SSJReXboi's Story (Pics Included)

damnthis

Established Member
Reaction score
could you provide an other update...

jarednz

Reaction score
Hey, I just read your story and I think I have a similar situation. My story is here.

Looking at your pics I see you use a wet gel look when you style your hair. When my hair is wet it looks A LOT thinner than when it's dry. And it looks especially thin when I use gel because all the hair clumps together and the balding bits stand out even more. When I style my hair I do it when it's completely dry and use a product called KMS Hair Play Moulding Paste. I think that this helps hide the fact that I'm thinning.

But, I wish I looked good with a shaved head, if I did I wouldn't really worry about going bald. Plenty of guys can pull of a number 0 and look fine with receeding or no hair. I have had a number 1 before when I was younger and I didn't look good because I have a funny shaped head.

I think you are being too harsh on yourself. I see a big difference between your First and Second pictures when your hair is dry.

Would be nice to hear your thoughts, opinions and advice on my story.

ssjrexboi

Reaction score
update: March 14 2006

i have never stopped using 1/4 proscar. however, i stopped using minoxidil during summer 2005 because i was not seeing any new growth. nothing happened after i stopped. i decided to give minoxidil a second chance in december 2005. i switched from walgreens brand to the sams club brand. ever since, wierd stuff has been happening. i have started growing hair on my forehead(which i have to pluck so that i dont look like a gorilla), as well as on my cheeks. it is pretty patchy, but i have NEVER been able to grow facial hair other than a mustache and thin hair under my lip and chin. i will be 24 next month, so i know that my recent facial hair growth is a result of minoxidil. this minoxidil from sams club is some pretty potent stuff.

since summer of last year i have been shaving my head with a mach3 and using the minoxidil as aftershave...lol. i have not tried growing my hair out since i started using minoxidil again, but if i dont shave for a week or so i can see my hairline very clearly. unfortunately, i have not grown any new hair on my scalp- just my face :? . my scalp doesnt look any thicker, but i guess i have to grow my hair out more to know for sure.

ssjrexboi

Reaction score
i guess i should clarify my last post. i have not been applying minoxidil to my face, just my scalp. the hair growth on my face/forehead is a wierd side effect.

ssjrexboi

Reaction score
Update to anyone interested-

Shortly after my last post I stopped all treatment. minoxidil makes my scalp unbearably itchy, and the finasteride was making me develop b1t%h t1t$. I decided it's better to just deal with it. Plus, I'm a busy guy and don't have time for all that. Years later until now my hair still looks the same. One thing I should add though is in addition to stopping all treatment - I stopped using illegal drugs as well as having multiple energy drinks every day. I drink a lot of tea such as white/green/yerba/roibus, exercise, and don't eat a lot of crappy fast food. I still drink alcohol moderately though. I personally now believe that all of the crap we put into our bodies makes us bald prematurely.

I wish I could tell you guys that I got all my hair back, but I just learned to accept my hair loss. Luckily the hair still looks the same, but if it gets worse I look good with a shaved head anyways. Maybe I'll hold out for a hair transplant in about 10-15yrs when technology should be a lot better. Best of luck to you all.

king-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ssjrexboi said:
Update to anyone interested-

Shortly after my last post I stopped all treatment. minoxidil makes my scalp unbearably itchy, and the finasteride was making me develop b1t%h t1t$. I decided it's better to just deal with it. Plus, I'm a busy guy and don't have time for all that. Years later until now my hair still looks the same. One thing I should add though is in addition to stopping all treatment - I stopped using illegal drugs as well as having multiple energy drinks every day. I drink a lot of tea such as white/green/yerba/roibus, exercise, and don't eat a lot of crappy fast food. I still drink alcohol moderately though. I personally now believe that all of the crap we put into our bodies makes us bald prematurely.

I wish I could tell you guys that I got all my hair back, but I just learned to accept my hair loss. Luckily the hair still looks the same, but if it gets worse I look good with a shaved head anyways. Maybe I'll hold out for a hair transplant in about 10-15yrs when technology should be a lot better. Best of luck to you all.

your hair still looks the same!?!?!? well thats more then good shouldbe happy bro , butt since you tried the minoxidil and finasteride , and you got tits and made your scalp itchy , id suggest trying xandrox 15% maybe it can work on you?

i know people who it worked miracles for

Petchsky

Reaction score
Thanks for the update, awesome that your hair still looks the same

ssjrexboi

Reaction score
In case you were wondering here are some recent pics. The three with hair were a couple months ago. I shaved my head about three weeks ago before taking a vacation to Jamaica as it is pretty hot there plus it's getting to be hot as hell here in Vegas. I usually shave it for summer as it stays over 100 degrees every day here for months and the cool breeze feels great on a bald scalp. Will probably grow it back in the winter. Just wanted to show that shaving your head isn't the worst thing in the world, and if my hair gets a lot worse I will just keep it shaved year round. I think every balding guy should try it to see how it looks, it grows back enough to spike in a month or so if you don't like it. If anything, it's a lot easier to apply minoxidil!!! I recommend a mach 3 and edge gel. lol. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• IMG_0162.JPG
    IMG_0162.JPG
    466.3 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_0171.JPG
    IMG_0171.JPG
    523.5 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_0187.JPG
    IMG_0187.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 185
  • DSC03907.JPG
    DSC03907.JPG