Started 1mg finasteride--Side Effects

JTS

Banned
Reaction score
Hey man,

My libido is actually decent and so are erections, but I've had some severe brain fog and muscle wastage, shot endocrine system (mainly hypogonadal test levels), lack of deep sleep, penile shrinkage, and fatigue.

I really didn't think this was possible from finasteride, but it happened..

Just watchfully waiting now for hopefully a recovery or some improvements.

Look into Clomid. Also, what do you mean when you say shrinkage?

finasteride is a nasty drug. I managed to avoid any obvious, long lasting hormonal issues but it gave me a muscular dysfunction. I don't know how my hormones are though, I only started getting morning wood consistantly about a month ago (get them every day now) and have only just improved my sleep patterns over the last few days.

You should also get some sleeping pills. Who knows what wonders 2 weeks of good 7-8 hours of sleep a night can do for your hormones.

xfade

Reaction score
I was on 1mg finasteride for about a couple months. Didn't have any sexual side effects but I did have some other problems like fatigue, forgetfulness, depression etc. that just wouldn't seem to go away completely. My doctor explained to me how messing with testosterone can not only harm us physically but mentally as well. I've been 3 months off the drug and I feel much better now.