Someone please help me

Fena2000

Established Member
Reaction score
Men can just shave it though and it's acceptable to society. A woman shaves her head and she has an illness. I may be getting laid but I'd rather be happy. And like I said before, I find bald men very attractive. And I know a lot of women do. So if you aren't getting laid or getting a snif that is due to your own insecurities. Women don't usually approach men. I believe it looks better when they completely shave it though. So bald men is acceptable to society! I can't go out bald or everyone is going to think I have cancer or some grave illness. If I could go out bald and people wouldn't think otherwise, I could accept my hair loss much better than I am. So I'll have to wear a wig which is hot and uncomfortable!

- - - Updated - - -

Also I have seen three dermatologists (only one that seemed to know anything about hair loss) and a worthless endocrinologist. In sure you all know that doctors are not the be all end all to baldness so I'm tryinlg to fight this battle on my own with help from other hair loss sufferers.

I've seen many many GPs, derms, it's like all of them skipped medical school. I'm so fed up with them. Last time , the derm gave me minoxidil and told me, come back in about 6 months, then we will look if you have Androgenetic Alopecia or not. :bigun2: t's really nice for her to say that, she goes home and relaxes in her big mansion. I go home, checking the mirror, looking up if I have Androgenetic Alopecia or Telogen Effluvium. It's torture not knowing, why don't they just take their time , do a skinbiopsy and tell what's going on. It's like they don't care, why should they, they have hair.

Jemsgirl

Reaction score
Fena2000 I agree. Hand me a bottle of rogaine. No biopsy but I've also read biopsies are not accurate unless you get a three point biopsy? (I think that's what it's called). I totally get you. Doctors do not have a clue especially when it comes to FPB.
Frenchy...typical guy from France. I could never live in France. Men there are so pompous and arrogant.

frenchy

Established Member
Reaction score

frenchy

Established Member
Reaction score
ten years actually (started at 17yo), i only started using treatments 7 years ago. but im glad you empathize with men suffrering from male pattern baldness, i misjudged you

Fena2000

Established Member
Reaction score
Fena2000 I agree. Hand me a bottle of rogaine. No biopsy but I've also read biopsies are not accurate unless you get a three point biopsy? (I think that's what it's called). I totally get you. Doctors do not have a clue especially when it comes to FPB.
Frenchy...typical guy from France. I could never live in France. Men there are so pompous and arrogant.

Just start educating yourself.
All I know is the only way to know if you have Androgenetic Alopecia or not, is look if you see miniaturized hair. I'm starting to see a lot of them:sobbing:, so I know that's bad news.

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Your age and the fact that you just had a child, along with all the other things you mentioned, hint at hormone problems which could well subside. It also matters which hormones produce the problems, i.e., whether its the estrogen/testosterone ratio (which could lead to permanent hair loss) or something else.

Without photos there is no way anyone here can assess what is going on. Better yet, go to a good doctor/dermatologist and have your hair loss assessed. But be careful, many doctors are highly unknowledgeable when it comes to hair-related issues.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
I've seen many many GPs, derms, it's like all of them skipped medical school. I'm so fed up with them.

Don't even get me started on doctors. If it wasn't for them I would probably would still have a full head of hair. The first Doctor I saw over 10 years ago didn't tell me about available treatment options at all. Pretty much told me it happens to most guys and not to worry about it. I asked my current doctor about it and he said there was nothing I can do. I had to tell him that I would like to give finasteride a try and he finally wrote me a script. I was actually a good responder to treatments and grew a decent amount of hair back, but some hair was just too far gone to be recovered. I get pissed of till this day about those idiots.