Thinking I should drop Fincar. Questions about spironolactone.

Sir Guy of Frizzbourne

Established Member
Reaction score
Am I the only person here who can't find this 5% $30 spironolactone on genhair.com? I'd be very grateful if someone would help me with this. All I see $90.

Jm0311

Reaction score
thx radio raheem

im not going to get in the finasteride yet...going to try what u were saying

do u apply spironolactone after the foam?

Beethoven

Established Member
Reaction score
Sir Guy of Frizzbourne said:
Am I the only person here who can't find this 5% $30 spironolactone on genhair.com? I'd be very grateful if someone would help me with this. All I see $90.

(90$)/(3 containers)=30$ per container (which is same size as Dr Lee's 30$ container).

so basically genhair and Lee sell the same stuff for the same price.
most people say it's good for 2 months more or less, so it's about 15$ per month.

Sir Guy of Frizzbourne

Established Member
Reaction score
Ohh, thanks. I didn't realize it was 3 for $90. Still, it seems a little scamish that both Genhair and Dr. Lee make you buy such a large quantity if you want any at all. I know results take time, but if you spend all this money on 3 months worth, and you end up having some allergic scalp reaction, then you've got two more containers that you normally would not have bought. I guess there's always ebay. Then there's Dr. Lee's first time consultation fee. Bullshit. So can anyone actually say from experience that this stuff actually does anything?

beaner

Reaction score
Ohh, thanks. I didn't realize it was 3 for $90. Still, it seems a little scamish that both Genhair and Dr. Lee make you buy such a large quantity if you want any at all.

Huh? Dr Lee sells individual 2oz containers for 30 bucks.
I guess there's always ebay.

No, you won't find spironolactone cream on e-bay

Then there's Dr. Lee's first time consultation fee. Bullshit.

spironolactone is a prescription drug and Dr Lee is required by law to provide a consultation and dispense via prescription. The 20 dollar consulation fee is nothing since after that you can buy whatever you want from his site forever and he will also answer any questions you have within 24 hours.

I would personally trust Lee's spironolactone over Genhair which always seemed shady to me. Maybe simply because Lee is an actual MD and Genhair could be a bunch of guys mixing stuff in their basement for all anyone knows. I've been using Lee's on my temples and hairline since last spring and along with finasteride/minoxidil they are doing beautifully.

Sir Guy of Frizzbourne

Established Member
Reaction score
I was referring more to the fact that I could sell the spironolactone on ebay if I have an allergic reaction, but maybe they won't let you do that since it's a prescription drug (I'm sure I could sell it here). I know what you mean about genhair seeming shady though, but I think Dr. Lee is pretty shady too. For all we know, he could just be some random guy pretending to be a doctor in CA. I mean, has anyone met the guy personally? I just think a real doctor would be able to afford a much more professional looking website. I mean, it looks like some kid who just took a high school graphic design class made that websight. In fact, a kid in a high school graphic design class could really even make better.

beaner

Reaction score
but I think Dr. Lee is pretty shady too. For all we know, he could just be some random guy pretending to be a doctor in CA. I mean, has anyone met the guy personally?

Yes, there was a poster here, actually, that had an in office consulation with Dr Lee and posted about it..you can probably still find it. Dr Lee is definitely a real doctor, of that there is no doubt. I agree, he may be a bit shady with his claims about azelaic acid and such, but as far as his products are concerned, I at least trust that his do contain what he says they contain and are professionally compounded and with Genhair who knows? I agree about Lee's website though, he definitely needs to revamp it.

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
beaner said:
Ohh, thanks. I didn't realize it was 3 for $90. Still, it seems a little scamish that both Genhair and Dr. Lee make you buy such a large quantity if you want any at all.

[quote="Sir Guy of Frizzbourne":40cea] I guess there's always ebay.

spironolactone is a prescription drug and Dr Lee is required by law to provide a consultation and dispense via prescription. The 20 dollar consulation fee is nothing since after that you can buy whatever you want from his site forever and he will also answer any questions you have within 24 hours.

I would personally trust Lee's spironolactone over Genhair which always seemed shady to me. Maybe simply because Lee is an actual MD and Genhair could be a bunch of guys mixing stuff in their basement for all anyone knows. I've been using Lee's on my temples and hairline since last spring and along with finasteride/minoxidil they are doing beautifully.[/quote:40cea]

Prescription? I just bought "205 Spironolactone lotion 5%, without propylene glycol, 2 Oz " from dr less website and was never asked for any prescription, did I buy the wrong stuff?

Also, if I just use this at the temples and hairline, can I still receed behind these areas?

beaner

Reaction score
haunted-ballroom said:
Prescription? I just bought "205 Spironolactone lotion 5%, without propylene glycol, 2 Oz " from dr less website and was never asked for any prescription, did I buy the wrong stuff?

Also, if I just use this at the temples and hairline, can I still receed behind these areas?

Where are you located? The consultation is only required for the US. If you are in the US you will get an email indicating your order has been cancelled and that you need to do a consultation. If you're anywhere else you can order whatever you want.

JohnnySeville

Established Member
Reaction score
beaner said:

[quote="Sir Guy of Frizzbourne":adef0] I guess there's always ebay.

I would personally trust Lee's spironolactone over Genhair which always seemed shady to me. Maybe simply because Lee is an actual MD and Genhair could be a bunch of guys mixing stuff in their basement for all anyone knows. I've been using Lee's on my temples and hairline since last spring and along with finasteride/minoxidil they are doing beautifully.[/quote:adef0]

I can personally vouch for the Genhair spironolactone. I have been using it for about a month now and love it. I tried out Lee's spironolactone, since my friend had it and it is night and day difference. Believe me, it is better. Its like comparing Rogaine solution to the new Foam, its superior.

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
beaner said:
haunted-ballroom said:

Where are you located? The consultation is only required for the US. If you are in the US you will get an email indicating your order has been cancelled and that you need to do a consultation. If you're anywhere else you can order whatever you want.

haha thats awesome! Im in ireland.

Jm0311

Reaction score
well i doubt genhairs is fake...gonna get some soon...how do u like it? working well?

RadioRaheem

Established Member
Reaction score
Jm0311 said:
thx radio raheem

im not going to get in the finasteride yet...going to try what u were saying

do u apply spironolactone after the foam?

No problem.

And yes, I apply the spironolactone after the foam. But I apply it like at least 15 or 30 minutes after applying the Foam.

Sir Guy of Frizzbourne

Established Member
Reaction score
Doesn't Genhair take like a week to come in the mail? I ordered mine Sunday, so I'm thinking it should be here Monday of next week. Does this sound about right? I know I sound impatient, but I was kind of hoping it would be here today (Friday). Waiting for this stuff has made this the longest week ever.

RadioRaheem

Established Member
Reaction score
11andy11 said:
so can you answer me what spironolactone 5% cream is better genhair.com or minoxidil.com or lipoxidol.com or maybe wholesalehairproducts.com ?

Genhair.com -- plus it has ingredients that the others do not have (retin-a, caffeine, rosemary oil, menthol). Also, I dont know anyone who has used the version @ lipoxidol.com

Rage

Established Member
Reaction score
My switch from oral finasteride -> spironolactone (5%) was met with absolute failure. I hope you guys have more luck :/

IBM

Reaction score
Rage said:
My switch from oral finasteride -> spironolactone (5%) was met with absolute failure. I hope you guys have more luck :/

What was your gains with oral spironolactone and why you quit it?