So very sick and tired..

Avery

Established Member
Reaction score
Accursed M shaped hairline? Do you know what I would give to have that hairline back? You don't know what bad is, alright. You have no clue what it is like to suffer from REAL hairloss at all and your thread is an insult to anyone who has. You have no right to come on here and complain with hair like that f*ck face. Either your an a**hole, delusional or a delusional a**hole, geez.

Translation: "No one can complain about hair loss unless it's as bad as mine. I am the standard for being treated unfairly by the universe. I am better than you because I have suffered more."

Seriously, get over yourself. You can always say "it could be worse" to anything, but that doesn't mean a person can't be upset about their situation. He does, in fact, have a right to complain. Are you saying that you didn't give a thought to your own hair loss until you were a norwood5/6 (or wherever you're at)? If so, I call bullshit.

rage_and_despair

Reaction score
HairDont said:
Sorry to say this but your Avatar looks like the AFTER pic of a very successful hair transplant.
You have nothing to worry about.
Read a few books regarding BDD (Body Dysmorphic Disorder)
That is more likely to be the culprit of your depression instead of hairloss.

thanks, will do :)

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
If we were standing toe to toe then you would see what I'm dealing with and probably feel a sense of appreciation for your own situation. I don't know you as a person but I'm guessing you might even cringe or laugh at the site of me in which case I would have everything I need to go off on you. Your 30 years old with no visable signs of hairloss. I'm sorry but as far as hair goes, your situation does not require sympathy and infact I am envious and enraged that you are so upset about your privileged situation. Considering how unsatisfied you are being an nw1, I wonder how sick and tired you would be in my shoes. :whistle:

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I concur wholeheartedly and apologize for my brash response. With your facial deformity, I'm sure we have experienced similar uncomfortable social situations and for that I certainly empathize. No harm done R&D. :)

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
rage_and_despair said:
dude, everything is relative. relative to many guys i know, I have a receding hairline. Relative to you, I may not. A person who can't see or hear or walk or talk or go to the toiled unaided experiences real daily hardships that I couldn't even imagine.
Of course I wouldn't cringe or laugh at the sight of you. My problem is self-loathing, and perhaps yours is too. Maybe I _was_ looking for sympathy, and I think i found plenty on this forum.
I'm not angry at you and I don't think you're really angry at me. I think we're both mad at the way western society makes us feel for not looking a certain way; for naturally inheriting a genetic trait which is ostensibly beyond our control. Believe it or not, I do have some inkling into how you feel. I have a (non-hairloss-related) facial deformity which never fails to grab people's attention. I don't mind being a forum punching bag if it helps somebody out, many people have helped me out in the past and that's definitely why I'm still here today. all the best mate.

Rage&despair, don't even waste your time explaining to some of these guys the reasons why you have come to vent. You have the right to seek help even if some people think you're crazy.

Quite frankly, I have no problem when someone in a worst 'hair' situation than me tries to make me feel better by explaining how hard it is to deal with having no hair. Unfortunately some take it to the extreme, and hijack every freaking thread, thinking that anyone who is not completely bald does not deserve to post and complain here. I Initially bought into their argument and even felt better about my own situation, but after a few months of reading repeated intrusion into others' threads their posts begin to sound redundant, uninteresting and recently, insulting to other posters. I've tried (and failed) to explain to them many times that this forum is for everyone -not just for NW5s and up.

Anyway, just ignore the nonsense and feel free to continue to seek help. I think most of the replies have been pretty good.