So much for seeing a dermatologist

tiredofloss

Established Member
Reaction score
after patiently waiting i finally had my dermatologist appointment this afternoon

not a lot of good it did. after looking through my hair he basically said its probably genes and you can go try rogaine on your own. now i had a regular doctors visit in june because i had a skin infection on my arm that i had to get treated with antibiotics and cream. at that time, the doctor i saw brought the same dermatologist in to look at it and at that time he said my hairloss was alopecia areata. i quizzed him more about it and told him during this year its been extremely rapid.

bloodwork ive had several tests done.....my liver levels are wrong or something. could be dietary supplements i took for my hair(biotin, saw palmetto, multivitamin). they tried to get me to do an HIV test..........are you serious? brought out the form and everything for me to sign. i am a virgin, never done anything sexual and dont plan on it til marriage.....i point blank told him this and said i refuse. i would never want to have one of those in my life either, ive heard what they do and nooooooo wayyyyyyyy

he looked at my skin and said that it was red because its acne. no. this doesnt make sense. my skin isnt perfect and i get breakouts sometimes but it is not that bad as far as acne, the main thing i have are scars and little bumps from treating it in the past. my face is BRIGHT RED all over, that IS NOT ACNE. its completely discolored skin from a skin condition. ive used tons of different stuff for acne and redness, at drug stores and stuff i was given by the doctors and it hasnt done anything.

im paying 100 something month for a crappy health plan HMO and have to pay 45 bucks just for a visit to the dermatologist and 25 for a doctors visit. i cant afford this and i keep having to back over and over again. ive had several visits already this yr and NOTHING has changed in my health. not to mention i had to pay almost $100 for perscriptions for some creams and acne medication that hasnt changed my skin or anything one bit. the dermatologist today just prescribed me a different kind of acne thing.

im tired of going to the doctor and ive given up on them. they just ask you, prescribe some expensive drugs that dont work, and you have to go back again. last yr i was seen by a horrible doctor who didnt even listen to anything i said and thought i was mad when i told her i could have a parasitic infection or autoimmune disease.

last thing.....i have a dumbass family. go ahead and start your ned flanders comments about how you should love your family, they are senile. i pulled my hair back in front of my parents and the same "theres nothing wrong with your hair". apparently my dad says its "normal" and "everyones hair is like that" when my temples basically go back to the start of the back of my head and my hairline has receeded about an inch in a year. not to mention the thinning on top where theres line that you can see my scalp, sectioning the hair off where it just goes in one patch. combing or any slight force to the head and hair falls out. my mother actually blames me for everything and says its my fault. she thinks that the supplements i took made me lose my hair and have other health problems even though they existed before i even took any supplements to begin with.

i will put up pics later on so you can see for yourself

bubka

Reaction score
tiredofloss said:
they tried to get me to do an HIV test..........are you serious? brought out the form and everything for me to sign. i am a virgin, never done anything sexual and dont plan on it til marriage.....i point blank told him this and said i refuse. i would never want to have one of those in my life either, ive heard what they do and nooooooo wayyyyyyyy
Where did you get your sexual education from, Florida public schools? An HIV test is done with simple blood drawn, much like your liver tests. Sexual activity is not the only way to get HIV, and not to bash Florida again, but many of the students think that vaginal intercourse is "sex."

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/local ... 510589d942

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
bubka said:
tiredofloss said:
they tried to get me to do an HIV test..........are you serious? brought out the form and everything for me to sign. i am a virgin, never done anything sexual and dont plan on it til marriage.....i point blank told him this and said i refuse. i would never want to have one of those in my life either, ive heard what they do and nooooooo wayyyyyyyy
Where did you get your sexual education from, Florida public schools? An HIV test is done with simple blood drawn, much like your liver tests. Sexual activity is not the only way to get HIV, and not to bash Florida again, but many of the students think that vaginal intercourse is "sex."

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/local ... 510589d942

Vaginal intercourse isn't sex??

tiredofloss

Established Member
Reaction score
i would have to think so.......but i shouldnt have even brought it up cuz this is about my hairloss. i know you can get HIV other ways

anyways.........i dont know how its possible for me to go from a NW1 to a NW3-4 in the span of a few months. i wouldnt think regular male pattern baldness would be more gradual and not this aggressive. the slightest force on my scalp pulls it out. the dermatologist said one thing before and then another the next. i guess its time for me to order finasteride/rogaine foam and waste money on that in addition to these prescriptions. just seems weird my health would go bad at the same time i started noticing hair loss.

doctors dont seem to know whats wrong with me.......they arent very good. looks like im on my own :(