Tom Cruise in thinning for sure now

Healthy Nick

Established Member
Reaction score
I was just watching TV, and Tom Cruise is definitly thinning. I remember there being a debate about this, and I thought he wasn't, but he is. It will be interesting to wactch his progress and sees if he gets any procedures done in the future.

Resultsnottypical

Established Member
Reaction score
proof

i would have to see proof of that. hopefully for him, he will get on finasteride and minoxidil asap, if he hasn't already.

i think it's interesting that everyone thinks every actor who was thinning who now has at least a "better" hairline, got "work done" (transplants) instead of the possibility that they use Rogaine and/or Propecia. You think you are seeing them in one thing and then "wow, I saw them on TV and now they have hair" but the truth is, the time between when you see them in a released movie, and then on some Access Hollywood show, or Academy Awards can be more than 6 months. Plenty of time for the big three to work.

MidnightFlyer

Established Member
Reaction score
Maybe he should pay Ben Affleck a visit, and find out where he got his System, and then do the same thing. Ben has a great toupe.

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I mean the guy is definately losing hair, look at him in "The Color Of Money" - he had so much hair back then its crazy.

But its falling out at a very slow pace and he will still have a great head of hair for another decade even without treatment.

Thinning Sucks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
6091_cruise00466.jpg

supernova

Established Member
Reaction score
That picture shows minimal if any thinning.

I don't think Cruise needs to worry about hair loss for another few years.

Green Soap

Established Member
Reaction score
On top of that, I'm sure Tom has a staff of like five people who just manage his hair alone.

I'm sure he's WELL taken care of, guys.

Jaygee

Established Member
Reaction score
Not that I wanna make a wager, but that does not look like hairloss to me at ALL. I'm surrounded by guys at college who look like that. It's even all over their heads. What you're seeing there is probably just the "change of direction" gap that is almost inevitably seen on closely cropped head.

Axon

Reaction score
Jaygee said:
Not that I wanna make a wager, but that does not look like hairloss to me at ALL. I'm surrounded by guys at college who look like that. It's even all over their heads. What you're seeing there is probably just the "change of direction" gap that is almost inevitably seen on closely cropped head.

That is correct sir.

But let the haters drink their

1742hatorade.jpg

Healthy Nick

Established Member
Reaction score
Nah. The thinning is now visible on the top and sides of his head. he was even nervously running his hand over his head.

Odelay

Established Member
Reaction score
Holy sh*t! I just knew last night when I was watching David Letterman that someone was going to comment on this hair and think that he was thinning. I am not even joking, as soon as he leaned forward and you saw his cowlick I thought to myself I bet someone will make a post about him losing his hair. And low and behold, here it is.

Hair on the back of your head grows in more a circular patter unlike the rest of your hair which grows down towards your face or down towards your shoulders. While it is possible it was thinning it did not really look at all like male pattern baldness, even in it's early stages. Either way you want to look at it, male pattern baldness or not, I would still trade early 20's hair for his early 40's hair any day of the week.

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
isn't tom like 43 years old, i can definatly see a difference between the current photos and him in 'the colour of money' but it it took 15 years for him to loose that much im sure he will have a decent haid of hair well into his 60's

P.S i love these threads, after studying al this stuff about hairloss i jsut walk down the street looking at guys going nw2, nw3, nw4, nw2

Jack_the_Lad

Established Member
Reaction score
Tom might be thinning slightly but he's also 43 which should mean that his hairloss will go at a very slow pace so yeah I'd say he'll be alright for a long time maybe into his 60's I'm sure he'll have other things to worry about then at that stage

Shave my poodle

Established Member
Reaction score
Thinning Sucks said:

This is what 0 hairloss looks! :roll: That scalp you can see is what everyone would have with that type of haircut. As for his hairline hes a Nw1.2 at worst.

lynne

Reaction score
totally. do u guys know ANYTHING about hairloss at all? that's a full head o hair guys.

It's normal to be able to see through people's hair when it's that short unless it's naturally really thick or curly.

20sometingtoo

Established Member
Reaction score
That is most certainly hairloss. I hate to break it to you guys, but not all types of hairloss can be classified on the norwood scale. I just recently buzzed my hair and it now looks exactly like Tom's picture there. Diffuse thinning may not seem like much, but if he were to grow out his hair (like I did, before I buzzed it) it would become much more apparent as where the hair parts you would be able to see much more scalp than is normal for non hairloss folks.

Thems the rubs for diffuse thinners. In one way, we've got it better than others and in other ways we don't. We dont have to worry about hairlines which is nice though.

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I would kill for a hair like him and im only 17 and hes 43, do the math :roll:

Shave my poodle

Established Member
Reaction score
20sometingtoo said:
That is most certainly hairloss. I hate to break it to you guys, but not all types of hairloss can be classified on the norwood scale. I just recently buzzed my hair and it now looks exactly like Tom's picture there. Diffuse thinning may not seem like much, but if he were to grow out his hair (like I did, before I buzzed it) it would become much more apparent as where the hair parts you would be able to see much more scalp than is normal for non hairloss folks.

Thems the rubs for diffuse thinners. In one way, we've got it better than others and in other ways we don't. We dont have to worry about hairlines which is nice though.

Thing is, people have various levels of density, Toms hair in that photo has more density than I've ever had, even in my early teens, so some people with no hairloss whatsoever show scalp with a short buzz type cut.

Anyway he did grow it out for the Last Samurai and there was no sign of thinning at all.

G

Look at the picture, are you people blind! he's nearly completely bald.