Socks' story - (general thinning, pics included)

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Re: Socks' story - (pics included)

perfect hair...I am so jealous.

RaginDemon

Reaction score

I checked your before pic just now, you didn't have too much hair loss to start with, but your hair does appear to be healthier

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Didn't you used to take spironolactone?

RaginDemon

Reaction score

read his first post, he did.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Why did he quit spironolactone?

RaginDemon

Reaction score
i think he explained it somewhere in the middle of the thread.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Can somebody just tell me please? Why is this forum so empty these days? Raging Demon is the only person who enters messages.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
spironolactone MIGHT cause gyno

socks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
person said:
Why did he quit spironolactone?

I was taking 200mg of spironolactone for over a year. spironolactone is a potent anti-androgen at that dose and frankly I was concerned about any long-term implications on my health... My other options included either trying Dutasteride or a higher dose of Finasteride.

I did not want to get on Dutasteride for reasons I wrote too many times to repeat at this time so it came down to the status quo or Finasteride. I did not want to spend 100s of bucks a month on 5mg of Proscar daily or EOD so that left me with generics on the Internet... I wasnt 100% convinced such meds would be legit so I took 5mg of Fincar from inhousepharmacy with the 200mg of spironolactone (in case it was fake). Within less then a week I got very strong classic symptoms of gyno which leaned me very hard in the direction that the Fincar was real.

So, I dropped the spironolactone and started Fincar once every-other-day. I later upped the dose by adding grapefruit juice. Since, my hair has maintained and I feel 100% normal and healthy.

I always have (even when I took spironolactone) warned guys against taking the drug (spironolactone). It works but it can not only cause immediate and unacceptable sexual side-effects at the effective dosing range in men, it also MAY carry with it longer-term health implications. I dont suggest, or ever have, guys jump to spironolactone thinking it is the next step from 1mg of finasteride or .5mg of dutasteride.

BALD IS BEAUTIFUL

Established Member
Reaction score

socks said:
Keep in mind I'm just on generic finasteride, Nizoral, and grapefruit juice.

Here is a pic from my phone taken 15mins about (10-18-2007)

socks_70.jpg

Awe-inspiring job. :bravo:

RaginDemon

Reaction score
antonio666 said:
socks i admire you because you had the guts to try oral spironolactone

lol

IBM

Reaction score
Socks story was one of the reasons to take oral spironolactone. After 6 months on it, i dont regret the option taken.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
no sides whatsoever IBM?

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Dogs3 said:
what can oral spironolactone help? density, hairline or what?

a bit of everything, but some claimed it induces strong sides.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Based on the pics I dont believe this guy ever had hairloss. male pattern baldness does not start to thin in the middle of the hairline from the front of the hairline. No way! I think it was just a case of poor hair care, possibly from product overuse or mild temperary traction alopecia from doing spikes or something. His hair is probably just dirty in the before pic with it pushed forward. Come on peope thats the strongest hairline in history! Hairlines like that do not recead. Especially diffusely from the middle at the very front of the hairline, give me a break :roll:

If hair is sensetive to DHT in any way shape or form (on the hairline only) then its going to manifest itself by effecting the follciles on the sensetive temple regions at the front of the hairline not in the middle and at the front! How ridiculous. I think this post offers false hope. And if he is on finasteride, he maybe on it for NO REASON at all and the results he achieved maybe coincidental or the placebo effect.

Reaction score
metalheaddude said:
Based on the pics I dont believe this guy ever had hairloss. male pattern baldness does not start to thin in the middle of the hairline from the front of the hairline. No way! I think it was just a case of poor hair care, possibly from product overuse or mild temperary traction alopecia from doing spikes or something. His hair is probably just dirty in the before pic with it pushed forward. Come on peope thats the strongest hairline in history! Hairlines like that do not recead. Especially diffusely from the middle at the very front of the hairline, give me a break :roll:

If hair is sensetive to DHT in any way shape or form (on the hairline only) then its going to manifest itself by effecting the follciles on the sensetive temple regions at the front of the hairline not in the middle and at the front! How ridiculous. I think this post offers false hope. And if he is on finasteride, he maybe on it for NO REASON at all and the results he achieved maybe coincidental or the placebo effect.

Sorry man, but thats how my hair is thinning....
It started first down the middle, when u used to part my hair (when it was long).... and in general it just got thin all over the top... slighltly more on my double crown... then eventually a started thinning more at the front few inches of my head, and then thinning (not receding) a little more on one temple area...
If you read my story, i have suggested traction alopecia because the way i used to treat my hair and it was about 2 foot long, but people in general (inlcluding my doctor) say its male pattern baldness, just not following the usual pattern.... Would love it if it was traction alopecia though

Heres my story with pics: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=45444

By the way, awesome results socks, my hair is diffusing exactly the way urs was... and i even have a small circular patch right at the front of my head (middle front) like urs was...
Ive only been on minoxidil for 5 months with some ok results (its not gotten worse n e way and the thinner hair has got a bit thicker) but im gonna start on finasteride soon and hopefully gonna get results like urs :)

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
metalheaddude said:

I still have a juvenile hair line....but my thinning is in the middle of my hairline with still very strong temples.