SoThatsLife's Story - (Age 24 and receding, pics included)

SoThatsLife

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody! Been lurking around on this site for some weeks and finally decided to register.

First of all I would just say to people like flimflam and GrowHairGrow, your writing made me laught and relaxe a little! I acctually have a friend of a friend that looks like GrowHairGrow thats shaved, and he gets alot of chicks. :punk:

Im a 24 year old dude that have started to thin on top the last 3-4months. First noticed it when a friend cut my hair short and she said I was thinning on the right side up front. At first I really didnt care cause I thought it wasnt in my genes to be lose hair. But after some weeks I started stressing because everytime I put my hands in my hair I had some hair between my fingers, it really fucked up the end of my summer holliday cause my mood was real shity. Actually ended up buying Wella Hair Loss shampoo that week, but stopped because it started to burn in my skull and switched to Nisim. Then I went to the doctor where I study to asked what the hell was going on and presenting my story, and he just said I should wait some months to see if it grew back. I think I never have been so disapointed about a doctors appointment in my life, I was wanting answers and solution, but all I got was stuff I allready knew.

After some stressful weeks, of looking in the mirror and seeing my hairline loose its density and seeing my crown not being all that anymore, I just called a private dermatolog and got an appointment. He said he thought is was genetic hairloss, but we decided to take some tests to see if I had any insufficiencies , just to be on the safe side. Off course all was fine so I couldent scream “YEA ITS A QUICK FIX WITH SOME IRONâ€￾. He gave me a prescription on Propecia and said it was the best choice, but I could wait some months to see if it grew back. Buuuuuuuuuuut after 2 weeks I was stressed like hell cause my hairline was thinning so much on the left that I started 0.5mg Propecia daily.

Because I was stressing about my hair, my mom and her doctor friend was starting to worry about my mood, 1month after my first dermatolog visit, they got me an appointment with another dermatolog so I could "relaxe" and ask all the questions I had in my head. Really dont know what I got out of that appointment, but at least two people had looked at it. He said it looked like genetic, but he called it diffuse hairloss.After that day I ended up increasing my dosage to 1mg Propecia each day.

Thats about a week ago now, and I still feel stressed about my hairloss, and stressed about taking Propecia, but I kinda want to at least have hair to my 30s, so I prob just gotto stick with the rutine. Just hope I dont get any serious sides. I have feelt some dizzynes the last days, but i woke up with a morning wood so I guess I should be a happy camper.

The thing that really sucks is that I quited school when I was 18 because I was getting sick, and the last 3 years I have really got back upon my feets and the last years was really the first year in a long time I really enjoyed life and studying. And now this sh*t about my hair!!!

I have really been thinking about why this is happening to me. Its all about the genes the docs say. But in my family its only one man that was thinning in his early age, and thats off course my grandfather(Love the dude but crap). He was thinning in his early 20s with a Norwood IIa and ended up something between IIIa/IVa in his 70s. The rest of my mothers side was around a Norwood III in their late 60s, my uncle is 55 and only now he gets a little thin in the crown. My father still have alot of hair and his father died bald but in his 50-60 he was a Norwood V after what I have seen in the pics. So Im kinda confuesed, I still have hair on my head and in the shape I was born with, Norwood II. But the stuff I dont understand is why my hairloss is like thinning all over on top, and not just in the front or/and in the crown. Its not like its seetrough on top, but I lift my hair up or “splitâ€￾ it you could see that its thinning. Sometimes I just wanna scream about this sh*t.

One other thing I go around wondering about is stress. Both the mind-stress and the body-stress. I did take some heavy courses at school this spring and it was really bugging my mind sometimes(actually ended up really depressed for 2 weeks because of school and sh*t :crazy: ). But the thing I wonder most about is the body-stress impact on hairloss. 3-5months before my hairloss started(atleast when I was freaked out) I was lifting weights 3-6 times a weak. And I have read on this forum that heavy weight training boost your testosterone with 40%. Do any of you people think that this could be a “hair loss releaserâ€￾?

Im now on 1mg Propecia, but Im not sure if I gonna stick with 1mg or go back to 0.5mg, time will tell. Are there anyone on 0.5mg with good results? Do anyone now if Propecia works on the hairline, I have lost alot of hairline hair in the last 2months that didnt look “sickâ€￾/skinny , so I really hope some come back. Or do I have to start with Rogaine? In my county we dont have the foam so it seems kinda messy, and I have read you should wait 6 months after starting Propecia, before starting Rogaine, just to see if the Propecia work in front. Any opinons?

And what about that nizoral everybody talking about? What does it actually do? My docs said it doesnt mater. I used Nisim for a month or two now, and the only thing I got got from it was itching, dandruff and dry hair. So I have switched back to my old shampoo. Also wonder if anyone uses conditioner? After the hairloss started I actually started to really skip out on hairstylling and hair conditioner. Before I would style my hair everyday and stuff. Almost miss that stuff.

So thats me..it was quite nice so blurp all this stuff out and it was fun the write english again, not just reading it in my massive school books..I tried to talk to some friends about it, but it just dont feel right and prob just get the “just shave your head if it gets worse dudeâ€￾ in my face.

I know Im not the worst case in here, and I really cross my fingerns for many of the dudes in here. Hair aint all, but it kinda sucks to loose it when your young. I still go around hoping that its just a phase or a bad dream, and I wake up with a afro. Another thing thats sucks is I read all about the researchs on hairloss. Have our hair loss started in 10 years we prob just could go to the doctor and get some miracle shampoo(atleast I hope) and then have fresh hair like Fabio the next year :jump:

Hope someones answers some of my questions, :jump:

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Re: So that was life?

The weight training is supposed to raise your T level temporarily.

It might be an coincidence that I started losing my hair a yr after I started going lifing weights hardcore.

I went from lifting 135lbs flat bench to 225lbs in one yr.

My hair also went from looking good to crazy thin.

Nahaz

Reaction score

I've been lifting weights for about a year and haven't noticed additional hairloss. My training partner seemed to go through some very rapid hairloss at the same time he got fully into weight training (over a period of 4-5 years). So perhaps there is a link.

G

SoThatsLife said:
Hey everybody! Been lurking around on this site for some weeks and finally decided to register.

First of all I would just say to people like flimflam and GrowHairGrow, your writing made me laught and relaxe a little! I acctually have a friend of a friend that looks like GrowHairGrow thats shaved, and he gets alot of chicks. :punk:

Really? That sounds cool. Glad I could be of help to someone.

RaginDemon

Reaction score

shouldn't you be glad that his friend who looks like you get a lot of chicks? lol

RaginDemon

Reaction score

Nahaz said:
I've been lifting weights for about a year and haven't noticed additional hairloss. My training partner seemed to go through some very rapid hairloss at the same time he got fully into weight training (over a period of 4-5 years). So perhaps there is a link.

I hit the gym at night...and I do see a lot of hardcore weight lifters in their late 20 early 30 going bald or having a significant degree of thinning.

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score

RaginDemon said:
shouldn't you be glad that his friend who looks like you get a lot of chicks? lol
hehe yea, tell ghg where that guy lives.. maibe u can vacation there ghg and get lots of chicks :punk:

RaginDemon

Reaction score

I think too much sex will make ghg forget about his hair loss completely... :punk:

SoThatsLife

Established Member
Reaction score

RaginDemon said:
I hit the gym at night...and I do see a lot of hardcore weight lifters in their late 20 early 30 going bald or having a significant degree of thinning.

Thats the stuff Im worried about, its sound real logical if you the genetic for baldness and then hit the gym everyday to pump up your testo 40%. I have started biking and jogging again but i prob gonna do weights 1-2times aweek.

G

RaginDemon said:

You know someone in another country looking like you, it's a hard concept to grasp :$ .

SoThatsLife

Established Member
Reaction score

GrowHairGrow! said:
You know someone in another country looking like you, it's a hard concept to grasp :$ .
Everybody prob got a lookalike someplace...I just said it because, even if people dont have hair, they could get a lot of chicks.

But I have a question to all my thinningbrothers?
Since I only have shedded for 2-3months, and been on Propecia for 2-3weeks. Should I wait with starting on Rogaine(only seen 5% in the farmacy) and Nizoral(it is called Fungoral here in Norway), and see how the regrowth in my hairline and vertex will envolve in the next months?

I have read Dr. Rassman and Dr. Berstein says that people on Propecia should wait 6months or so before starting other treatments, but if I wait 6monts, wouldnt it be more difficult to get some regrowth?

How is everybodys respone to Nizoral? Does it make you scalp itchy and stuff? I just dropped Nisim and gone back to the old shampoo that relaxes my scalp, and really dont want to be a dandruff boy again

Anyone tried laser? a friend is really recommending it, but its seems sucha waste to spend all this money on propecia and then the laser thats prob 60$ for every appointment, and loose the hair from the laser when I stop it!

Thanks for all the response dudes :bravo:

Hope everyones had a nice day!!

G

Nizoral hurts my scalp like hell, that's why I don't even try to use it anymore. I first thought it was a coincidence since the scalp pain kinda comes and goes but it was always extremely painful after washing with nizoral.

SoThatsLife

Established Member
Reaction score

yea thats my general feeling when I read this forum..quite sexy with flaming red scalp and blond hair..

Growhairgrow..how do you know that you have diffuse hairloss? And how do you see your future? I see your 25? how long will you keep up your regime and stuff?

For myself I think I try atleast till Im 30 or so..or if i get kids..just hope i get some regrowth

G

SoThatsLife said:
yea thats my general feeling when I read this forum..quite sexy with flaming red scalp and blond hair..

Growhairgrow..how do you know that you have diffuse hairloss? And how do you see your future? I see your 25? how long will you keep up your regime and stuff?

For myself I think I try atleast till Im 30 or so..or if i get kids..just hope i get some regrowth

I know I'm diffuse since I'm pretty damn bald on top already, the pattern is very clear. Well I don't really think about future that much, I have no hopes of keeping my hair for very long since the treatments aren't exactly working. I'm 24, will turn 25 on November 20th. The only thing concerning balding I really see is shaving and acceptance, that's the only way out of this for me. Wow been a crazy day in here for me, gotta slow down the posting from now on.

RaginDemon

Reaction score

I donno man, I will still hit the gym...

gym is like the biggest emotional support to me when it comes to combat hair loss.

I feel so good there, and I feel even better after a great work out.

so if my destiny is to be bald, let it be. Life is a b**ch, pimp it and f*** it!

SoThatsLife

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: So that was life? NOW WITH PICS, SAVE MY FRONT

Some new pics, from today

Its the thinning on the side i hate the most, but the thinning on top is still kinda ugly..

Didnt realy get the pics to be great

Attachments

• hair1.JPG
    hair1.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 779
  • hair2.JPG
    hair2.JPG
    238.6 KB · Views: 761
  • hair3.JPG
    hair3.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 771

SoThatsLife

Established Member
Reaction score

couldent get all of the pics in one post

So anyone up for some pointers? Im on propecia but really really think about going on the Big 3..but kinda wanna see how I end up on Propecia..but the waaaaaaaaaaait

Attachments

• hair4.JPG
    hair4.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 783
  • hair5.JPG
    hair5.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 764
  • marchhair.JPG
    marchhair.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 747

RaginDemon

Reaction score

you still have a lot of hair, get on big 3 and hopefully it will recover some of your recent loss.

G

SoThatsLife:

Looking at your pictures, they remind me of some pics I saw on the web of a lady who had a large 3" diameter patch of hair that completely fell out (though you're not nearly as bad), and her doctor or dermatologist gave her cortisone injections (or some type of injection), and it caused her hair to grow back completely.

If I wasn't so tired I'd try to google down those pictures, but I just wanted to throw that out there as a possible solution.

E-

SoThatsLife

Established Member
Reaction score

Erik D said:
SoThatsLife:

Looking at your pictures, they remind me of some pics I saw on the web of a lady who had a large 3" diameter patch of hair that completely fell out (though you're not nearly as bad), and her doctor or dermatologist gave her cortisone injections (or some type of injection), and it caused her hair to grow back completely.

If I wasn't so tired I'd try to google down those pictures, but I just wanted to throw that out there as a possible solution.

E-

She would prob have Telogen Effluvium and then cortisone maybe could work..and after what i read, it only speed up regrowing with Telogen Effluvium..I have/had lots of vellus hair but many of them went away after starting Propecia and minoxidil..so hope something grows back:)