The ultimate sacrifice, my hair or my motivation

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have 2 options and neither are that great. i have to decide whether to start working out, probably speeding up the hair loss OR delaying it by not being as healthy and motivational Do I give in and accept my fate that I can build muscle and allow myself to be more driven by testerstone at the expense of my own confidence. Or do I keep my hair for as long as possible

I found the last 2 years I struggled with fatigue and a lack of motivation. And while I can't say for certain why that is, i know that when I work out it really does improve my energy levels and motivation. Its just it also speeds up my receding hairline too. pretty damn quick too because I do get the male pattern baldness itch after a work out and it really does some damage that leaves me with so much regret.

I tried all the DHT blockers you can think of and they all gave me the Male Pattern Baldness itch. And sadly may also have made my hair more sensitive to DHT. How unfair is that for such ambition I had to try and stop it.

So for the last few years I have been careful in trying to delay the receding as much as possible. So I never went to the gym and avoided a lot of things increased receding. But recently I feel like I'm in a tough spot, Because

I don't feel attractive and I'm afraid to be even less attractive by going bald or needing to shave my head. Im not in a relationship, I haven't had much luck in that area for some reason. and I'm not ready to feel unattractive by women. Which society seems to suggest

Arthurandsam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Itching is a good sign it's because follicule grow up through the skin

cuckthorn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have 2 options and neither are that great. i have to decide whether to start working out, probably speeding up the hair loss OR delaying it by not being as healthy and motivational Do I give in and accept my fate that I can build muscle and allow myself to be more driven by testerstone at the expense of my own confidence. Or do I keep my hair for as long as possible

I found the last 2 years I struggled with fatigue and a lack of motivation. And while I can't say for certain why that is, i know that when I work out it really does improve my energy levels and motivation. Its just it also speeds up my receding hairline too. pretty damn quick too because I do get the male pattern baldness itch after a work out and it really does some damage that leaves me with so much regret.

I tried all the DHT blockers you can think of and they all gave me the Male Pattern Baldness itch. And sadly may also have made my hair more sensitive to DHT. How unfair is that for such ambition I had to try and stop it.

So for the last few years I have been careful in trying to delay the receding as much as possible. So I never went to the gym and avoided a lot of things increased receding. But recently I feel like I'm in a tough spot, Because

I don't feel attractive and I'm afraid to be even less attractive by going bald or needing to shave my head. Im not in a relationship, I haven't had much luck in that area for some reason. and I'm not ready to feel unattractive by women. Which society seems to suggest
This is crazy logic. I'd suggest just getting on anxiety meds or something.

cuckthorn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No no its not. its inflammation and inflammation is not good for the scalp.

How is it crazy logic? Tell me how I'm wrong plz.
You're sacrificing working out to postpone hair loss. First of all, there is zero evidence that working out speeds up male pattern baldness. Secondly, exercise is the foundation of any truly happy life. Sedentary people are more miserable and unhealthy than active bald depressed people

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You're sacrificing working out to postpone hair loss. First of all, there is zero evidence that working out speeds up male pattern baldness. Secondly, exercise is the foundation of any truly happy life. Sedentary people are more miserable and unhealthy than active bald depressed people

But there is evidence. it boosts testosterone and that's converted to DHT. DHT eats at the hair follicles. Isn't this known?

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Do you have any studies you can site on this one?

I mean, i ain't going to give you studies or trials on mice reports. but I did think this was common knowledge for anyone who wants to stop hairloss. DHT blockers are the common ways to stop hairloss. When you block the binding of DHT you will have more testosterone. Other methods are to reduce your testosterone to reduce the DHT. Which isn't the most healthy way to go, but people do it when desperate.

And exercise increases testosterone, Which has a lot of positive benefits. Its also helps boost your muscles and helps with endorphins and stuff.

cuckthorn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean, i ain't going to give you studies or trials on mice reports. but I did think this was common knowledge for anyone who wants to stop hairloss. DHT blockers are the common ways to stop hairloss. When you block the binding of DHT you will have more testosterone. Other methods are to reduce your testosterone to reduce the DHT. Which isn't the most healthy way to go, but people do it when desperate.

And exercise increases testosterone, Which has a lot of positive benefits. Its also helps boost your muscles and helps with endorphins and stuff.
How is it common knowledge if it's not scientifically proven?

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score

Bro ur going bald no matter what. So what if u speed it up a little bit in the gym?? Ur still gonna be bald man eventually so go and get jacked. Im using finasteride and RU58841 to take care of that T. Maybe even add low dose estrogen to reduce the increase in T from finasteride.

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro ur going bald no matter what. So what if u speed it up a little bit in the gym?? Ur still gonna be bald man eventually so go and get jacked. Im using finasteride and RU58841 to take care of that T. Maybe even add low dose estrogen to reduce the increase in T from finasteride.
Grandma can't stop thinking about estrogen.. if you weren't dumb you'd know that high testosterone aromatizes into estrogen by itself, you're looking for an excuse to transition

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How is it common knowledge if it's not scientifically proven?
Lol that is literally basic knowledge, if you take hrt and Finasteride you will need to take higher estrogen dosage to fully suppress testosterone because finasteride makes it so much higher. If it can't convert to dht you're left with more testosterone

cuckthorn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol that is literally basic knowledge, if you take hrt and Finasteride you will need to take higher estrogen dosage to fully suppress testosterone because finasteride makes it so much higher. If it can't convert to dht you're left with more testosterone
What is "literally basic knowledge"? Having a masters degree in biology, I tend to lean more towards substantial scientific data shown through large controlled studies. Show me a study that shows that exercising increases DHT production.