The tale of Yaas - (pics.)

G

Hello, my name is Martin and I'm twenty-one, well, in four days. I'm from Iowa and I'm balding, obviously :p . Anyway, my father had a full head of hair at age sixty-five, shame I don't. Oddly I'm exactly like him in almost every way, genes are so annoying.

My hair used to be so thick that the hair dressers used to take turns when I was a lad, I miss that. Thinning started about late age eighteen, my hair was so thick I didn't really notice it until my scalp started showing up on my right side. The funny thing is I almost never see any hair falling out, I just don't get it, I barely even get a hair in my hand while showering. :shock:

Hobbies of mine include, hiking, fishing, reading, video games, camping, history, and sword collecting/studying. Sadly, depression has dampered my desire to do anything along those lines, I'm pretty sure hair loss has played a part. On a side note, my mother wasted years of hair loss time, probably like alot of you, she refused to "get" it. "You still have hair", they say, umm, yea, no S*#@, but I want to keep it!! At last, I'm starting a regimen after all this time lost, I'm not to bad really, well, I'm not great either. It's very thin at the temples and the crown is thinning badly now.

I started out with time wasters like alot of you. Nioxin shampoo and conditioner were my only treaments for like, a year, then Nioxin pills and topical stuff, thankfully I woke up and just ordered real help today. My new regimen is as follows.

Revivogen scalp therapy.
Folligen.
Revivogen and Nizoral shampoo.
Nioxin Conditioner. (does that count?) :wink:

Pics taken 16th of May 2007. Hopefully I'll undate with good results in about six months.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r202/Yealdin/Hair002.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r202/Yealdin/Hair001.jpg

Stu85

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi there, good to see you're starting early. But what about DHT inhibition? It should be the most important part of your regimen. I'd seriously recommend you start finasteride or dutasteride.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
Re: The tale of Yaas. (pics.)

Yaas said:
Hello, my name is Martin and I'm twenty-one, well, in four days. I'm from Iowa and I'm balding, obviously :p . Anyway, my father had a full head of hair at age sixty-five, shame I don't. Oddly I'm exactly like him in almost every way, genes are so annoying.

My hair used to be so thick that the hair dressers used to take turns when I was a lad, I miss that. Thinning started about late age eighteen, my hair was so thick I didn't really notice it until my scalp started showing up on my right side. The funny thing is I almost never see any hair falling out, I just don't get it, I barely even get a hair in my hand while showering. :shock:

Hobbies of mine include, hiking, fishing, reading, video games, camping, history, and sword collecting/studying. Sadly, depression has dampered my desire to do anything along those lines, I'm pretty sure hair loss has played a part. On a side note, my mother wasted years of hair loss time, probably like alot of you, she refused to "get" it. "You still have hair", they say, umm, yea, no S*#@, but I want to keep it!! At last, I'm starting a regimen after all this time lost, I'm not to bad really, well, I'm not great either. It's very thin at the temples and the crown is thinning badly now.

I started out with time wasters like alot of you. Nioxin shampoo and conditioner were my only treaments for like, a year, then Nioxin pills and topical stuff, thankfully I woke up and just ordered real help today. My new regimen is as follows.

Revivogen scalp therapy.
Folligen.
Revivogen and Nizoral shampoo.
Nioxin Conditioner. (does that count?) :wink:

Pics taken 16th of May 2007. Hopefully I'll undate with good results in about six months.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r202/Yealdin/Hair002.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r202/Yealdin/Hair001.jpg

No offense...but your regimen is very weak.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
If you do have male pattern baldness, only big 3 can really help you.

Trust me, I tried almost everything already...

G

I was under the impression Revivogen was a DHT blocker... Why do I get the feeling that guys here want other guys to take finasteride so they don't feel so bad about sticking that filth in themselves?

Sorry but bald>limp penis...

G

I know Fins' side effects aren't set in stone, but honestly, I'm 21 and haven't been with to many ladies...better not chance it yet...maybe after I actually use it I'll risk it. Didn't mean any offense...but this crap is so damn expensive as it is, and finasteride is even moooooreeee!!.....

Chemical J

Established Member
Reaction score
hair today gone tomorrow said:
im 23...listen...without finasteride or dutasteride...you basically have no chance at any long term maintence...so you decide.

Agreed.

You won't get any where without finasteride or dutasteride in your regimen

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
Yaas said:
I know Fins' side effects aren't set in stone, but honestly, I'm 21 and haven't been with to many ladies...better not chance it yet...maybe after I actually use it I'll risk it. Didn't mean any offense...but this crap is so d*** expensive as it is, and finasteride is even moooooreeee!!.....

and finasteride would be cheaper than the regimen you have right now....not to mention easier and more effective.

cmudave

Established Member
Reaction score
hair today gone tomorrow said:
Yaas said:
I know Fins' side effects aren't set in stone, but honestly, I'm 21 and haven't been with to many ladies...better not chance it yet...maybe after I actually use it I'll risk it. Didn't mean any offense...but this crap is so d*** expensive as it is, and finasteride is even moooooreeee!!.....

and finasteride would be cheaper than the regimen you have right now....not to mention easier and more effective.

Hairtoday is right finasteride would be cheaper and way more effective, I wouldnt put my faith in the regimen you have.

I would put zero faith in nioxin I used it for about half of a year before i knew anything about hairloss and it didnt do anything....i've not once heard of any positive testimonies from it either except for along the lines of..."i knew a guy who knew a guy who's cousins roomate used it and it worked for him" The folligen is good....but mainly only to maintain healthy scalp condition, especially when using topicals helping to increase their effectiveness. Nizoral is good. And revivogen is good...but only when you are using it in combination with powerful regimen consisting of finasteride or rogaine. I wouldnt use it as a stand alone for a DHT blocker. If you are afraid of using internals for a DHT blocker then you should check into spironolactone cream. Rogaine or Spectral DNC would also be powerful tools in your regimen to promote growth. I wish you the best man

Stu85

Established Member
Reaction score
Yaas said:
Why do I get the feeling that guys here want other guys to take finasteride so they don't feel so bad about sticking that filth in themselves?

Sorry but bald>limp penis...

:lol:

Fine.

Believe all the hypochondriacs and their "Waaa! finasteride made me impotent! Waaa! Finasteride gave me boobs! Waaa! Finasteride killed my dog, raped my mother, and flew a couple of planes into the twin towers!"

Enjoy your baldness...

Oh, and generic Finasteride is dirt cheap.

Andyuk2007

Reaction score
hmm i think stu said what i felt actually, yaas for any chance of reversing your receding hairline you need to take a DHT inhibator otherwise the DHT will continue to kill off your hair follicles one by one, however taking a DHT inhibator will allow the hair follicles to in a sense regenerate.

Without a DHT inhibator your hair will continue to recede, its your choice

G

Thanks for the replies, but I'm still stuck on what to do.

Ok, so my regimen sucks, fine, but I can't find spironolactone cream anywhere, checked google, maybe I spelled it wrong? I found the Spectral DNC though, interesting, never seen it before, so basically that's a stronger Rogain? But it doesn't block DHT correct?

Anyway, I really don't want to use finasteride, I believe safer products should be tried first, not the other way around, but that's just me. So, what should I do? Is this spironolactone cream a DHT blocker? If so, than how does spironolactone, Spectral DNC, and Nizoral sound?

Lmao, I've changed my regimen like seven times already..wtf is the solution..

G

Nevermind, I found info on spironolactone cream, interesting. spironolactone, minoxidil, Nizoral? Will that work? :wink:

Stu85

Established Member
Reaction score
Yaas said:
Thanks for the replies, but I'm still stuck on what to do.

Ok, so my regimen sucks, fine, but I can't find spironolactone cream anywhere, checked google, maybe I spelled it wrong? I found the Spectral DNC though, interesting, never seen it before, so basically that's a stronger Rogain? But it doesn't block DHT correct?

Anyway, I really don't want to use finasteride, I believe safer products should be tried first, not the other way around, but that's just me. So, what should I do? Is this spironolactone cream a DHT blocker? If so, than how does spironolactone, Spectral DNC, and Nizoral sound?

Lmao, I've changed my regimen like seven times already..wtf is the solution..

I think you can buy Dr Lee's topical spironolactone from minoxidil.com - I have no idea how effective it is though.

Correct. Spec DNC is contains minoxidil (just like rogaine) and some other goodies, but no, it doesn't block DHT - as far as I know. There is no data on how DNC and Rogaine compare though, so it's hard to say if it's much better - it's certainly more expensive though!

Well, as far as drugs go Finasteride is probably one of the safest. But since you seem fed up of hearing about it, I'll shut up. One last thing though, for what it's worth, after 7 months I am currently experiencing no side-effects. And as I really want to keep my hair, I'm considering Dutasteride!

And as far as I'm concerned, proven products should be tried first. :p

[/preaching]

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
Yaas said:
Nevermind, I found info on spironolactone cream, interesting. spironolactone, minoxidil, Nizoral? Will that work? :wink:

TIME is not on your side...you dont have time to dilly dally with the BS treatments....the sooner you start the better.

are you gonna apply spironolactone cream all over your head? if you plan on doing that good luck.

I find it easer to take a pill before i go to bed every night :)

G

Meh, this place is a giant finasteride commercial, I'll think about it though, perhaps I'll take it. Oh and WoW, your name is for noobs, I bet you're a horde aren't you? All choobs, all of em.

Andyuk2007

Reaction score
Yaas said:
Meh, this place is a giant finasteride commercial, I'll think about it though, perhaps I'll take it. Oh and WoW, your name is for noobs, I bet you're a horde aren't you? All choobs, all of em.
if you read on the success stories you will see that most of the people take finasteride, you just cant see that just taking these lotions and crap is gonna regrow your hair, it wont! you need a DHT blocker to allow your hair follicles to grow again.

your just not seeing it that creams and lotions alone wont regrow your hair