Thediffuser's Story - ( 30 / finasteride only - 20 months update )

floatingfm

Reaction score
Re: Thediffuser's Story - ( 30 / finasteride only - 16.5 months update )

Hey folks! Here's my 16.5 months update.

Last couple of months where pretty good. I don't recall any itching or at least I don't notice it anymore. Still count the falling hairs and still have good and bad days but I manage.

Overall I think it's beginning to look like I might have success keeping what I have for a good long while.

On the training front, except from the fact that I've been the victim of a pesky tendinitis in one of my shoulders, I've gained some weight and am generally feeling good about myself. Better than my teenage days at least. Plus I don't even remember being sick at all so I think that speaks volume on a healthy lifestyle :)

Cheers guys!

Attachments

• IMAG0355.jpg
    IMAG0355.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 180
  • IMAG0371.jpg
    IMAG0371.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 179
Reaction score

Have you put on any extra weight or does your chest or nipple fell more puffy? and also how is the Libido holding up?

floatingfm

Reaction score

HairPlzzComeBack said:
Have you put on any extra weight or does your chest or nipple fell more puffy? and also how is the Libido holding up?

Libido's pretty much the way it was. No puffy nipples or chest. The weight I put on is pretty much muscle at this point.

I've heard that it might be harder to have a leaner body fat % on finasteride though. Might be true since I have more trouble getting rid of this "baby fat" but I'm not 20 anymore, no monk on the diet front either and I work on a chair in an office so there's lots of factors coming into play here.

floatingfm

Reaction score
Month 20.

The 2 years threshold is coming fast and TBI, I'm a little scared.

I'm going through a rough patch also so I'll keep it quick since I don't want to sound like a whining b**ch.

No change. Same libido, same amount of hair lost (maybe less), overall I _think_ there's improvement.

Still have faith in keeping what I have for a long time. I'm not quite considering minoxidil just yet.

Cheers guys.

Attachments

• IMAG0387.jpg
    IMAG0387.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 189
  • IMAG0389.jpg
    IMAG0389.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 177
T

TravisB

To me it seems that you have improved. finasteride thickened your hair and possibly made the hairline better.

floatingfm

Reaction score

TravisB said:
To me it seems that you have improved. finasteride thickened your hair and possibly made the hairline better.

This made my day.

Thanks for the input :)

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm a diffuser. Looks better to me (I am a quick scanner and had problems following your post, but). I use msm powder to. And nioxin vits. Has helped me alot. I'm going to add saw palmetto extract, as it's helped some others. OH and let me add, LOVE your curls (I'm a girl!)

floatingfm

Reaction score
rwhairlosstalk said:
I'm a diffuser. Looks better to me (I am a quick scanner and had problems following your post, but). I use msm powder to. And nioxin vits. Has helped me alot. I'm going to add saw palmetto extract, as it's helped some others. OH and let me add, LOVE your curls (I'm a girl!)

Yeah thanks for the suggestion. I guess I'll edit the first post and do a recap there!

lol and thanks for the compliment also :) Best of luck with your treatment!

jimjams

Reaction score
Hi mate, considering you have been losing since you were 24 I am impressed to see that not only have you maintained, I can see regrowth. It is a tough battle!

Strange as your story is similar to me. Girlfriend left me just over a year ago, was already fighting hairloss at that point, but it smashed my confidence even more. I am now going to the gym and working hard to keep my mind focused, but the extra stress certainly does not help your hair!

Anyway, thanks for keeping us updated... it still gives me hope at 32!

floatingfm

Reaction score
jimjams said:
Hi mate, considering you have been losing since you were 24 I am impressed to see that not only have you maintained, I can see regrowth. It is a tough battle!

Strange as your story is similar to me. Girlfriend left me just over a year ago, was already fighting hairloss at that point, but it smashed my confidence even more. I am now going to the gym and working hard to keep my mind focused, but the extra stress certainly does not help your hair!

Anyway, thanks for keeping us updated... it still gives me hope at 32!

Hey thanks for the feedback! I'm psyched about all the positive comments I've been getting.

Had a few dates with a girl recently and she kept fiddling with my hair. You have no idea how awesome that feels after that 6 years roller coaster this thing has put me through.

I don't want to cry wolf and declare this a win. These last pictures might have to do with my shitty cellphone's cam or some difference in lighting but things are looking up for sure and people really aren't noticing except me.

I hear you man. I'm in the exact same spot (I'm well over my ex though... don't know if you are too). The real trouble begins when you begin to pressure yourself to achieve more. Whatever you do, try not to fall into that trap and you'll be fine. Get out there, keep busy, always focus on the big picture and be disciplined about it. No buts, no maybes, not if you can help it.

Cheers! Best of luck!