Sydney's Story - (21) - UPDATED PICs PG 5

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm glad I found this site.

I've been dealing with hairloss since 17, and dealing with being hairy since...a really young age. I had a mustache in early 6th grade, and I started grrowing ample amounts of body hair around 13.

Now I'm 21. I'm a mess. I just recently recovered from having abysmal acne, which is now not as bad. But a few years back I started noticing my hairloss. I just said "no way! Not possible" because my dad didn't start balding till his late 30s and my mom has a full head of hair.

But alas, my hair is only getting worse and worse. My hairline recceeds daily it seems. My hair is so thin in the front. I hate it and it's depressing as heck. I just recently turned 21 and had a bday party and looking at the pics from that night I realized I need to do somethinng fast.

It has made me depressed for the past two years. All the comments, looks and everything. It's like the same stares I'd get for my acne back in the day...

So I read up on this forum and saw succcess stories and wow. I'm amazed at the amazing results people have.

I just bought some fincar and it should be here in ten days. I'm going to do the big 3. I'll post update pictures monthly, and later I'll post pics of my hair now.

Wish me luck!

EDIT

FEB 23 2010.

Today is the big day. The fincar came in, and I just the tablets into four pieces. I started minoxidil/nizoral a few days ago. But today I'm popping my first pill. I'm scared to death.

But its worth it. I've been so depressed. Havent been able to sleep well because of this. Havent been able to look people in the eyes. I've been wearing a beanie every day just to hide my hairloss. This is the worst thing to happen next to my crazy bouts of acne.

I cut off most contact with people. I deleted my facebook, and changed privacy settings on AIM to avoid talking to certain people. I need to be alone for this. Well, I'd like the support of the board members here, but thats about it.

I'm seriously hoping by August/September my hair becomes fuller. Here are some pics....I'll update with pics bi monthly.

And I'll definitely respond with any sides I get from this as I know people want to hear about that before taking the drug. I'll also let you know how my mood is effect, and my libido. Just so you know, at the moment I'm very depressed and my sex drive is high. Very very high. I work out 5 days a week as well.

Just so everyone knows, I'm not too concerned with temple regrowth. I'm okay with a mature hairline. My issue is simply thickness. Thats all I want back. Just last week a girl put her hands through my hair and I quickly hit her hand away. Damn shameful.

Here are some pics.

21 years old for exactly a month.

Pulled back

dsc0179yl.jpg

right temple
dsc0176a.jpg

left temple
dsc0174l.jpg

crown
dsc0177w.jpg

more pics
dsc0171il.jpg

dsc0160k.jpg

Here goes nothing...

cernimoz

Reaction score
Re: Sydneys story (21)

Theoretically finasteride will help you with both your problems.

Reaction score
Re: Sydney's Story - (21)

Which problems would it fix? Hairloss and acne or hairloss and body hair?

Also, here are some pictures.

These pictures are from when I'm 19/20. I just turned 21 last week.

hairl.jpg

Can't wait to start , and hopefully see some progress before September...

Draco88

Established Member
Reaction score

Seems that you still have a good chance of regrowth. The big 3 has helped many here, as the topics attest, so hopefully it'll work for you :) Just keep an eye out when your hair starts to shed. That's where your hair falls out a lot more, yet it means that you should expect a new wave of hairs. Then again some people don't even experience this.

Btw where did you buy your Fincar from?

Reaction score

Hey, I purchased my fincar from inhousepharmacy! I have not received it yet, and when it does come in I will take pictures of my hairline and all that.

cernimoz

Reaction score

hair loss and body hair. As far as I know DHT causes hair loss on head(terminal hair->vellus hair) and growth of body hair (vellus hair -> terminal hair)

I hope that I'm right :innocent:

Reaction score

Hey everyone. I just purchased loreal 2 in 1 Vive shampoo and conditioner Daily thickening. Before I actually use it though, is it safe to use and does it yield and
positive results?

Draco88

Established Member
Reaction score

SydneyLosstarot said:
Hey everyone. I just purchased loreal 2 in 1 Vive shampoo and conditioner Daily thickening. Before I actually use it though, is it safe to use and does it yield and
positive results?
I've read on this forum that a number of guys use it and seem to recommend it.

Btw you're in Sydney right? Where did you buy the shampoo from because i've looked in all the pharmacies, supermarkets, priceline, and i can't find the thickening shampoo :\ the only thickening shampoo i saw is by some john freida guy and i don't know about him.

Reaction score

I actually read that too, but I saw that they were talking about the shampoo specifically, not including the conditioner. I'm hoping it's not counter productive....

As for where I'm located...I'm actually in new York. Sydney losstarot is from a video game...haha!

Oh yeah specifically I heard sodium laureth sulfate causes hair loss. Any comments on that? Really don't want to lose any more hair :p

Draco88

Established Member
Reaction score

lol :p a google search shows me who :p thanks anyway..

Btw i don't know anything about sodium laureth sulfate..?

Reaction score

I hear it causes hair loss from some, but then others debunk it. I wouldn't know for sure.

But I can't wait to get the fincar so I can start this!!!

rotsen182

Reaction score

get on meds ASAP since u got a great chance of recovering your hair..
good luck

Reaction score

Ten days. I never get random erections any more, and my sex drive is pretty much gone. And when I do finally want gentlemens time, I canT really get a full erection unless I'm seriously turned on.

This is actually great. :)

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score

I'd like to wish you luck, but have trouble when I see you are choosing generics over brand name Merck finasteride (propecia/proscar). If you can afford it I'd really suggest you get the real thing. Sure, the generics might work, but they might not, and you'll never know if you are a "non responder" or you're taking fakes or unequal doses.

I don't understand how people can pay $75/month for an iPhone and $50/month for cable TV but think paying for propecia is outrageous.

blink

Established Member
Reaction score

stay on treatments for a year if your sides arent too bad. if you ever get down, just look at the success forums over and over haha

Reaction score

treeshrew said:
I'd like to wish you luck, but have trouble when I see you are choosing generics over brand name Merck finasteride (propecia/proscar). If you can afford it I'd really suggest you get the real thing. Sure, the generics might work, but they might not, and you'll never know if you are a "non responder" or you're taking fakes or unequal doses.

I don't understand how people can pay $75/month for an iPhone and $50/month for cable TV but think paying for propecia is outrageous.

I trusted the site(inhousepharmacy) and saw many positive reviews from users that have taken Fincar.

Although I think I may just order some propecia so I don't have to cut in and prevent unequal dosing.