 month PIC UPDATE on Pg 1, flash pics pg 4

Obsidian

Reaction score
Re: SHP's Story, (5 month PIC UPDATE!!)

Woah talk about regrowth, I guess since you almost lost it all that quickly you are gaining it back just as quick.

HairDont

Established Member
Reaction score

Your results are very impressive. That fact that your are getting growth in the front is an added bonus that many others dont.

Just make sure and don't over do the Nizoral. It can be harsh on thinner hair.

fluffy123

Established Member
Reaction score

Good work my friend :)

I take it you're on the minoxidil liquid then? how've you found that reducing it to once per day?

shp

Reaction score

Obsidian said:
Woah talk about regrowth, I guess since you almost lost it all that quickly you are gaining it back just as quick.

thanks I think i'm getting it back because I got in at the right time, in the midst of super accelerated hairloss.

shp

Reaction score

HairDont said:
Your results are very impressive. That fact that your are getting growth in the front is an added bonus that many others dont.

Just make sure and don't over do the Nizoral. It can be harsh on thinner hair.

this was a total surprise in the front, I had thought my bald spot would be the only thing that I could hope for to fill up. Pleasantly surprised. From the front i can now see a hair line which I haven't seen in a few years.

shp

Reaction score

fluffy123 said:
Good work my friend :)

I take it you're on the minoxidil liquid then? how've you found that reducing it to once per day?

Yup, on the minoxidil liquid. Some nights I'll put this on at about 6:00 PM and then again at 11:00 PM before bed. But most nights its just the 11:00 PM application that stays on all night and gets washed off at 8:00 AM.

I might just buy the minoxidil foam as I do think I've had a slight slow down on new growth, but don't know this to be 100% true though. FOr sure I haven't had a negative effect to going to one dose though.

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score

twice a day application of min is essential for optimum results.....

i like to use the foam during the day because it doesn't make your hair look greasy for like 4 hours

i still use the liquid at night so i can use a little more of it and cover my whole top of head

i would suggest to use the foam during the day and liquid at night to save some $$$$$$

i think you are having great progress and i am very excited to see where things end up!

pfatehi

Reaction score

this is a great thread. shp, congrats on your results!

what's the difference between diffuse thinning and male pattern baldness?

when i googled it, diffuse alopecia is caused by non-hereditary factors, such as trauma, stress, chemicals, etc.

but when you guys mention it, you're talking about diffused that IS hereditary. id appreciate it if you can clarify this for me as i'm new on this board.

thanks!

shp

Reaction score

BodyDysmorphic said:
twice a day application of min is essential for optimum results.....

i like to use the foam during the day because it doesn't make your hair look greasy for like 4 hours

i still use the liquid at night so i can use a little more of it and cover my whole top of head

i would suggest to use the foam during the day and liquid at night to save some $$$$$$

i think you are having great progress and i am very excited to see where things end up!

Thanks for the tip sir, I just ordered rogaine foam and will be putting that on during the days.

shp

Reaction score

pfatehi said:
this is a great thread. shp, congrats on your results!

what's the difference between diffuse thinning and male pattern baldness?

when i googled it, diffuse alopecia is caused by non-hereditary factors, such as trauma, stress, chemicals, etc.

but when you guys mention it, you're talking about diffused that IS hereditary. id appreciate it if you can clarify this for me as i'm new on this board.

thanks!

My hair loss is definitely hereditary, but with the stress I had last year it was accelerated further, not sure if stress is an explicit cause but it must be. Also, my loss was all over the head when it got rapid, coupled with the typical male pattern baldness with the frontal recession. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable that reads this can answer?

shp

Reaction score

jimmer23 said:
Great results! Would be good to post all of the pics so we can see the progression from 0 to 2mos then to 5mos.

Thanks! next month when I hit the 6 month mark I'll post the monthly progression vs the polarizing one now!

hiimnotcool

Reaction score

wow thats some amazing regrowth. you must be ecstatic! has any of your co-workers or friends noticed the difference??

great idea on getting the foam and nizoral. many people discount the importance of the nizoral cause its a shampoo but i think its pretty essential. its not called The Big 3 for nothin! :) Good luck with much more growth my friend.

shp

Reaction score

hiimnotcool said:
wow thats some amazing regrowth. you must be ecstatic! has any of your co-workers or friends noticed the difference??

great idea on getting the foam and nizoral. many people discount the importance of the nizoral cause its a shampoo but i think its pretty essential. its not called The Big 3 for nothin! :) Good luck with much more growth my friend.

To be honest, no one has explicitly all on their own said something. I do get stares and I guess people don't want to be rude. But when I invite the topic as a discussion than I get a lot of comments (Hey does my hair look any different?).

I am very happy. Just added Rogaine foam 5% so hopefully now that minoxidil will be on twice a day, I hope to see better results in the months ahead.

shp

Reaction score
Re: SHP's Story, (6 month PIC UPDATE!!)

6 month pics posted up in the OT. I am pretty darn happy thus far, still some ways to go but even if I were to maintain all that I have gained back I couldn't be happier. Let me know what you guys think!

shp

Reaction score
Re: SHP's Story, (8 month PIC UPDATE!!)

At the start of the 3rd month on my regime I started taking photos with flash. Wish I started at baseline but these will have to do. Second pic in each set is at 8 months.

Attachments

• DSC_0074.JPG
    DSC_0074.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 153
  • DSC_0503.JPG
    DSC_0503.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 150
  • DSC_0075.JPG
    DSC_0075.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 161
  • DSC_0504.JPG
    DSC_0504.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 156

Petchsky

Reaction score
More hair, and much darker, definite improvement! :)

shp

Reaction score
THANKS guys, can't wait to see if I"ll continue to see regrowth or if it starts tappering off.

shp

Reaction score
I've made changes to my regime around minoxidil. I've noticed that each day that I've put on the Rogaine Foam right after my AM shower, I've been super tired (even after a full nights rest) for most of the day. I now only put on the foam after I come home from work, and then four hours later or before bed, I put on the liquid minoxidil. I know for max benefit one ought to apply 12 hours apart. I'd rather keep my energy level to the max though. We'll see if this has any effects. My heart no longer races during the day (at least not as much as it did in the past anyway).