The Cb (breezula [clascoterone]) Community Thread

Screeech

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Seuxin, there are 60 pages of analysis that you are not watching, but thank you for the diagnostic. If you have interest, I have attached the prescription that my dr. gave me. The analysis cost 2200 € and are made in Spain. He is a military doctor, and he stoped the osteoarthritis that my mother had since 15 years ago and my cardiac arrhythmias that I had since 10 years ago. The only medicine that I am not taking is DHT because I didnt find it, but now I found it and I will start next week, and let's see if my hairloss stop. He said that T and DHT have to have a relation 1:10, that's why people who is taking finasteride can't stop hairloss definitely. If you see my analysis, my DHT is very low, and my T is very high, because I was taking finasteride 6 years, and since I stoped 2 years ago, I can't convert T in DHT (that is the main problem of syndrome post-finasteride).

By the other hand, I am using CB 2,5% twice a day since 1 month and 1 week ago, with no results.

So you are taking DHT with the hope it will allow CB to work, and you're not using finasteride or planning on using it?

Interesting about the ratio thing.

I might need to get mine tested again and consider trying finasteride again and re-testing after I've been on it for a bit to see what mine is.

Keep as updated with your experience anyway.

Good luck!

genetico

Reaction score
Hi!
The reasonfor which CB does not produce sexual side effects is because once it passes into the bloodstream, it quickly becomes another metabolite and it has no antiandrogenic power, isn´t it ?
Have you thought about using retinoic acid or dermaroller before using it? I experienced low doses of ru with retinoic acid every other day and the effects on the hair were as if you were using twice the dose of ru at the capillary level and unfortunately at the sexual level.
In the case of CB you would be using a higher dose at the scalp level and you would not have to worry about the side effects, and so you would be saving money

Screeech

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi!
The reasonfor which CB does not produce sexual side effects is because once it passes into the bloodstream, it quickly becomes another metabolite and it has no antiandrogenic power, isn´t it ?
Have you thought about using retinoic acid or dermaroller before using it? I experienced low doses of ru with retinoic acid every other day and the effects on the hair were as if you were using twice the dose of ru at the capillary level and unfortunately at the sexual level.
In the case of CB you would be using a higher dose at the scalp level and you would not have to worry about the side effects, and so you would be saving money

I thought CB didn't cross the blood barrier in the brain and therefore side effects were avoided, but I'm not really into the scientific ins and outs of the stuff I use.

If what I understand is to be the case I think microneedling can possibly result in some side effects because it gets past the blood barrier in the brain and into the bloodstream of the body - I don't know, that's just what I read a couple of times.

I know that Dr Setterfield, the leading expert in microneedling, said that needling .5mm on the face (skin is probably a little bit thinner there) allows for 80% increased topical absorption, so needling a similar depth on the scalp or even using a retinoid would probably increase efficacy close to twofold.

genetico

Reaction score
extracted from the cassiopea page:
Cassiopea believes that topical Clascoterone (Breezula®) will not have the contraindications and safety warnings of the orally administered androgen modulator approved for the treatment of men with Androgenetic Alopecia. Clascoterone does not interfere with the hormonal and, in particular, testosterone profiles of male subjects; libido and sexual behavior changes have not been observed in clinical trials to date. Clascoterone is quickly metabolized to cortexolone, a naturally occurring metabolite found throughout all human tissues, cells, blood and urine; cortexolone’s safety and metabolic fate are well characterized. Due to its rapid metabolism and local activity, Clascoterone does not produce systemic side effects.

Screeech

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
extracted from the cassiopea page:
Cassiopea believes that topical Clascoterone (Breezula®) will not have the contraindications and safety warnings of the orally administered androgen modulator approved for the treatment of men with Androgenetic Alopecia. Clascoterone does not interfere with the hormonal and, in particular, testosterone profiles of male subjects; libido and sexual behavior changes have not been observed in clinical trials to date. Clascoterone is quickly metabolized to cortexolone, a naturally occurring metabolite found throughout all human tissues, cells, blood and urine; cortexolone’s safety and metabolic fate are well characterized. Due to its rapid metabolism and local activity, Clascoterone does not produce systemic side effects.

Only thing: "Due to its rapid metabolism and local activity, Clascoterone does not produce systemic side effects.

I had read that microneedling disrupts the "localised" effect of it and makes it somewhat systemic which can possibly produce side effects.

Once again though, I don't know. I'm not into the sciencey stuff.

Only way to really know for yourself is to try it out and see what happens.

jared garnith

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Going on 2 months now, and not much in terms of regrowth. Can’t even tell if I’m Maintaining but at this point I would say not really. Hoping that it will slowly get better in the coming months like finasteride. Although my itch is almost completely gone so that’s a sign.
what dosage of cb are you using?

jared garnith

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi!
Yeah it's metabolized into a substance that naturally occurs in the body, and I had the same idea about using retinoic acid with a dermaroller, I think light dermaroling would be the best as to only help increase absorption to the follicle but not to the blood stream, II've also thought about using dmso but maybe that'd be a little bit extra

MedicinallyCompetent

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I took pictures today to compare with old pictures because I got a little impatient. I'm currently at the 11th week mark of treatment. Unfortunately I had further recession of my hairline, and more diffuse loss compared to baseline.

I'll upload pictures in a couple weeks at the official 3 month mark.

My plan at this point is to double the dose for my remaining medication and see if there are any changes at 4 months. I'm debating if I want to continue treatment beyond 4 months to the 6-8 month period or not given further recession and the associated cost. This is my last ditch effort because after this it's just going to be clean shaven.

jared garnith

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I took pictures today to compare with old pictures because I got a little impatient. I'm currently at the 11th week mark of treatment. Unfortunately I had further recession of my hairline, and more diffuse loss compared to baseline.

I'll upload pictures in a couple weeks at the official 3 month mark.

My plan at this point is to double the dose for my remaining medication and see if there are any changes at 4 months. I'm debating if I want to continue treatment beyond 4 months to the 6-8 month period or not given further recession and the associated cost. This is my last ditch effort because after this it's just going to be clean shaven.
what dosage are you using?

carvo08

My Regimen
Reaction score
2.67% once daily every day.

For the last four weeks I started doing it at night as well on temples and crown area about 3-4x/week in addition to the morning dose.
Give it time. Wait for the month 8 at least.
2.67% is a low dose. Half of their lowest..
In Addition are you continuing with Minoxidil? Do you know that you CAN'T stop it... do you?

MedicinallyCompetent

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Give it time. Wait for the month 8 at least.
2.67% is a low dose. Half of their lowest..
In Addition are you continuing with Minoxidil? Do you know that you CAN'T stop it... do you?
Their greatest results were at six months. Beyond that results worsened. Waiting longer than six months doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Also I'm above half the lowest dose which was 2.5 BID. I'm at 2.7ish and BID half the week.

I apply minoxidil daily still.

carvo08

My Regimen
Reaction score
Their greatest results were at six months. Beyond that results worsened. Waiting longer than six months doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Also I'm above half the lowest dose which was 2.5 BID. I'm at 2.7ish and BID half the week.

I would not give up. Keep strong. Give it time.
Did finasteride or any 5ARi or AR blocker worked previously in your case?

jared garnith

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Do you know if the results appearing to get worse after the 6 month mark could be due to seasonal changes?