Starting out as "just friends" is not bad:

dougfunny

Established Member
Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
seaback said:
I've never had the guts to register to an online dating site. I might consider this in a near future. DH was literally submerged by hundreds of women flocking to him but we all know that he is a very handsome guy with no hairloss and showing great talent in writing. Let's wait for the average Joe to give us his inputs.
Seaback, I think you missed the point in my post. The balding guy, the below average Joe got the beautiful girl who he found on the online dating site and I wanted and I was the handsome NW1. I lost her due to lack of confidence. I was trying to show that the balding guy can get the beautiful girl over a NW1 if they have more confidence. Secondly, if it makes you feel better mostly all the women who responded to me are nothing special to look at and all chunky or overweight women. Its not like I had gorgeous slender women wanting to get to know me better. Sorry I forget to mention that part. If I posted one of Peapody's pictures then I would definitely get all the gorgeous slender women hitting on me.

look in general people date people that are a similar level of attractiveness to themselves.

if you are an ugly guy you are probably not going to end up with a hot girl unless you really have some special to offer.

s.a.f

Reaction score
dougfunny said:
look in general people date people that are a similar level of attractiveness to themselves.

if you are an ugly guy you are probably not going to end up with a hot girl unless you really have some special to offer.
Logic prevails :woot:

CCS

Reaction score
A problem I'm faced with is all the non-fat women seem to be married already. On singles sites, there just seems to be obese ones. If I email any non-obese woman on craigslist or a dating site, they send me a link to some other dating site saying I must sign up to talk to them. (scam)

It is tragic.

And the only businesses geared to socialization are alcoholic ones.

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
M.. if you want to stay away from alcohol maybe you can try Salasa classes, or any other hobby that might attract hot girls (kick boxing class in the gym maybe?), maybe at the beach or private parties (you go to collage right?) theres lot of places to meet good looking girls, not only in the clubs, just put yourself out there, and dont be shy (you barely have hairlose, nothing that a women would detect anyway..)

oni

Reaction score
Considering all things that you have said about women over the years. I think you would be better served going to another country lower down the economic scale to find a woman.................................................................. :whistle:

thetodd

Established Member
Reaction score
For one thing, if you tell a girl you want to just start out as friends, she's either going to think you're full of sh*t or just trying to get laid without even buying her dinner first. There's nothing wrong with just being friends with a girl you like while you're trying to get to know her, but don't come right out and say you just want to be buddies for awhile to see what happens. There are ways to hang out with a female where you don't have to buy her expensive stuff. I mean, is it going to empty your wallet to buy her a sandwich at Subway? You don't have to take her to a fancy restaurant right off the bat. If you have a friend who invites you to a party, ask him to invite the girl as well (if he knows her as well and you feel comfortable making that request). Then if she shows up, you can just hang with her a bit without it really being a date. Unless your friend spills the beans, she won't even know it wasn't just a coincidence that the two of you ended up at the same place.
Besides, getting into a relationship is always risky no matter how you go about it. True, you might break the bank wining and dining some chick who drops you after a month or so, but you also might end up with her for the rest of your life.

Bald Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Trust me CCS its a bad idea. Women like men who are direct and purposeful when it comes to these things. Not guys who pussy around.

I will have to agree with saf on this one. Women want guys who are direct in what they want.

I used to be friends with this girl. I would to go out clubbing with her and go out to dinner with her hoping for her to get the hint that I like her but she never did. She ended up treating me like her gay best friend and telling about the guys shes screwed and flirted with other guys in front of me. It would make me feel like sh*t because in my mind i really liked this girl but she only thought of me as a friend. I should have been direct from the start and not gone along with it.

In a way im glad it happend as it taught me to NEVER to be just friends with a girl I secretly like. I don't have any female friends now and to be honest with you I probably wouldn't want female friends as I realise now you don't get anywhere with a girl that just wants to be you're friend :gay:

CCS

Reaction score
You don't get anywhere sexually with one. But you can learn a lot about women if she sees you as gay. Soak up as much knowledge as you can. They lie less when they are not trying to attract you.

But if you want her, be direct. I recently learned if a woman lets me take her to dinner after I state that it is a date and want more than friends, it is highly unlikely I won't get sex that night. Not statistics. Just one event. Basically I look better than I thought and should go for women and not worry that they will not want my body after I pay. Actually this one just liked that I offered and did not even make me take her out: straight to her place.