Stop Torturing Yourself: There Wont Be Any Cure In Your Lifetime

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As I said before, they're like one every 3000 guys over 60, one every 5000 for guys over 70. Just like some old people have all their teeth, fewer wrinkes, good bones and so on.

To be honest what really bothers me is not losing hair per se but losing it in my 30s when most men don't. In my 50s it would be more acceptable

hairnohair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To be honest what really bothers me is not losing hair per se but losing it in my 30s when most men don't. In my 50s it would be more acceptable
Dude, I was born a NW2 and now, at 21, I'm almost NW3 (no crown loss) with mild thinning. You can guess how I feel about this. Personally, I would have been happy with going bald in my 40s. I've seen it all go to sh*t in one year, I'm sure something went wrong with me and triggered my hair loss. That's why I really get pissed when people talk about genetics in such a simpleton way. Depression, pneumonia and hair loss started at the same time, after the shittiest year of my life.

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
male pattern baldness is a condition or the scalp that gradually degrades the hair follicle by upregulating androgen receptors. If it was already written in your genes, why would it happen gradually? Anyone with a mind of his own would understand that there's more to it, even doctors and researchers say so. Until this unknown factor is addressed, you're gonna either have to nuke androgen levels and set yourself up for potential side effects or stimulating hair with growth factors using minoxidil, wounding or other similar treatments.

It is already written in your genes, from birth...
If you ever get your so called experimental treatments that regrowth 15 terminal hairs /cm² (cf. Follica), live your life, have a wife and make a son.

Then, as soon as he's born, you can pretty much already book Replicel + Tsuji when he will hit puberty...you know why ? Cause you're not cured, and you have very high chances that your son will have the same fate as yours...

Do you know why ? Hint : This is not a natural aging process
Why derms always ask the first and same question when some young balding dude come for help ? Have you got any history of balding in your family ? Strange isn't it ?

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude, I was born a NW2 and now, at 21, I'm almost NW3 (no crown loss) with mild thinning. You can guess how I feel about this. Personally, I would have been happy with going bald in my 40s. I've seen it all go to sh*t in one year, I'm sure something went wrong with me and triggered my hair loss. That's why I really get pissed when people talk about genetics in such a simpleton way. Depression, pneumonia and hair loss started at the same time, after the shittiest year of my life.

That's it ? That's your agument ? Come on...50 years of genetic, throw it all for a 'feeling' ?

hairnohair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is already written in your genes, from birth...
If you ever get your so called experimental treatments that regrowth 15 terminal hairs /cm² (cf. Follica), live your life, have a wife and make a son.

Then, as soon as he's born, you can pretty much already book Replicel + Tsuji when he will hit puberty...you know why ? Cause you're not cured, and you have very high chances that your son will have the same fate as yours...

Do you know why ? Hint : This is not a natural aging process
That's retarded. I'm sorry to be rude but this is some pro-level talking out of your ***.
My father, and his 2 brothers were Norwood 2's until their early 40's. My father's father went straight from NW1 to 7 after he got really sick when he was like 40 something, my mother's father was NW2 with diffuse thinning and kept some of his hair after 1 year of chemo, and until his death. No one in my family suffered from hair loss at my age. Both my cousins (24,19) are thick NW1s. Early baldness was not genetic, atleast not for me. No one in my family ever went bald before his 30's, and my grandparents had a sh*t ton of siblings so genetics had quite a chance to f*** things up. Even then, gene expression changes costantly in everyone.

That's it ? That's your agument ? Come on...50 years of genetic, throw it all for a 'feeling' ?
50 years of genetic… WHAT? What the hell is "50 years of genetic"? Are you on drugs dude?
And I'm pretty sure that my body going to sh*t in a few months and taking two months and 3 different antibiotics to recover from pneumonia must have meant something, it's not a feeling, it's pure observation.
I'm not really gonna answer you again unless you turn your brain on when you write. You want to sound scientifically literate but you're talking sh*t and not giving any strong arguments. No hard feelings, just describing what I see.

hairnohair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why does being observant lead to so much bitterness on this forum? Why are we not trying to put the pieces together instead of circling around Brotzu's a**h** waiting for him to sh*t his lotion out?

klerik

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's retarded. I'm sorry to be rude but this is some pro-level talking out of your ***.
My father, and his 2 brothers were Norwood 2's until their early 40's. My father's father went straight from NW1 to 7 after he got really sick when he was like 40 something, my mother's father was NW2 with diffuse thinning and kept some of his hair after 1 year of chemo, and until his death. No one in my family suffered from hair loss at my age. Both my cousins (24,19) are thick NW1s. Early baldness was not genetic, atleast not for me. No one in my family ever went bald before his 30's, and my grandparents had a sh*t ton of siblings so genetics had quite a chance to f*** things up. Even then, gene expression changes costantly in everyone.

That's all anectodal evidence. Both my father and brother have had perfect hairlines all their lives up to 65. They only started diffusing by the time they reached 50,still great hairline though, but sh*t density nowdays, although I wouldn't mind if I was like that at that age.

I started balding slowly at 17 will probably be a nw3 by 30 or worse. Just because somebody in your family was lucky enough to not be bald doesn't mean you will be as lucky. Going bald is genetic there is little matter of dispute in that.

hairnohair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's all anectodal evidence. Both my father and brother have had perfect hairlines all their lives up to 65. They only started diffusing by the time they reached 50,still great hairline though, but sh*t density nowdays, although I wouldn't mind if I was like that at that age.

I started balding slowly at 17 will probably be a nw3 by 30 or worse. Just because somebody in your family was lucky enough to not be bald doesn't mean you will be as lucky. Going bald is genetic there is little matter of dispute in that.

Yeah but if EVERYONE in my family was lucky enough except me, I guess luck is not a factor at play here. Don't know if there's statistical evidence on this but people seem to be balding younger now than they were 20 years ago. Almost all people I know have hairlines far worse than their parents did when they were their age. I'm not asking for you guys to have blind faith in me, I'm just stating what is evident to me. There must be something else to this, I don't know what but genetics are not able to explain this alone. Especially since, for the second time today: "If male pattern baldness was exclusively genetic, we would go bald in a few days right after puberty. No "diffusing", no recession, your hair just miniaturizes all at once in the affected zone after being in contact with androgens. Especially for diffuse thinning, why would half your hair decide to go to sh*t? Hair follicles are genetically identical all over the head. You guys aren't even on the side of scientist-conducted research, you just want me to be wrong.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29046359

Dar

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah but if EVERYONE in my family was lucky enough except me, I guess luck is not a factor at play here. Don't know if there's statistical evidence on this but people seem to be balding younger now than they were 20 years ago. Almost all people I know have hairlines far worse than their parents did when they were their age. I'm not asking for you guys to have blind faith in me, I'm just stating what is evident to me. There must be something else to this, I don't know what but genetics are not able to explain this alone. Especially since, for the second time today: "If male pattern baldness was exclusively genetic, we would go bald in a few days right after puberty. No "diffusing", no recession, your hair just miniaturizes all at once in the affected zone after being in contact with androgens. Especially for diffuse thinning, why would half your hair decide to go to sh*t? Hair follicles are genetically identical all over the head. You guys aren't even on the side of scientist-conducted research, you just want me to be wrong.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29046359

I have a friend who's younger brother has a huge bald spot and he has a full head of hair. Their father has a whole head of hair at 58. (Doesn't mean he won't thin later in life) Anyhow even the thickest heads of hair eventually thin if someone lives long enough. They may die with a full head of hair but it won't be as thick when they were 30. In the end (as far as I'm concerned) it's just a part of aging and some lose more than others.

Last edited:

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Reducing a complex polygenic disease to a "muh no one in my family balded before 30 !, that's not genetic !", "Muh gene expression changes !"

Study of gene expression alteration in male androgenetic alopecia: evidence of predominant molecular signalling pathways
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/bjd.15577

Please, educate yourself a bit, environmental factors are meaningless against DNA expression...after maturity at least, sure, starving an underage teen will result in drastic changes, same as messing with hormones during those important metabolic changes, but you're not...right ?

Everything is related to your damn genome...everything, even your huge denial for Androgenetic Alopecia, you have it, nothing more to say, and you'll have it for life, and that's your parents doing, not your lifestyle, or some random events in your life, and you'll most likely pass it to your children aswell

hairnohair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Reducing a complex polygenic disease to a "muh no one in my family balded before 30 !, that's not genetic !", "Muh gene expression changes !"

Study of gene expression alteration in male androgenetic alopecia: evidence of predominant molecular signalling pathways

Please, educate yourself a bit, environmental factors are meaningless against DNA expression...after maturity at least, sure, starving an underage teen will result in drastic changes, same as messing with hormones during those important metabolic changes, but you're not...right ?

Everything is related to your damn genome...everything, even your huge denial for Androgenetic Alopecia, you have it, nothing more to say, and you'll have it for life, and that's your parents doing, not your lifestyle, or some random events in your life, and you'll most likely pass it to your children aswell
Yeah, I'll pass it to my children, I'll also pass it to everyone I know because everyone goes bald if you give him/her enough time. You cannot prove me wrong on this. You haven't addressed my points. Upregulation and downregulation of genes happens everyday in every part of our bodies, and it happens for a reason. You can find basically EVERY research on male pattern baldness, which shows that successful treaments upregulate growth-related genes and downregulate inflammation-related genes. Does that mean that those substances/practices are altering our DNA? No, it means that those substances are helping the body return to its original state.

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lmao, writing this on hairlosstalk.com where teenagers and people in their early 20s look for a way to at least slow down this disease, is almost comical

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lets define cure: recovering all your hair without any kind of maintenance therapy.

Well yeah, thats really far away. Tsuji seems to be close from solving the donor limitation with his organ regeneration but massification of the tech will take time. Thats the closest thing to a cure, and lets not forget they will have to prove safety which is a big unknown right now.

Higher norwoods that cant have a hair transplant are really fucked. At least for the next decade i think.

Diffuse thinners and lower norwoods have more options to recover some lost hair, being dermarolling with minoxidil a very powerful weapon for this purpose. This line of treatment is likely to be enhaced with a WNT agonist: Samumed drug, Follica novel compound maybe, etc.

For those who still have most of their hair, Avodart and Finasteride can both freeze hairloss, or at least slow it down significantly. They can also use RU or CB, both very good when used in conjunction with the ARIs. That combination should reach castration like levels of DHT at the HF level, almost impossible to lose hair on that.

But have to start really early and very few do that simple thing.

Last edited:

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Of course there weren’t. But there were other things that were “completely new”.
Besides, Tsuji does not propose a cure, but a “workaround”. Which I would want to use immediately... still, not a cure.

Well, that depends on your definition of a “cure”. A “workaround” is a functional cure.
And a functional cure is a cure for most of us :). But I know what you mean.

So after having seen this “cure is coming” circus, are you now hopeful that Tsuji can develop his “cure” and get it to the market within, say, 10 years?

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, that depends on your definition of a “cure”. A “workaround” is a functional cure.
And a functional cure is a cure for most of us :). But I know what you mean.

So after having seen this “cure is coming” circus, are you now hopeful that Tsuji can develop his “cure” and get it to the market within, say, 10 years?

Most likely if you trust their press releases, they are close.
Still, will it give a viable cosmetic result to reach market ? Looking at some current butchers results calling themselves surgeons, i'll personaly wait for a pictures showcase of best cosmetic results to make my mind.
After all this is still a hair transplant

What makes me hopeful is their program to train surgeons for those new techniques, only approved surgeons will be granted to do it...
It's logical, ruining reputation of a huge new breakthrough, and Tsuji's one at thr same time, because of moronic surgeons...bad idea, they will control it

Last edited:

Hate da Bt

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Even if all goes according to plan, OGT won't be available en masse before 2025. And that is the most optimistic timeline.
2018 is ending, March 2019 is less than six months ahead.
Let's see!

Thebaldcel

My Regimen
Reaction score

In what way does the study you linked to support your stance? Did you even read it? The study found increased expression of inflammatory and immune factors in balding men, and also deceased expression of a gene coding for a vitamin D metabolizing enzyme. Tell me how this supports your stance of Androgenetic Alopecia being genetically preprogrammed.

Also lmao at the irony of "Please, educate yourself a bit, environmental factors are meaningless against DNA expression"

Please educate yourself on epigenetics, and how genes are expressed or silenced in response to different conditions.

hairnohair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In what way does the study you linked to support your stance? Did you even read it? The study found increased expression of inflammatory and immune factors in balding men, and also deceased expression of a gene coding for a vitamin D metabolizing enzyme. Tell me how this supports your stance of Androgenetic Alopecia being genetically preprogrammed.

Also lmao at the irony of "Please, educate yourself a bit, environmental factors are meaningless against DNA expression"

Please educate yourself on epigenetics, and how genes are expressed or silenced in response to different conditions.
Don't bother, he's not going to accept facts. He's not even going to read the research he shares. Is arrogance genetic too?