Starting a regimen from 1st November, including a lot of experimental supplements!

K

karankaran

Regimen Story from 1st November, including experimental supplements! (Baseline pics)

Hi Guys,

If you want to know the regimen I am going to start, look at my signature! I am going to start with 5% Rogaine foram 2x daily + nizoral 1% 3x a week!

PLUS A lot of experimental supplements that have been put in SCIENTIFIC literature but am yet to find a story of people who have tried them!
They include, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
Soy Isoflavones aglycones(108mg/DAY)+Black Tea(1.25g/207.5mg theaflavins/DAY) - Reduce DHT, Inflammation and increase IGF -1 => Supposedly.
Bioperine (20 mg twice daily) - to increase absorption of supplements.
Quercetin (500 mg daily) - bio enhancer + supposedly PGD2+COX2 inhibitor.
Ginger (1.1 g daily) - to increase absorption of supplements, supposedly PGD2 inhibitor.
L-Taurine (1g daily) - to resolve fibrosis.

And Many others (see my signature!).

I will post my baseline pics on 1st November and adhere to this regimen, strictly for the next 6 months! I will post my pics and my progress, at regular intervals!

Hopefully, something will come out of this!

JaySizzle

Established Member
Reaction score
Holy moly that's a lot of supplements lol. Good luck. I hope you're no.worse than a nw3 or else 6 months is precious time you could be on finasteride which is one pill and proven. If I were u I would get on topical spironolactone rather than a lot of those pills. Even the fish oils and ginger you can substitute for the real deal in eating the foods. Eat pineapple everyday instead of quercetin.

K

karankaran

Thank you, Sniper - I have done away with Quercetin and Ginger - it was just a lot of pills! And you are right , i could just substitute a lot with finasteride coz itis proven and i believe in proven treatments...I however am doing nizoral and will be adding minoxidil 5% twice a day from 1st november , so 2 proven treatments ...so hopefully, this along with these supplements might show something ... i will take a look at Topical spironolactone...and i am NW3... so i hope everything goes well....if this regimen works for me in the next 6 months, great! i am also thinking of using derma roller wounding method with this entire list.... i will update my regimen on 1st November...but it will def include supplements in my signature...

JaySizzle

Established Member
Reaction score
nixoral and minoxidil will likely help you keep what you have, at best. I currently dermaroll as well. I have been doing so for about a month and the results are somewhat inconclusive so far. Anyone who is a NW2 or worse, imo, should get on finasteride if they are serious about preserving their hair. Personally, minoxidil and nizoral should always be used as a part of the big 3, but minoxidil alone or nizoral alone may be only beneficial if you are a nw1 or 2 at worst.

psyhotria

Banned
Reaction score
Although ginger is a popular supplement it contains 6-gingerol, a hair growth inhibitor.. Quercetin should not be used along with finasteride (it antagonises finasteride's action).. For greater effectiveness ket cream should be used instead of the shampoo, liquidified either with isopropyl alcohol or minoxidil (both 1:1), topically.

K

karankaran

Updated Regimen from 1st November!

Here is my regimen which I am starting from today :
Started 1st November, 2013
5% Rogaine foam (2x daily)
Nizoral Shampoo 1%(5 times a week)
MultiVitamin(Daily)
Fish Oil (2x daily)
Soy Isoflavones aglycones(80mg/DAY)+Black Tea(1.25g/207.5mg theaflavins/DAY)
MSM(1500MG daily)
Biotin(5mg daily)
Biosil(1 tab daily)
Collagen Tablets(3-Neocell)+HA(1-Doctor's Best)-Daily
Bioperine (20 mg daily)
L-Taurine (2g daily)
Vitamin B-12 , Vitamin D

Pics taken today after shower - attached. This is the beginning of my story. I could have taken finasteride - but for now i want to experiment a bit with supplements like black tea, soy , taurine and others and see how it goes. Plus, in addition to their prospective hair benefits, they help keep my health in good shape.

opti

Established Member
Reaction score
guess u have problems with estrogen when i look at these pics...do u even have bald temples?

K

karankaran

guess u have problems with estrogen when i look at these pics...do u even have bald temples?
I have temples which are like neither completely bald nor completely full..what do you mean : when you say problems with estrogen ? can u tell me more...

anonymous

Established Member
Reaction score
I hope this works for you.
I take it that you're scared to take finasteride? It is working for me... you can check my thread should be on the first page still. If you added extremely small doses of finasteride to this cocktail you'd probably get enough to see results.

K

karankaran

I am not worried about finasteride , i just want to take original propecia which will cost me 70$ per month and these supplements cost the same but these supplements have kept my health steady , i suffer from a few autoimmune disorders and my health has not been good for the past 3 years , but ever since i have started taking these supplements in the last 2 months, i have been doing fine...plus i am hoping to have black tea/soy reduce dht and i am taking these in large quantities... i believe in proven treatments and if it does not work, i will switch to finasteride after 6 months...btw i started my regimen from today ,,, hopefully everything goes well.... it is a long journey , 6 months ....

anonymous

Established Member
Reaction score
If what you're taking makes you feel better, great! You should keep it up. Your health is #1 priority.
Cut the original propecia in half... it'll last you 2 months. Cut the half into half... it'll last you 4 months!

K

karankaran

I am posting the pic i took today , I dropped minoxidil and am now only on supplements + nizoral... My hair fall decreased a lot , but i do not think I have seen any regrowth...My updated regime is in my signature..........

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
I am posting the pic i took today , I dropped minoxidil and am now only on supplements + nizoral... My hair fall decreased a lot , but i do not think I have seen any regrowth...My updated regime is in my signature..........

from what I have read on forums, that pattern does really well on finasteride and minoxidil, I wish that was my pattern to be honest instead of loss at temples which has limited success with anything

badgenetics1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
FWIW, my hair loss pattern was the exact same as yours (probably more advanced though) and I had significant results from the big 3 + dermarolling.

K

karankaran

Thank you guys! I guess I will get on Big 3 after 4 months... right now, i already have supplement supplies for next 4 months and btw , on my hairline i see a lot of activity, temples r d same but for me , my temples r covered by long hair emanating from my hairline... and from elsewhere... but i am still worried abt it... anyways, i will update my progress after a few months... i am adding a EPO and a topical aloe vera gel for the net 4 months...

K

karankaran

The first pic - when i started. Taken without flash.
The second pic - Taken today (2 months since start of treatment). Taken with flash coz i wanted to show better definition.
I am not sure if there is any change. My hair is wet in both cases and combed similarly.

Just wanted to update this thread in monthly intervals.