Suppose you could call today a 'bad hair day'

SemperFi

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Brighton, I can obviously relate to your story. I've had complete strangers make rude remarks towards me while uncovered out in public.

Sorry for off-topic, but is this you on avatar pic:

file.php

If so, I really can't understand rude comments, because to me you look like a Jason Statham's brother and I guess there's not much people who would mess around with him. Ergo... :)

On a second thought it may be a thing of social environment. I'm 27 now and I know more and more bald and/or balding guys but I've never heard anyone making jokes of them. Never. And to illustrate this - I've been to Zakinthos a month ago and a guy working at the biggest club there told me how much he liked working with people from my country because they just want to party and follow the club instructions, while one the other hand a big part of English guests acts like animals (trashing the clubs, streets, smart talking to staff...). I'm not saying English people are uneducated morons because I know quite few great English guys and girls, but since we're all humans, it's probably the culture that makes us different in general.

P.s. I also got a balding joke couple of weeks ago. I was just hanging around infront of the club with some friends (and we were pretty drunk already) and a girl friend made a joke about me going bald. There was a friend besides me (to whose crown Propecia made an immense change) who added that he's also probably gonna be bald in a matter of years. I know both of them for many years and we're good friends so there was no hard feelings. I actually felt a bit relieved not having to hide my losing temples infront of her, because I knew she didn't mean anything bad by that. And that's a reason why balding gets easier with years - there's so much more people balding that it isn't that obvious anymore. And if you sport a shaved look and get remarks for that at the same age as I am, that's really a troubling situation and I feel for you, OP.

Obsidian

Reaction score
It is him and it's called BDD, most of have it here in one way or another.

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
Well its that time of year again, a foot of snow outside my house, people everywhere wearing hats.

I joined them myself earlier on, had a hat on for the hour or so I was out of the flat today to do a bit of shopping.

I wasnt surprised to find at least one very cute cashier flirted with me. Also, in the queue for 2 shops, I noticed a girl ahead of me in each making the effort to actually turn around and make eye contact with me (I wasnt always bald, I know that look a mile off..!!), with the smile that shows she likes what she sees. I didnt attempt to make any contact with them the way I would in a bar/club, I know fine it wouldve been a waste of time, I may get slated for saying that on here but its true.

Going bald hasnt ruined my life, its just not as enjoyable, its definitely killed my love life.

Winter just isnt a good time of year for me, my skin gets very pale and with no hairline my head looks quite big, if I wear a hat everything is framed nicely and my good jawline, nose and eyes stand out, without the hat the big white bit at the top stcks out.

Infact one of the worst states I can ever look will be coming up soon, I'm a diffuse thinner and I know for certain I dont get much blood flowing uptop (I've tried needling and scalp exercises, if the blood cant travel there it doesnt matter what I do). When I go from being very warm to very cold, my face goes a bit red sometimes, thing is it goes red on my forehead to form the shape of a perfect NW1 hairline. So even though theres no hair behind the hairline the redness simply stops in a very flat V shape accross the front, just looks a bit freakish for a minute or two before my skin goes back to normal.

f*** all this baldness shite

s.a.f

Reaction score
Its not bloodflow mate. Otherwise you'd be losing it on the whole of your head.

Nene

Reaction score
This is the most depressing thread ever. I hate going bald but I try not to let it get to me. This doesn't mean I lie to myself and say that I can be hot w/o hair. I've accepted the fact that because I am going bald and will be bald, my life is not what it otherwise would've been. But hey, I just focus on other things in my life that don't relate to my appearance. I focus on school, my future career, and my spirituality (I'm buddhist).

Mens Rea

Reaction score
Yeah this all suks and im not going to be the guy who says things are in your head. If you're getting it rough, you're getting it rough

I would say though , keep your head up

It's sh*t for sure but its not the end of the world. You said yourself its hardly ruined your life just taken certain enjoyment away....

why is this? you say...love life right?

So it stops you getting lots of girls' attention and all that, yeah?

I suppose when i finally get "bald" (a few years until consealment is totally out of hte question) i'll not be looking for that lifestyle anymore.

Its true balding for most of our cases make us grow up that little bit faster

Im 25 now, ill probably look about a seirous girlfriend in the near future. I know this sounds shallow but i realise if i wait until 28/29 i could run into trouble

But even, say i shave my head tommorow nad be done with it....i would immediately accept ill get less attention. But you only need one girl. There's plenty of girls out there - hell even if you're hidious some girls even the hoties have hidious taste lol. Personality and alphaness really goes a long way with some girls. So it's about getting them in your enviroments where you are less vunerable (clubs become harder when bald, yes?). The ironic thing is youll likely fine a nicer girl for it.

Anyway, good luck

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
Nene said:
I focus on school, my future career, and my spirituality (I'm buddhist).

if youre a buddhist and on here, i think you need to practice a bit more...

Colin297, cheers for the good luck message and good luck to you too in the future as I think you'll need it, you cannot PLAN to meet a lass for along term relationship, it simply doesnt happen that way. I'm 27 and the longest I've been with a girlfriend was 4 years, lived together for 2, it was about as serious as it got until our paths started heading in different directions. I met her randomly in a club as a student, kissed swapped numbers etc, then met up the following week and from that night to the day we finally called it quits, the longest we went without seeing each other was 2 days.

I'm not saying it cant be done, I'd just love to hear about it being done as I never have, though my advice as a now bald man to somebody just starting down the road.... dont worry about long term partners right now, if you have hair and you're a decent looking lad then go out and find as many women as you can, dont ever let a single one of them who shows interest pass you by, you'll regret it when you get to where I am :innocent:

You are right in saying being a bit alpha and a bit too sure of yourself can work but its no substitute for being good looking. Back when I had a full head of hair it wasnt actually my appearance or style that attracted women it was my attitude as much as anything (might sound like I'm talking out of my arse here and I may well be, but thats what I used to always hear). An ugly guy who doesnt take crap of people, is funny and has a selfish outlook on the world is considered a cocky prick, where as a good looking guy with the same personality is seen as a sex god.

I've no idea how this all works, one thing I will caution against is blaming baldness for all of it, it isnt baldness, its UGLINESS. Going bald doesnt put you in a worse place than an ugly fat guy because he has hair, it just moves you back a few notches closer to them. Going bald makes us more ugly, it doesnt have any other effect, infact we'd probably find better dating and lifestyle advice on a forum dedicated to ugly people than this place.

Nene

Reaction score
Just because I practice Buddhism doesn't mean I'm Buddha himself. Obviously in Buddhism you are supposed to understand the impermanent nature of the body. But it's not like just because you're Buddhist you wake up one day and don't care about your physical appearance, it's a process and takes years of meditating.

Mens Rea

Reaction score
BrightonBaldy said:
Nene said:
I focus on school, my future career, and my spirituality (I'm buddhist).

if youre a buddhist and on here, i think you need to practice a bit more...

Colin297, cheers for the good luck message and good luck to you too in the future as I think you'll need it, you cannot PLAN to meet a lass for along term relationship, it simply doesnt happen that way. I'm 27 and the longest I've been with a girlfriend was 4 years, lived together for 2, it was about as serious as it got until our paths started heading in different directions. I met her randomly in a club as a student, kissed swapped numbers etc, then met up the following week and from that night to the day we finally called it quits, the longest we went without seeing each other was 2 days.

I'm not saying it cant be done, I'd just love to hear about it being done as I never have
, though my advice as a now bald man to somebody just starting down the road.... dont worry about long term partners right now, if you have hair and you're a decent looking lad then go out and find as many women as you can, dont ever let a single one of them who shows interest pass you by, you'll regret it when you get to where I am :innocent:

You are right in saying being a bit alpha and a bit too sure of yourself can work but its no substitute for being good looking. Back when I had a full head of hair it wasnt actually my appearance or style that attracted women it was my attitude as much as anything (might sound like I'm talking out of my arse here and I may well be, but thats what I used to always hear). An ugly guy who doesnt take crap of people, is funny and has a selfish outlook on the world is considered a cocky prick, where as a good looking guy with the same personality is seen as a sex god.

I've no idea how this all works, one thing I will caution against is blaming baldness for all of it, it isnt baldness, its UGLINESS. Going bald doesnt put you in a worse place than an ugly fat guy because he has hair, it just moves you back a few notches closer to them. Going bald makes us more ugly, it doesnt have any other effect, infact we'd probably find better dating and lifestyle advice on a forum dedicated to ugly people than this place.

What do you mean? What done, exactly?

I'm actually "going with" a girl at the moment who i have no doubt i could marry her within the next 2/3 years and live happily ever after. Ive another 2-3 potential long term girlfriends too, one in particular, where, if i wanted i could definately make it into marriage. These girls wouldnt care if i shaved my head or not......

Starting out afresh being bald is obviously harder.

Lastly, you said the selfish cocky bald guy might be a "cocky prick". You're not necessarily wrong. Its all about context. I would say in real life, its probably more benefical for the bald guy to be an alpha but yet be funny and warm thereby achieving the respect as an alpha but not ozzing any "cocky prick" tendancies. A difficult balance sure, but there'll be plenty of time to perfect it if what you say is correct :D

cuebald

Reaction score
An ugly guy goes up to a girl with a witty line and gets laughed at.
A good looking guy goes up to the girl with a lame greeting (if that) and gets the girl anyway.
Ugly guy goes home alone, rinse, repeat.

80% of young NW4+'s are probably ugly, or at least 3-4 "points" below what they would be as a NW1

The only hope if you're NW4+ is the sly look - at least then you look like you've done it for style rather than because you have male pattern baldness. Only a certain subset of girls go for the sly look but it is better than no girls at all. If you don't suit the sly look (I don't being short, skinny, and having the "wrong" facial features) then you are screwed. Wig time.

kejan

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I'm new to the site and ´new´to coping with my hairloss. I am still having a tough time getting used to the shaved look which I´ve decided to opt for as my hair was getting very thin on top along with a Norwood 2.5 (I call it) hairline on the top.

I know how you feel Brighton Baldy. I need to quit wearing hats more than I do, I´m trying to cut back haha makes it sound bad, but I get a lot more looks with a hat on, especially a Beanie/Tammy hat.
In the space of One Week, I went to a Bar on the Monday with the shaved look - No ID and got in straight away. 5 Days later, I came back with the beanie on just to see and yes, I got ID´d that time.

Guarana

Reaction score
I was just reading this post and um, it didnt sound like you the butt of any jokes.. No one makes mean-spirited jokes about people to their face unless their being confrontational... it sounds like the girls were trying to flirt with you.... thats what many women do.. they tease you about whatever, your hair, shoes. If you ran by in the tracksuit and wool cap they might say something like run forest run or whatever. If they really thought you were ugly theyd be like whispering ooh god thats gross to themselves....

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
Guar,

I know when a girl is flirting with me and when she aint, alot of guys exaggerate any female chat and go on to assume everything is flirting, this is why the jokes=she wants you myth persists.