Skelll's Story

skelll

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, im new to this forum as I just joined today so Im still learning. Anyway Im 26 yrs old and have noticed some slight hair loss over the past year so I thought I better be proactive about it. I still have a healthy head of hair, but have noticed slight recession and thinning in the hairline and temple region. Heres what I am currently taking and I have a few questions also:

I am taking Propecia 1 mg per day, been on it for a little over a month so I am yet to see any progress. I have been applying the Rogaine 5% topical solution to the crown of my head two times a day, been doing so for past month and a half. I hear that the foam works better but I had a hard time getting it directly applied to the scalp with foam as most would just get caught in the hair. The solution has the dropper so I can get it more directly to the scalp. But I do use the foam 5% on the frontal region in the temple areas and the corners where my hairline slightly recedes two times a day. So I use both forms of Rogaine, but both are used in completely different regions so I hope that is not a problem.

I use Nizoral 1% about three times a week. Then on the other days I use Nioxin cleanser and scalp therapy conditioner on the days I do not use the Nizoral. As I mentioned I just started using these hair loss treatments and am yet to see results, but I am hopeful as I've heard Propecia and Rogaine work well in conjunction, and my goal is really just to maintain what I have and if I gain more GREAT!!

Is it safe to use Rogaine foam in temple area and on frontal hairline or will it likely have an adverse affect where the hair in front will fall out? It says on box to use only on the crown. Also what is the big 3 treatment??

Thanks, and I look forward to this forum! I will post some pics once I learn more how this site works

skelll

Established Member
Reaction score
Alright here are some photos of my hairline before using the big 3 treatment. I hope I posted them correctly as I am not very computer literate. I will post more monthly if I did this correct.

skelll

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes I know in those pictures that my hair looks pretty good, but as you can see it is starting to slightly recede and I wanna prevent that from happening. I take Propecia and apply Rogaine foam along the hairline twice a day. Believe me hairline is worse those are just good misleading angles. I think the foam which I have been applying on the hairline has actually made it slightly worse, I have been applying it there for 2 wks. Im gonna keep applying it as I hear that is part of the process. I will post an update when it has been a month.

skelll

Established Member
Reaction score
I found some more pictures that are from this summer which are also from before I started treatment of the big 3. One of my crown, the other of the hairline.

KDL84

Reaction score
I imagine posts like this make the majority of the folks in the forum sick to their stomach. Your hair is completely fine.

skelll

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Skelll's Story (4 month update on Big 3, page 3) HELP!

Those pictures are misleading, because those are the only ones that I have, I did go see the dermatolist and he ran a computer thingy through my head, he said yes you are beginning to thin, He gave me propecia and said Rogaine works too, would work great in conjunction. It has receded, my hairline use to be alot lower, its gone back about an inch. I will post more pictures and you will see.

Reaction score
Can you guys please comment on my thread, FischerSnapper's story?

And yes, this guy has absolutely no hair loss to speak of.

skelll

Established Member
Reaction score
Im sorry that my early stage of hairloss bothers u guys. I always here people on this site say things like "I wish I would of started treatment when I fist began to notice any loss" or "I wish I would have done something sooner." Well thats what I did, yes I have been blessed with good hair, low hairline. Anyway I posted two new pics one of the crown and of the hairline. I can see the scalp in the crown pic. Plus as I mentioned my hairline use to be straight now it is not, it goes backward. There use to be hair in that region now there is not, in my opinion that is hairloss. Yes I do have OCD.

Attachments

• IMG01576-20100910-1945.jpg
    IMG01576-20100910-1945.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 200

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
my hairline is kind of like yours right now skell, it's technically "lower" but its obviously thinning back. in fact i lost a lot of that hair its kind of obnoxious, but I have started finasteride and it has begun growing back at 4 months now

Hoping for more.

skelll

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah well good luck with the finasteride it sounds like its working then. I began taking it almost 2 month ago so I am yet to see results or a shed phase. I apply rogaine too but am yet to see results. Yeah my hairline is starting to go back slightly as the picture shows and everyone says im crazy, "no recession at all" they say.

skelll

Established Member
Reaction score
No this one was dated from 8-20-10, I didnt start applying the rogaine in that region until 2 wks ago. The earlier hairline pic was from June, it just looks better because of the angle and I'm not pulling my hair as far back as I am on the more recent pic. I havent taken any new pics yet since starting treatment because I wanna wait at least 3 months to see if I see any progress. I appreciate your feedback, thanks!

MrBastard

Experienced Member
Reaction score
With that good hair drop the minoxidil before its too late... Just go with nizoral and finasteride. If you continue you make your hair need minoxidil and then when you finally get bored of applying it daily you will lose the hair who grew from minoxidil and probably whould have come with finasteride anyway.

nizoral and finasteride on the other hand if really simple to do year after year.

skelll

Established Member
Reaction score
I am having some issues, now before you guys start busting my balls and getting all pissed because my hairloss is not as severe as yours. I have been on the Big 3 for almost a month, and I have been putting Rogaine foam on my hairline for about a month and I am really worried because my hairline seem to have receded, I can tell this because I have a couple hairs just slightly below the hairline, they are left over from where my hairline use to be. Anyway I know it has gone back even more recently because there are a couple new hairs out in the open that use to blend in with the hairline, I know those are not regrown hairs because they are long.

I posted some pics that I took today, you can see that my hair is getting pretty thin in the front. I am told this is normal and that it will grow back stronger. My hairs in the front are very short and fine now, almost look dead. Do you folks think I should keep applying Rogaine in that frontal area?? As I said I have only been on the big 3 for a month, this website tells me that if its thinning thats a good sign, just means its working.

Comments please!!

MrBastard

Experienced Member
Reaction score
They shedded from your minoxidil and will regrow later. You made those hairs minoxidil dependant now so if you ever get fed up with applying minoxidil those hairs will fall off again once you stop minoxidil for some months.
I still suggest you to stop minoxidil completely and just do finasteride and nizoral as it is alot easier to do and your hairs dont need minoxidil yet. The shedded hairs will come back even if you stop it now

skelll

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah I know, but I am not gonna stop using it. I use to have a perfect hairline 2 years ago and I want it back or at least part of what it was and I am sure finasteride and Nizoral wont do that. According to this site, I can regrow hair on my hairline esp in the very early stages so I am gonna ride it out as it is part of the process and technically I have nothing to worry about. I appreciate your comments.

I will update in 2 months or sooner if it get real bad, which I am sure it will.

skelll

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been on the Big 3 regimen for approximately 3 months now. I started it mostly because I use to have super thick hair and it has been thinning for past 2 years. Also my hairline has been beginning to thin/slighltly recede. People get pissed off because its not bad yet. But I would know before they would, hair in front hairline are very short, dont grow at rate like rest of my hair so thats a sign of male pattern baldness. I apply Rogaine Foam to that region but have not seen any results.

I heard its smart to do something about male pattern baldness when first noticed rather than wait forever, at least thats what I heard but maybe thats just crazy talk. Any just under alot of stress finals this week, not sleeping well at night.

Where would u guys rank me on the Norwood scale? You can see I am developing early signs of male pattern baldness as those corners use to be round, I would rank me a 1.5.

Attachments

• kkjkj.jpg
    kkjkj.jpg
    661.7 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG01965-20101201-0745.jpg
    IMG01965-20101201-0745.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 198

skelll

Established Member
Reaction score
I wish I had a better camera, so could zoom in on hairs at very front to show how they getting very thin and very weak. The outline of that photo does not look real bad, its just the thinning in the front that I am worried about.