Sydney's Story - (21) - UPDATED PICs PG 5

Reaction score
Re: Sydney's Story - (21)

Hey everyone. Been a month since I started treatment...heres an update.

I still take 1/4 fincar every day. My libido is up again....WAY higher than before I started the medication, which SUCKS actually because I was getting use to being less....you know.

I use minoxidil infrequently, usually once every night, but I've been missing dosages lately on and off.

I use nizoral 2% every other day.

So status update....finasteride sides went away, no noticeable hair growth (only been a month, not expected) and yeah...everything else is fine.

Reaction score

Hey everyone. Been on fincar for 72 days now.

I just felt like updating because my hair has become noticeably thicker. I've been getting compliments on it and everything! I'm actually REALLY happy at the moment.

I'm excited to see what will happen in the upcoming months...if this is a sign of anything to come in the future :)

So far I've been taking

Fincar 1.25 mg a day
Nizoral 2%
MSM

I have not been taking minoxidil/rogaine.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score

So you had bad ball ache for a while? How long?

I started finasteride last sunday but I was annoyed at the CONSTANT ball ache all week so I stopped it and after a couple of days it went away.

I'm not against trying finasteride again...I was just annoyed because most people say they got ball ache here and there, but mine was almost 24/7. If you think it might go away I will probably start again.

Reaction score

TheGrayMan2001 said:
So you had bad ball ache for a while? How long?

I started finasteride last sunday but I was annoyed at the CONSTANT ball ache all week so I stopped it and after a couple of days it went away.

I'm not against trying finasteride again...I was just annoyed because most people say they got ball ache here and there, but mine was almost 24/7. If you think it might go away I will probably start again.

Hey. Yeah in the beginning I had crazy ball aches. It was pretty bad. But it went away eventually, within a week or week and a half. I can't even remember them any more to be honest.

But I had to deal with a decreased libido for a few weeks time, which was very welcomed actually.

That went away within a months time and my libido increased and now I'm fine.

How much finasteride are you taking? Which brand are you taking? I'm not a doctor so I don't want to give advice to others but I will share my experiences....and I must say, I'm very happy I took this drug.

Who thought that within two months time I would have had noticeably thicker hair? I know I didn't.

Just be strong, take the drug, and stay away from the forums for a while, until you get results, so you don't freak yourself out (like I did for the first few weeks). If the ball aches continue, then maybe lowering the dosage for a bit then upping the dosage might work?

Reaction score

Crap. Has anyone had substancial regrowth with just finasteride? My hair is very thick now but it's still gradually recceeding. I cut it short so now it's even more noticeable. Although the hair is thick, it's still few and far between. I guess I should have patience but still....

infamous

Reaction score

SydneyLosstarot said:
Crap. Has anyone had substancial regrowth with just finasteride? My hair is very thick now but it's still gradually recceeding. I cut it short so now it's even more noticeable. Although the hair is thick, it's still few and far between. I guess I should have patience but still....
SydneyLosstarot said:

same here, i'm on proscar 1/5 for 2.5 months so far, shedding is stopped but i don't expect a regrowth with it. i'm afraid of using minoxidil, i don't wanna lose what i have. my hairloss is frontal (receeding like hell) and i'm not sure if minoxidil can fix it.

Reaction score

Hey infamous it seems we are in the same boat(except Ive taken fincar 1/4 for almost four months)

My hairline keeps going back, and it's so f*****g depressing. I see where my hairloss is heading and I can't believe this will be happening before I'm 22. f***.

Sigh. I'm acne prone, balding with a huge forehead, lost vision in my left eye, still have massive amounts of body hair...my confidence is wayyyy down.

If anything I'm gonna have to go for the vin diesel look :/

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score

Just an update, yeah, I decided to take finasteride again after giving it a week off from my first try. After one week, ball ache pretty much completely disappeared. Haven't had any problems since.

I've been on 1/4 for almost a month, I hope to see some progress by 3.

Good luck man, I hope things continue well. I might also try minoxidil soon.

Reaction score

I'm glad to hear you're staying on the finasteride dude! I'm hoping by the end of august (which is 6 months), I'll have some results to boast about. Good luck to you as well!

Reaction score

What the f*** is this. All my hair is falling in the front, and my hairline keeps receeding!

I think I'm just going to start taking minoxidil :(

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score

SydneyLosstarot said:
What the f*ck is this. All my hair is falling in the front, and my hairline keeps receeding!

I think I'm just going to start taking minoxidil :(

That's what I fear will happen to mine.

all the males in my family just about have a receeded hairline, even those that kept their hair it went back a ways, makes me think I will have a hard time keeping it.

If it gets any worse I am buying minoxidil too.

(My hair isn't exactly like yours, but it reminds me of mine)

Vanzzzz

Established Member
Reaction score

How do you even see your hair line receding in a few weeks?

cuebald

Reaction score

Have you ever had any bloodworks done? (specifically, any tests for Testosterone/DHT?)

Reaction score

Hey cue. I see my hairline receeding because I stare at it every day , and compared to the before pictures in this thread, it's worse.

No blood work done. Maybe I should get some done soon...

Reaction score

HAHA. I took some updated pictures with my iPhone. Holy sh*t it's bad. I'm gonna upload them when I get access to a computer (on my iPhone)

anyone take any antidepressents? I have a feeling if the finasteride doesn't work, and the min doesn't work (I'll be taking it next week probably), I'll probably need to get on some or else I won't be able to deal with this at all.

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score

Yes getting on the medications will be a good choice if you see drastic change so quickly. Remember that in the first.. month or so you might get increased hairloss. But in the long run, it's supposed to safe it.

Also, green tea and white mushrooms are natural DHT blockers as well. Try to get those in your diet. Healthy food is important as well, as hairloss can have 3 million causes figurly speaking.

Toppik might also be a good idea in your case.

cuebald

Reaction score

I think you must have very high androgen levels to get those symptoms (body hair, acne, male pattern baldness).
DHT is one way a follicle can be damaged, but even some people on finasteride (which lowers DHT to almost castration levels?) still bald further. I think Testosterone can be another pathway to miniaturization, if your follicles are susceptible to it. Unfortunately, inhibiting Testosterone is one of those "treatment is worse than the disease" situations.
I have barely any body hair and I'm still NW4 so I must just be "blessed" with exceptionally sensitive follicles.

I've been on antidepressants in part due to male pattern baldness, I was on Citalopram and felt alright for a while, but then got much worse and they switched me over to Amitryptiline. I don't obsess about male pattern baldness as much as I did, but tbh, it still bothers me a great deal. I still gotta look in the mirror after all. I mean, I can eat and sleep alright, and in my worst state I could barely eat. I felt down about how I looked compared to all my friends of the same age (22 odd, then), they all looked like teenagers and I look middle aged. They'd get attention from girls, etc. It feels like I must wait 10 years before I am on the same stage as them.
It sounds quite silly when you type it out, compared to other diseases, but you still have to live with it every day, and I'd need drugs much stronger than SSRI's to stop being bothered. If you want to feel extra miserable, go to the "Impact of Hairloss" forum.

Reaction score

It's not silly at all. Appearance matters so much, although I wish it didn't.

Of course confidence outweighs everything, but considering I've felt ugly since a teen I can't say there's much I have in myself.

I'm just hoping by next summer I see some serious regrowth.

And I'm definitely going to get blood work done as soon as possible.

I've been feeling so lethargic for a while too. I'm 21 but have the energy of a 60 year old. It's pretty depressing.

Anyway, thanks for everyone on this forum for
listening to my story...

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score

I can totally see why you're stressed with the situation Cue. NW4 is a pretty nasty status for one of our ages, I can see why some people don't even both with their NW3s, seeing as it "only" means you'll look like you have a big forhead but a bare scalp at the back is not very socially acceptable yet. Society sucks in this regard honestly.

I know a guy who at his 18th was also already a NW4. Possibly heading to 5. He tries really hard to get on good terms with it, and is a very very social guy. Just a little 'weird' (cause of insecurity). I've worked in a supermarket when I met him, and he would always try to get on with casual conversations with my female co-workers and even though they talked friendly to him back, behind his back after work they asked me and another co-worker of mine which he's friendly with if we 'weren't affraid of that man' (note that in my language, people about my age would still be called boys more often, and she deffinatly said man in a way like... a 30 year old) I just answerd that he's just 18 and actually a very cool guy. Which he is, though he does have a gambling and drinking problem... Which I think could be related to how he feels (about his hairloss). The thing is however, that his guy hasn't choose to wear his hair as short as he should... he'd probably look a 1.000.000 times better with a buzz.

Though, there are better chances that you can regrow in the crown area I've heard. If you, cue could get a little hair back there in the back, wear it short and use a consealer say... when you go out, you'd still look acceptable to most girls, and that is what it is about. And some naturally look good with a bare head, don't forget that either. It's also about personality. And if your a strong personality, togheter with a totally shaven look you'd still be able to receive respect from the people in soceity. And in the days you feel worse, it'd be better to wear a cool baseball cap or a beanie or something.