splittin proscar method

johnny000

Reaction score
ok, i wana split proscar into 8 pieces because: it saves money, gives me a dosage that would suggest less risk of side effects and it gives me the option of safely increasing my dosage to 1mg later in life.

but seriously........how the f*** do u do it?! iv tried cuttin it with razor blades etc, but i end up with a mess?! and thats provin to be hard to ensure im getting a steady daily dosage. apart from dissolving it in a ethanol which iv heard isnt a good idea are there ne other good methods?

cheers people.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
8ths????
Dude I tried cutting it into 5ths and that was nearly impossible. If you cut it into 8ths those pieces would be about the size of a grain of salt.
The razor blade is the best method. I guess you could 1/4 it first, then 1/2 each one of the quaters. The thing is there's always going to be a little powder left behind so 8ths might not be your best option. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

blt

Reaction score
The answer is a pill spliter. Go to a Walgreens and ask for it. It is a small plastic box with a razor blade in the center of the lid. Get a clear plastic see through one.

johnny000

Reaction score
cool, thanks. i did think about a pill splitter, but just assumed dividin it into 1/8ths wud b too much.