spironolactone causing shedding?

HairlossCA

Reaction score
HairLossTalk.com

I have recently asked you a couple of questions regarding spironolactone 5% and I know that you have been using both spironolactone 5% and Revivogen in your regimen with favorable results. Upon learning this, I bought some spironolactone 5% and have been using it for about 3 weeks now.

Unfortunately, it seems that I may be experiencing some hairline shedding as well as other frontal areas to which I am applying the cream, once a day, at night before bedtime.

Did you experience shedding as well, and if so, did it cease?

As far as other users in this forum, did anyone else experience a spironolactone shed but with subsequent stabilization?

Thank you.

absmon

Established Member
Reaction score
Jesusfreak wrote: yes, if you stop using it.

What do you exactly mean by that? I thought you didn't shed on spironolactone and used it with good success.

ShockWave

Reaction score
For gods sake people, in order to get thicker follicles, your hair has to fall out first. Your hair just doesnt magicaly appear thicker without shedding.

G

Yep that's true folks. In order for your hair to get thicker and grow hair then you will get a shedding on some treatments. Shedding hair actually means it is working. Some people don't shed, some people do. We are all different. That's why a black man has tight curly hair and a huge c***.

G

JesusFreak said:
yes, if you stop using it.

Are you sayin your hair will become spironolactone dependant. If so what´s the chemistry behind it. For the record I doubt it.

viperfish

Reaction score
Most people will tell you that they shed on spironolactone. Most people who have used it will also tell you that they think it may be helping them maintain. However, spironolactone is a mild antiandrogen so to expect anything spectacular from it is a waste of time.

viperfish

Reaction score
Most of the shedding may also be due to the alcohol content in the spironolactone solution.

Grandpa

Established Member
Reaction score
Yep that's true folks. In order for your hair to get thicker and grow hair then you will get a shedding on some treatments. Shedding hair actually means it is working. Some people don't shed, some people do. We are all different. That's why a black man has tight curly hair and a huge c***.

Exactly, every couple of years from birth black guys' wangs periodically fall off, only to grow back bigger and thicker.

absmon

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't think the alcohol content in spironolactone will cause shedding because if it did, it would always shed. So I don't think Dr Lee would prepare a treatment knowing that would be the case.

viperfish

Reaction score
Alcohol can for sure cause shedding! Dr. Lee puts it in his products because it is a great transport vehicle. Alcohol carries the solution into the dermal layers of the scalp and follicles. Some will suffer shedding worse than others due to the alcohol as some are more sensitive.

absmon

Established Member
Reaction score
If thats the case, do you think copper peptides used in conjunction with spironolactone will help those who are sensitive to spironolactone.

oni

Reaction score
I think cutting your balls off will stop your hair from falling out. But it will not help it grow back.

I also don't understand why copper peptides should help.

Cassin

Reaction score
oni said:
I think cutting your balls off will stop your hair from falling out. But it will not help it grow back.

I also don't understand why copper peptides should help.

If you have irritation due to topicals, it will hinder the effectiveness of any given product. Copper-Peptides normally solve irritation issues.

Alone CP's are supposed to have some regrowth/thickening properties. BUT IMHO.....don't hold your breath and always use it as an adjunct only to a regimen.

absmon

Established Member
Reaction score
Cassin wrote:
If you have irritation due to topicals, it will hinder the effectiveness of any given product. Copper-Peptides normally solve irritation issues.

That is what I meant.

viperfish

Reaction score
I agree Cu peptides will help resolve irritation/inflammation and may possibly help other products to work better (products containing alcohol). Cu peptides as a single agent are probably not going to do much at all........ if anything. Although, Cu peptides should be applied at a different time than other topicals.

Becks

Reaction score
What about Fluridil ? 90 % alc. If alc leads to sheds then u should be bald with that.