Skyghosts Story - (23)

skyghost

Reaction score
Michael84 said:
skyghost said:
abovedagame said:
what type of vitamins?

i take a basic multivitamin, biotin, zinc, and vitamin d supplements as well.

you can find these at any grocery store/pharmacy.

Hey man! It's a really nice beard. You look charismatic :) And your hairloss is similar to mine. I have temples too and took biotin and some other vitamins for several months. I have regrowth now even without meds but it has not a very satisfying extent.
By the way, do you have any thinning on top?
Anyway, keep fighting. Good luck!

thanks man, i can grow a pretty thick beard which i usually do every winter. :punk: im a hairy beast! LOL!

unfortunately i do have some thinning on top, but nothing too drastic.

im hoping that things will improve. like i said im going to stick to my regimen for a full year, no changes whatsoever and then go from there. i would recommend you try it out as well!

skyghost

Reaction score
just a quick little update for you guys.

i have recently decided to add tretinoin (retin-a) gel to my topical treatments.

i have had a perscription for tretinoin 0.01% for about 5 years (for acne) and it worked wonders for my skin.

these temples are incredibly stubborn and im looking to boost regrowth so i figured it couldnt hurt to try to help with minoxidil absorption.

i apply a thin layer out of the shower to semi damp hair, wait 10-15 minutes, then apply minoxidil. i only apply it once at night.

ill keep you guys updated on what happens, anybody else try tretinoin with success? :dunno: let me know!

skyghost

Reaction score
updated for you guys!

regimen changed a bit since last post, and got a summer haircut.

Rogaine foam (1ml in the morning)
liquid minoxidil (1.5ml in the evenings)
1.25mg finasteride
Nizoral 3 times a week

been on minoxidil for about 10 months now, thinking about upping it to 2-3ml in the evenings, since i havent really seen any significant regrowth from it, even being on finasteride for about 6 months hasnt seemed to yield anything yet.

so what should i do? im starting to get a little restless with this. should i just keep pushing forward? maybe i wont see noticable results for a while to come?

anybody have any advice for me?

pictures below:vvvvvvvv

Attachments

• lefttemp.jpg
    lefttemp.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 232
  • righttemple.jpg
    righttemple.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 221
  • topcrown.jpg
    topcrown.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 241
  • toplefttemple.jpg
    toplefttemple.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 206
  • toprighttemple.jpg
    toprighttemple.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 209
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 224

dboy

Reaction score
I think you ought to go for the shaved look and keep the beard (trimmed)....Forget all the treatments....I read some guy had used 15% minoxidil and he had great growth within 3 months....So you can try that if you want

Rawtashk

Reaction score
minoxidil won't stop the DHT from giving your hair follicles dry prison rape. That's what the finasteride is for.

vinicio13

Reaction score
Hey, man. I think you need to evaluate what it is that you want the results to be. Are you shedding or still receding? Personally I think your "summer haircut" looks good. If you want to regrow, stick to your one-year plan that you had from the beginning. If you just want to maintain, keep taking the finasteride. I'm afraid that if you drop the finasteride, your hairline might start receding again.

skyghost

Reaction score
hey guys, quick update, sorry in advance for no pics. ill explain.

well, its coming up on a year of minoxidil usage and from what I can tell, its just not doing anything for me in terms of the regrowth im looking for :shakehead: , so ive decided to stop it for a while to save a little bit of money, and then go from there, whether or not i take another shot at it remains to be seen, however this time, i think im going to go see a derm first for advice. i might look into CB or RU in the future for treatments as topicals.

still on finasteride, coming up on 8 months now (roughly) no sides at all. going to continue with it.

hair has not changed a bit since the last photo update, still have it the same length.

so i guess we will wait and see if i get a boost in improvement in the coming months, ive read a couple threads on here by guys who have responded postively to finasteride later on down the line 10-12 months on, so im hoping this is the case.

overall im good with the hair ive got and it dosent get to me too much, i have way to many other things to think about at the moment.

ill keep updating every so often. any advice is still welcome and much appreciated.

skyghost

Reaction score
hey guys, been a while since ive been back here, but i come bearing some updates for you.

well its a little over 2 years on and im still going with treatments, but the last year has been a wild ride with its ups and downs. ill keep it short and sweet for you.

I stopped using minoxidil for a bit in the fall of 2011 (between october 11 and january 12) and shaved my head. i got sick of using it and thought the hassle wasnt worth it, so i just shaved it all off. i dont have any pictures documenting this time because i just stopped caring and didnt notice any shedding (head was shaved after all). after some consideration i started back on minoxidil again in late january. the following pictures are from may of 2012 after about 3 1/2 months on back on minoxidil,

May 2012:

may4.jpgmay3.jpgmay6.jpgmay2.jpgmay1.jpg

a lot started happening around the beginning of summer. i moved out of state for an awesome job opportunity, and unfortunately the move depleted pretty much all of my finances. around the end of july i had maxed out my supply of minoxidil and couldnt afford to buy more, so i just thought id be good continuing on finasteride, boy was i wrong, by the end of august i went through a mega shed and lost a ton of density, it was pretty horrific.

August 2012:

aug3.jpgaug4.jpgaug2.jpg

as you can see, i lost a ton of density. i freaked out and bought minoxidil again, and have stayed on it since, which will be the next post....

skyghost

Reaction score
December 2012:

dec3.jpgdec4.jpgdec2.jpgdec1.jpg

after about 3 months of getting back on a regular minoxidil regimen i think ive regained most of what i shed back, which im happy about. i will never quit minoxidil again, after the shed i went through it wasnt worth it :(.

i apply 1ml in the mornings and about 3 ml in the evenings. sometimes ill use foam if im in a hurry and need something that dries quicker, but most of the time i use liquid minoxidil (generic kirkland brand)

my regimen has remained relatively the same since started 2 years ago, i use: Minoxidil twice a day (1ml in the mornings, 3ml at night), 1.25mg of generic finasteride every night, and nizoral at least twice a week. ive suffered no side effects to speak of.

so all in all, although im still battling i would say im happy to have maintained this much this far. i feel like if i hadnt started treatments i wouldve been alot worse than i am now.

ive come to grips with the fact that my hairline looks weird, and that theres not a lot that can be done for it outside of a transplant, so in a few years ill probably be getting my hairline fixed with surgery, but for the most part im grateful to have maintained what i have.

my advice to you dudes would be to just keep going strong. i always try and keep a positive outlook on all of this and it has really helped me get through some tough times, and while i still get down about my hair loss, i always try and remain grateful for what i have. some people arent as fortunate and have lost it all in their mid 20's.

if you dudes have any questions please feel free to ask. ill try to be more active on these boards!