temples

G

mvpsoft said:
The Gardener said:
If you have problems with scalp irritation, then Folligen might do some serious good for you. Folligen attacks the male pattern baldness cycle almost solely from an anti-irritative perspective, which is critical for some people.
According to Dr. Loren Pickart, this is incorrect. He claims that copper peptides enlarge the follicles and stimulate them to produce new cells. As I posted in another thread, I'm using one of Pickart's products on my face and neck, and my beard, which was always scraggly, is now thicker and fuller. So I think Pickart's claims are accurate and that Folligen and Tricomin are regrowth agents.

I just took delivery of the folligen cream for the hairline. So now I use finasteride, nizoral and folligen. I'll see how that goes

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
mvpsoft said:
The Gardener said:
If you have problems with scalp irritation, then Folligen might do some serious good for you. Folligen attacks the male pattern baldness cycle almost solely from an anti-irritative perspective, which is critical for some people.
According to Dr. Loren Pickart, this is incorrect. He claims that copper peptides enlarge the follicles and stimulate them to produce new cells. As I posted in another thread, I'm using one of Pickart's products on my face and neck, and my beard, which was always scraggly, is now thicker and fuller. So I think Pickart's claims are accurate and that Folligen and Tricomin are regrowth agents.
Copper peptides (folligen and tricomin) in general are highly touted for soothing the skin, wound healing, and other happy things, so depending on what you run across text-wise on the web, you could end up with a picture of folligen being a good anti inflammatory or primarily a good regrowth treatment. Both are totally correct.

HairLossTalk.com

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think copper peptides do both. However, some people claim that copper peptides are only a soothing agent, nothing more, and I think that is what is incorrect, to say that they only soothe the skin.

Another thing that Pickart claims is that emu oil is a regrowth agent. He bases that claim not on his own work, but he cites a study conducted by someone else. Most of us think of emu oil as only a soothing agent. But if that study is correct, then we have to adjust our thinking there as well.

Temples

Experienced Member
Reaction score
mvpsoft said:
I think copper peptides do both. However, some people claim that copper peptides are only a soothing agent, nothing more, and I think that is what is incorrect, to say that they only soothe the skin.

Another thing that Pickart claims is that emu oil is a regrowth agent. He bases that claim not on his own work, but he cites a study conducted by someone else. Most of us think of emu oil as only a soothing agent. But if that study is correct, then we have to adjust our thinking there as well.

Have you ever been able to find the abstract of that study? I thought it was conducted on rats.

I'm actually considering some Folligen cream for the hairline & crown if it doesn't turn my head green.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Sorry, but although I think Folligen does help with growth promotion, I would hardly suggest Folligen as a sound solution to the original poster's question, which was:

ryangern said:
Does anyone know any good and proven products that u guys have used that helped YOU thicken your temples as well as get some regrwoth i wish i had a site that told me all about the norwoods so i know what kind i am my recession is not that bad but ts still a recession and itspretty thin, but i am just wandering will anything thickenit up and allow me to actually run my hands thru it thanks again guys

When I think of good and proven products that u guys have used that have 'helped you regrow your temples', Copper Peptides would not be one of them. I would say minoxidil, and spironolactone. The Cu peps help, but if I never took minoxidil and JUST took cu peps, I doubt I would have any regrowth on my temples, as I do now. Just my honest opinion from my personal experience.

I'm not saying the Cu peps are bad, just saying that I would not advise someone to rely on them alone without accompanying medicines to achieve the regrowth he is asking about.

Rust1

Reaction score
minoxidil worked very well for me on the temples. But I had an increase of facial hair when using it this way-I didn't notice that increase when using it soley on the crown. But it was not really noticeable unless I looked up close in the mirror; when I did I could see fine hairs on the cheekbones that weren't there when I used it on top.

ryangern

Reaction score
what is spironolactone??? that u all keep mentioning and where can i get it??