SimpsonKnight's story

Going2beBald?

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not a doctor but did you search information about blood in semen. As far as I found it doesn't seem to be a fatal thing and if it's not continuous it's OK.

I referred a couple of medical sites and the most common answer was "If it's not a infection it doesn't need an antibiotic and it should come and go by itself. If it keeps coming again and again you should see a doctor and they will do you a couple of test to rule out basic things." In every case blood in semen seems to be from prostate and there isn't always even a goof reason for the blood.

Hope this will give you a peace of mind at least :)

SimpsonKnight

Reaction score
Ben said:
I hate to say it but propecia is the only medication realy worth taking that is proven to work on the cause of baldness. Minoxidil may work but it does not tackle the cause of the problem. If you stop taking propecia there is an high chance that you will continue to bald.

I know but I dunno, I dont wanna risk the side effects getting even worse.

Nice avatar btw! :p

Going2beBald? said:
I'm not a doctor but did you search information about blood in semen. As far as I found it doesn't seem to be a fatal thing and if it's not continuous it's OK.

I referred a couple of medical sites and the most common answer was "If it's not a infection it doesn't need an antibiotic and it should come and go by itself. If it keeps coming again and again you should see a doctor and they will do you a couple of test to rule out basic things." In every case blood in semen seems to be from prostate and there isn't always even a goof reason for the blood.

Hope this will give you a peace of mind at least :)

Thanks very much for telling me that because that did make me feel a bit better. :] I dont plan on pursuing another sexual encounter for a while, gotta give time for the Propecia side effects to wear off, but ya, hopefully the blood thing isn't a big deal. I was more concerned about the pain anyways.

One question though. From what I understand Propecia can have negative effects on your prostate. Since there was some blood should I be concerned about my prostate now?

Going2beBald?

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm just guessing but I would say you don't need to be worrying. As we know ( according to the label) propecia with 5mg dose will reduce the size of the prostate by 20% within first six months. I'm just assuming that the pain is caused by the changes in prostate but I can't say for sure of course.